It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking about Marihuana and Coca Leaf

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I think it's funny that we can talk about murder, rape, abortions, etc but we can't talk about a drug that has medicinal benefits. A drug that was only made illegal because hemp was going to have a huge effect on the cotton industry (as well as lumber & later pharmaceutical).

I understand that it's still considered taboo to be talking about drugs but there are some interesting things about some drugs in their pure form that can have benefits to people. Heck, it could almost be considered a conspiracy how this one drug (won't say which one) that scientist were using in studies to treat mental health issues & other studies being done, were shut down by the government. Now no studies can be done.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: Sremmos80

Marihuana, marijuana....., diferent names same plant. I met the plant in South America, I don't know why "J' was added.

The States bastardize language (Color instead of colour, etc.) & the spelling of marihuana is no different. I don't recall when it they changed it to a J.
Health Canada can't make up it's mind of how it wants to spell it, with a J or with a H. They flop back & forth on the spelling.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
The U.S. Govt./U.S. Department of Agriculture, encourages "Marihuana" use...
Hemp For Victory (1942)

edit on 28-5-2014 by SkyLiner because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2014 by SkyLiner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Asked and answered

Closing

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I met the plant in South America, I don't know why "J' was added.

Because 'J' in Spanish is pronounced like 'H' in English. The correct spelling is marijuana, pronounced 'marihuana'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join