It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking about Marihuana and Coca Leaf

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
1.- More and more states and also other countries are legalizing marihuana under pseudo medical reasons. It's maybe the most popular drug and now a great source of income for states that leglized it, at the same time it represents a new form of control of the population, keeping them in a false state of happiness. Smart move in times when people lost interest in narcotic religions. Something had to be done before the population gets into revolutionary ideas.

2.- The Coca leaf is not a drug threatening the young population, it's considered a medicine and a superfood with ancient tradition. Time ago, I did a thread about the use of the coca leaf in the Inca's Empire. Sadly, ATS killed the thread due immature "off topic" posts.

Now,....is it ok for ATS to discuss about marihuana?

If the answer is yes, shouldn't be the same for the coca leaf/plant (NOT COCAINE)?

If the anwer is no, what is ATS afraid of? Why can't talk about a plant?

.....because I'm more than ready to hit ATS with a new thread about coca and finish with this ignorance about this great plant. Do I have the permission?
edit on 27-5-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Sadly denying ignorance only applies to certain topics.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Sadly denying ignorance only applies to certain topics.

Thanks for your reply. At least I have a witness in case this thread get killed too.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Until it is federally recognized we won't be able to talk about personal use. The medical aspect can be talked about when it comes to mj not so sure about the coca leaf...
And do you spell it with no j where you are from?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

one thing about marijuana prohibition is that it was started to control mexicans. later the dupont company along with the looming millitary industrial complex and propaganda demonized a rather harmless plant. discussing it on ats would be discussing something that their sponsors are competing against to maintain a stranglehold on free speech in the most subtle way possible. amongst other things, people here on ats still think a plant that in ten thousand years that hasn't killed anybody is for some reason harmful. people here even dehumanize marijuana users. how can they deny ignorance

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Marihuana, marijuana....., diferent names same plant. I met the plant in South America, I don't know why "J' was added.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
i don't see any 'problem', as long as the discussion remains focused on the properties and contributing medicinal aspects and the like.

... and as long as others can refrain from discussing 'how may rails they chased down the night before' and such....

the plant/leaf itself has a long-since 'sanctity' amongst various cultures and historically-religious groups.

so... why shouldn't it be discussed on a debate/discussion forum the like of ATS..

* big time warning , though*
this discussion must remain focused upon the medicinal/spiritual history of the 'plant',, as opposed to the aforementioned 'ruby on rails' type shyte.

!?!?!

just sayin' ....

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I figured that you had a reason for no j, that is the only way I have ever seen it so that is why I asked. Thanks for the info

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 12m8keall2c

Excellent !

Thanks for your reply. I guess it's time to recover all that info and blend a nice thread as soon as I can on the next days.

(post by rockoperawriter removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
And, to be very clear....
From the T&C....

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances........

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
You can thank your fellow members for ATS' zero tolerance policy regarding drugs. There was a time when the mods and admins thought the membership could discuss these topics in a nature manner. Sadly they were mistaken.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
From the T&C....

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances........

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form.

just want to reiterate the same... AGAIN...

keep it simple Stupid - like.

K.I.S.S.

I recall having seen/read accounts of 'king's messengers' having chewed coca leaves during marathon ++ type runnings/journeys..... only to fall dead once they arrived and had delivered 'their message' to it's recipient.

!?!?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
From the T&C....

This makes no sense as I have read many articles here on ATS where folks drunk post or talk of other uses of the corporate sponsored killers.
But hey, "It is my chalk and your board, you keep the eraser".

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 12m8keall2c
Sounds like they were just not smart enough to use a horse!
2nd.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: g146541

And if alcohol or rx's are ever illegal then we won't be able to talk about them.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

And if alcohol or rx's are ever illegal then we won't be able to talk about them.

It states...

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances........ i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form.

I see the words legal or otherwise.
Not all prescriptions are legal for everyone, and alcohol is age prohibited.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

untrue.

i was told i could not make a thread about the health-related benefits, and medicinal applications of non-psychoactive cannabinoids.....because it "promoted personal use of an illegal substance"

nevermind the "non-psychoactive" bit, and the fact that it wasn't about advocacy of personal use, or about using said substance to induce an altered mental state.

rule of thumb at ATS: you can talk about drugs, but you can't talk about drugs...

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Well..... I guess you got me there haha

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Well..... I guess you got me there haha

No sir/maam, it is not a case of one upsmanship.
It is a case of mods saying "NO!!!" then posting the T$C which pretty much closes the door on everything.
Yet they allow and even discuss things that are against T$C apparently.
It can be very confusing.
But....our chalk, their board and all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join