It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"An Anonymous Rich Person Is Hiding Money All Around San Francisco"--HuffPo CAN WE EXAMINE THIS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Now, I'm not one to leap to conclusions without properly questioning my own sanity.

HOWEVER, I feel that when a connection presents itself boldly, it is worth looking into.

From www.huffingtonpost.com...

...An anonymous person is dropping off sums of money around the city and then tweeting hints about the locations in a project called "Hidden Cash."

The person behind Hidden Cash told The Huffington Post that the project will soon expand to other cities.

"I am OK with giving out at least $1000 a day for the foreseeable future. It will not affect my finances significantly," he or she wrote in an email. "We are planning to add more cities, starting with LA next weekend, and NYC shortly afterwards."

The donor said they "want to start a nationwide movement" around this anonymous charitable giving.

So, seems friendly enough. However, my intuition reminded me of a WWII scheme, hatched by the Nazi's, to destroy the British economy.

From www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org... more sources on Wiki.

Operation Bernhard was the name of a secret German plan devised during World War II to destabilise the British economy by flooding the country with forged Bank of England £5, £10, £20, and £50 notes.

Many of us are waiting for that first domino of economic collapse to begin (while knowing the money in our wallets is just paper debt); some say watch Japan's market, some say gold, everyone has their thing to monitor. I find it so strange that I would remember this Nazi plot while reading the HuffPo article.

I know it's a w i d e leap from an anonymous person being charitable to organized devaluation of the dollar within the country. This is one of those times I'd love for someone to remind me that everything isn't a conspiracy

But the person DID say they planned on expanding to LA and NYC next, then more.

The original Nazi plan was to simply dropping notes from aircraft. A "nationwide movement" of dumping thousands of dollars a day all across the states in a game of cash hide and seek is slightly more amusing, I guess.

Thoughts are SOOO appreciated, especially because I know I don't understand economics as well as I ought to.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I fail to see how some guy giving away money already in circulation will destabilise the US economy.
Just a rich bored dude with good intentions.
Wish I found some

S&F for a great story.
edit on 27-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Sounds like some kind of social engineering experiment to me.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I was just having a conversation with my buddy the other day about how these big cities rent out glorified closets for the same amount you might rent a full size house in other locations. Whoever is dropping the cash is doing these people a huge favor - actually, on second thought, maybe not so much. Imagine 15 people converging on that $100 bill. Who gets the money? Chaos waiting to happen. I don't know. It go easily go either way.

edit on 27-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: kismetpair927

If it s just him that is 365K a year it will not effect a thing. There are about 275 cities in the US which have a population of over 100,000 people. Even if some billionaire plays game in each it still will not effect a thing.

I figure some people are so rich they simply do not know what to do with it and are a bit bored. Imagine if you could play such a game with quarters and have a city of people looking for them.

Kinda reminds me of when I was a kid where we glued quarters to the ground for giggles and just waited to see people try to pick them up. You would be surprised the lengths some would go to.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

That's a great aspect to bring up! My husband and I were just talking about how different the reactions would be in SF and NYC. I imagine finding the envelope becoming some massive crowd in New York, yknow? It's cut-throat enough, I wish we could expect better from the masses but uhhhh no. From individuals, however, yes!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Jeez, I hadn't thought of the "entertainment" factor. Spot on.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
S&F!

It is just a covert way to move lots of desperate poverty stricken people hungry for money to certain areas at certain times to mess with the general logistical flow of daily business.

It is designed to disrupt!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Not actually a guy, shes a woman. I seen it on Facebook and she's doing for a reason.

-SAP-

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I saw this on the news this morning. I'm off tomorrow and was thinking about participating. We'll see.

It's probably just some rich person who is bored.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Dumbest thing I have heard this month.....

i would laugh very hard if I didn't actually think you believe what you said!!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I'll certainly have a look around the city when clues are posted. Went to the person's Twitter page, and most of the locations so far are ridiculously easy like Lombard Street and the sea lion paddock at Pier 39.

As for living in overpriced cracker boxes in SF, yes it's true. I sold a massive house in GA when I moved here for a circa 1920s tiny home in the city. I learned to live with much less but consider it a move up, if you know what I mean.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I can see fights, etc. if it gets bigger. Ya know how people act just on black friday at a Walmart sale.
edit on 5/27/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

Great contribution, man, at least everyone else who didn't find my association interesting came up with an actual point to make. Your posts and threads give you up, you've got a "do not reply" note now. Pip pip.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Just a rich bored dude with good intentions.

...or a total megalomaniac attempting to establish his own personality cult. You never know.

As another post mentioned, I can see droves of people scouring the city after these "clues" are released. The potential for mass hysteria is high, which is part of what makes me suspect that ego plays a huge role in all this. Thousands of desperate morons hinging on his (or her, I don't know) every word...

This isn't charity. It's using people for the personal amusement of some rich asshole. Reality show coming soon.

"Scavenger Hunt: San Francisco" Fox 8 p.m. EDT

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
If anyone connects with this or any other Philanthropist or Group please let them know there is a new kid in Town and that new kids name is Global Humanitarian Re-location.

We need to move the people to the resources,not the resources to the people,on a Global scale.

We need to open up the Global marketplace by removing the single biggest barrier ,one which is forcing us to by proxy waste enormous volumes of resources which destroys our environment,the transportation aspect.

Humanity cannot afford the cost of transporting goods and services on a Global scale anymore.

It is imperitive that we immediatly change the dynamic of our Global community.

This stimulus will encourage ALL of the Billionairs Globally to throw their influence into what would be come a thriving global Economy producing unheard of volumes of fiscal energy and growth.

There is nowehere or no marketplace big enough or healthy enough to sustain the kind of growth that Global Money Marketers require to sustain the valuations of our current Global Fiscal structure.

This means that if a new and accomodting growth dynamic is not created then the rich cannot get richer fast enough to maintain or grow the real value of our currency representations.

In simple terms they have nowhere to spend their money.

This means they need to re-asses their marketplace perspectives and spend money to make money which they very well know how to do,on a Grand Scale.

In the past people thought we were running out of resources,now we know we are not running out at all we are mis-managing our resources.If we continue the degrees and levels of mismanagment the Status Quo accepts we will deplete our resource bases and production capabilitys on a Global Scale.

If we optimally mangage and restructure the resource base and its growth and maintenance the Earth can easily support 50 billion people,and that number is a Capital Venturists wet dream.

You can only make more money if you make more people,keep the ones you have alive and participating and then make more ASAP,not less like the morons running the show now seem to think they need to do.

We can now envision and execute things on a Global Scale,it is time to bring the people to the resources,to the Arable land,to the livable areas,no borders,Global re-location ASAP,the volume of Global work and business that will be required to produce this movement will propel Humanity further and faster by proxy than the Industrial Revolution did.

Geographical re-location of Humanity on a Global Scale is the Future.

It is the only way our species will survive the Global resource scarcity scenario we seem to be creating for ourselves.

edit on 28-5-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Well current US currency, especially in higher denominations, is much harder to fake than the British notes from that period. The Nazis handpicked Jews who had experience in the fields necessary to forge bank notes, and these guys did a great job. The forgeries were almost perfect. Not perfect, but pretty close. Some of these were found relatively recently if I remember correctly.

I am just saying that the reason that could have worked is because the notes were fake. It would have been extremely expensive to use real ones, although technically, if one could get enough of them, it still could have worked. But I don't know how many were even in circulation at that time. Probably not enough to acquire so many.

So this couldn't really hurt anything if the notes are real. And if they were fake, the police would be on to this guy as soon as someone got caught trying to deposit or spend the bills. The only way I could see this having any economic impact would be if it were done on a massive scale. And I do not think it will ever get so large, as I do not think that enough of the people who could afford this would be willing to do it.

I am all for charitable giving, but I am not sure this is the best way to go about it if that is the ultimate goal. You have no clue who is getting the money. The person who finds the hidden money may be rich themselves, and were just doing it for fun. I mean he can do what he wishes with his money I suppose, but I just think the "charitable" aspect of it should not be counted on.

But then again, speaking strictly from a mathematical point of view, your average person will find it...And considering the distribution of wealth in the US, the person probably will not be rich, and could probably use the money. Again, speaking mathematically, there will be someone who could use the money more. Sort of like the saying there is always someone worse off than you are...If there isn't, then you are doing really badly. But attempting to determine who to give money to based on need would be a horrendous process, and is not one that I would even feel comfortable doing to be honest.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I heard about this and can't help thinking that its all some kind of joke. Money... is the root of all evil it was once said. I don't believe that, but it isn't a way to find happiness either and certainly doesn't do much to bring about good or positive change. Wouldn't doing somebody an act of kindness, really helping them, do far more for both people?
You find a thousand dollars. It won't change your life, probably. It may cover a car repair bill or medical bill and buy some new clothes if you're really financially hurting, or keep you from getting evicted if you owe back rent. But you're still not much better off in the long run. What has really been done to help a person better their lives? You could come up with so many better ways to create a circle of positive life improvement. Even a thousand dollars could help a person, though. But you'd have to look at what the person would need and how it would be spent and the long term impact.
And even then, giving money is still the least you could do, the least personal investment you could make.
It just seems like a well intentioned but ultimately shallow and pointless effort.

top topics

join