It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These 20 Clever Drawings Will Make You Question Everything Wrong With The World!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiM3LoRd
Awesome stuff as usual mate.

The one with the revolving dictator statues is perfect to describe our lying leaders.

To me what it Repesents :

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz
Reminds me of this:

edit on 29-5-2014 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Filth runs threw it. At least that is how I seen it....that is why art is great.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: WanDash

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: Jonjonj

That one made me question.

Was his action out of ignorance or desperation ?

Good point.
It would probably have been just as cold on the other side of the wall.
On the other hand - poverty (hunger, lack of shelter, thirst, cold) &/or despair can mess with one's judgment - and get you to eat/destroy your salvation.

ETA: It's obvious that the boy had climbed, at least part way up the ladder... So, it isn't as if he didn't know how to use it. But - maybe he never climbed high enough to see/realize that it was any more useful than to get a higher view of his enclosure.
IDK

I took it to mean people were willing to give up freedom for comfort. Which sadly is very common in todays world.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
...I took it to mean people were willing to give up freedom for comfort. Which sadly is very common in todays world.

I don't claim to be "right"... It was just an observation.
Thanks for giving your perspective.
I, actually, considered a number of other possible 'interpretations'...but then, also thought - it would be foolish to spend a thousand words on what I thought it meant, when there were 19 other 'pics' to consider.
You're consideration/perspective is at least as insightful as I thought mine was.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I took the ladder picture to mean people are forced to give up their chance at freedom in exchange for meeting their immediate survival needs.

For example, the person who can never goto college because it's more important to have a minimum wage job so that they don't starve.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Liked the thread.

My comment: "Tell us something we don't know"

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Or the gem of "Welfare should be a hand up and not a hand out." When often times the person in that situation has to consume the resource (the ladder) just to get by (the fire) and pass up the future opportunity because what might happen 3-4 days later does no good if you won't make it past today.

I had to do the same thing personally when I cashed in on some 401K's to keep a roof over my head and food on the table a few years ago. The logic was simple, there is no retirement when you won't live long enough to retire. Besides, it just means I have to work longer which given the way we are headed as a society was inevitable anyway.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
the dove of peace being comforted by vultures .....

I didn't know you all knew , what I know ....

.... note to self , shoot down all vultures !

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Number 18 is all of us, we're not looking at anyone else crouched by that fire but ourselves. Well i probably shouldn't include the .00001% who've created the ladder. We've all accepted comfort instead of constantly pushing ourselves to get over a hurdle which someone has placed or that we've placed in our heads . However, that gentleman warming his hands by the fire may just be constructing the plans for a large bulldozer, excavatorish type machine to grind or bust through that wall with the help of his mates. Now that will be worth a thousand words ...

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
S+F, absolutely fantastic! They all rang true, but 4 spoke the most to me. It pretty much summarizes the history of Europe.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I think it means security over liberty.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
7, 9, 17, 20 - someone explain?

Thanks!

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

7. Marketing strategy for pet food to appeal to human tastes.
9. Foreign workers doing what western people deem "unworthy"
17. Loss of empathy for the working class
20. Not sure. An abundance of fossil fuels but the inadequacy to maintain?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: WanDash

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: Jonjonj

That one made me question.

Was his action out of ignorance or desperation ?

Good point.
It would probably have been just as cold on the other side of the wall.
On the other hand - poverty (hunger, lack of shelter, thirst, cold) &/or despair can mess with one's judgment - and get you to eat/destroy your salvation.

ETA: It's obvious that the boy had climbed, at least part way up the ladder... So, it isn't as if he didn't know how to use it. But - maybe he never climbed high enough to see/realize that it was any more useful than to get a higher view of his enclosure.
IDK

To me the ladder is access to a good education with the wall being all that blocks people from education (or higher education) instead of being able to get the education to escape the situation, he is stuck in his situation of poverty and can do nothing but burn the ladder for warmth.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

7. Marketing strategy for pet food to appeal to human tastes.
9. Foreign workers doing what western people deem "unworthy"
17. Loss of empathy for the working class
20. Not sure. An abundance of fossil fuels but the inadequacy to maintain?

Ah nice i see it.

7. i guess the cat is next in line to be our food?

9. Ah that make sense, i thought something like that might be the case.

17. Yup, they are interested more in the paint than the dead painter.

20: yeah.. it seems like exactly what you said, but what does the other boy represent with his toy train?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: froglegs79

I see it as... he is at a stage where the environment has given him no choice but to give up one thing to survive.

digging himself deeper into poverty with no way of advancing.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

The inability to handle all the fossil fuels.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Climb out and be free and cold or stay in the hole and be warm. But for a limited time only.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join