It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These 20 Clever Drawings Will Make You Question Everything Wrong With The World!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

This one made me think about that statue of Sadam being pulled down. Had they seen this pic first they might have realised what they were doing!

Agreed, also, some Eastern European former Communist States as well.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Absolutely loved the ones I understood.
I didn't get most of them.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

This one blew my mind. . . . .

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Awesome stuff as usual mate.

The one with the revolving dictator statues is perfect to describe our lying leaders.

But at the end of the day people just dont care enough to crawl out of their hole. they would rather burn the rungs of their ladder to keep warm because short term comfort is so much easier.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiM3LoRd
The one with the revolving dictator statues is perfect to describe our lying leaders.

Ah! That was one I didn't get. Thanks.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: artnut
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Or, now that he is dead, we can appreciate the art, and that somewhow it has value now?

That is what I love about art. He has a specific idea of what he is creating, we all interpret it in our own way. Very clever stuff in my opinion.

I like your interpretation of #17 artnut. I feel like there could be many meanings behind this one. I found this one a bit difficult for me to interpret myself but I did notice that the blue paint looks like the sky, I can see birds flying in it. I get the feeling that this has something to do with busy lives in a big city.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

No.4, The Revolving Tyrant (the second one you shared) is as powerful a picture I've seen in my entire Life!!!
Really chilling!!!

Peace Slayer!!!

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: AfterInfinity

What I saw wasn't blue paint but the sky... look closer. The guy fell while painting the sky.

Wow, you're right! That makes it an even more powerful image. I'd buy that painting if I could. And I'd watch people looking at it and scratching their heads. And I'd shake mine sadly.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: speculativeoptimistThese made me think of all the people that are slaves to face book i hate face book, but i'm sure it's been a blessing to some of you

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

It reminds me of communism.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I like the ladder pic. To me it represents how a-lot of times we tend to miss what is staring us right in the face.

I also like the dude painting on the chains. To me it means we usually bound ourselves in chains, not the other way around. We humans tend to do this in many ways, such as in our beliefs or in the way our minds think. We build the chains around ourselves.

leolady

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Ummm...WOW....what an absolutely brilliant collection and commentary....I laughed at every one of them and the depth of altruism they represent...Thank you for bringing this artist to my attention...the man's a genius..........from the first..."the cake is a lie"...to the "facebook periscope" and it's faux representation of anything remotely social as it actually becomes the wall between the user and what lies beyond the screen...I also agree that political speak and "media" are definitely both...septic in nature and relationship.

Thank you for this glimpse...Slayer.............again...WOW...

YouSir
edit on 28-5-2014 by YouSir because: an...are...was lacking

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: leolady

This is why I love this stuff, for me, the chain PIC shows me that whatever # the world throws at you you will always try to make it seem less bad by kidding yourself it isn't really that bad...and who knows, that may actually work.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: leolady

Ummm...I thought that the second one you spoke on was more a warning that post modern slavery is alive and well in the black community....with the stereotypical gold chains...ALA..."Mister T" and a warning not to exchange one form of slavery or chain for another...Yet....it could also be stated that we have all enslaved ourselves willingly to "all that glitters", and that perhaps chains take on many shapes......Mine happen to be car and motorcycle, computer and smart phone....etc...etc...etc...

YouSir
edit on 28-5-2014 by YouSir because: an...N...was tardy.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

Perhaps, given the fact he obviously used the saw, that what he saw was worse than where he was. In the hole might be safer...

He saw, then he sawed lol
edit on 28-5-2014 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Very nice images, thanks for posting, thought provoking stuff.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
His technical proficiency is impressive. His ability to articulate focused ideas with symbols is awesome. Some of them made me laugh aloud. The mouse funeral is almost Monty Pythonesque. There does seem to be a cloud of cynicism hovering over it all. I get the feeling he was not a very happy person. It is undeniably brilliant work.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Thank you for these, they are very deep. The one of the slave painting his chains gold is very powerful if one comprehends it's full meaning. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Wow, those were pretty strong images! Thank you very much for sharing this with us, the artist has a very interesting mind.

Second Line!

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

This one blew my mind. . . . .

non thinking Man !

represents :?

Giving up Freedom for a little of Security:

where he didn't have to ! institutionalized ?

He Could of climbed out and did the same thing on the Opposite side

or is it Illusion he just got Free and Cut the Rungs got some warmth before the journey ?

2 sides of the Coin ..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join