It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These 20 Clever Drawings Will Make You Question Everything Wrong With The World!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I kind of felt that way myself at first . Then the thought occurred to me that maybe some others here may not have been exposed to such work yet.

It is what it is.
edit on 27-5-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
There may well be something bigger but i tend to react to art as it hits me

a reply to: Sremmos80

edit on 27-5-2014 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Flag

this

to Saturn and back !!! AWESOME! any thoughts good sir ? :-)

ETA:
I'll repost after thinking what each one means to me.

edit on 27-5-2014 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I don't know if it's because I'm a cat owner or insensitive to mice all of the pictures were funny but when I saw #15 I lost my marbles, pretty twisted...

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The pigs and the spilled paint really got a chuckle out of me. Abstract art has never been so spot on.
edit on 27-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'm missing whatever his point for #17 was, and I see #18 differently. Or maybe I'm looking at it too literally. Dude needs warmth now, and leaves just enough sawed off nubs to leverage himself up the ladder on later, even if it's a little physically difficult. Them arms are gonna get a workout, but it should be doable.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I'm missing whatever his point for #17 was, and I see #18 differently. Or maybe I'm looking at it too literally. Dude needs warmth now, and leaves just enough sawed off nubs to leverage himself up the ladder on later, even if it's a little physically difficult. Them arms are gonna get a workout, but it should be doable.

That was one of the ones I enjoyed. They made a bigger deal out of the spilled paint than the dead guy who was using it. Society's priorities leave something to be desired. And 18 was about a guy sacrificing his future for a moment's temporary comfort.
edit on 27-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
17 imo means someone was killed for trying to make the world a brighter place maybe? Did he fall from the sky while painting a sky? Yea, it is a bit unclear.

I think 18 represents short sightedness, as in using all our resources selfishly/greedily with no concern for the future? Those same resources we lustily go through in our disposable society are limited and we may pass a tipping point at some time.

ETA: I like AfterInfinity's perspective on 17, they care more about the material than the person?
edit on 27-5-2014 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This type of art can only be subjective right? So your point is as valid as any other
a reply to: Nyiah

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Thanks... for more depressing truths about the human condition, our selfish social Darwinism, our unwillingness to think through and implement change to better everyone (sound of gun being cocked...placed to temple).

But then again (sound of gun being placed back on table) good art does tend to focus on what's wrong instead of what's right and all one can do is change what they are able to.

Thanks for feeding my mind/soul a bit, Slayer... been a long, dumb day.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

LOL ... Took a minute and a second look to realize that the Washington Monument was a characterization of Pinocchio (and the lies emanating from the Capitol).

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Excellent stuff and sign me up for #18 when you have a chance, Brilliant art and mind work!

S&F

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

LOL ... Took a minute and a second look to realize that the Washington Monument was a characterization of Pinocchio (and the lies emanating from the Capitol).

Same here.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: speculativeoptimist

No, it's a matter of attention. They were more concerned about the spilled paint than the dead guy. It's a matter of priorities, like I said. Like playing your video game while your mother is choking to death right next to you. But those guy were more interested in the spilled paint than the corpse. Ignoring the big fish in favor of the little fish, that sort of thing.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Or, now that he is dead, we can appreciate the art, and that somewhow it has value now?

That is what I love about art. He has a specific idea of what he is creating, we all interpret it in our own way. Very clever stuff in my opinion.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Wow.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

What I saw wasn't blue paint but the sky... look closer. The guy fell while painting the sky.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

=D
Brainwashington lol I thought that one was amusing as well

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: Jonjonj

That one made me question.

Was his action out of ignorance or desperation ?

What it initially made me think of was poverty and/or debt. He is stuck behind the wall, but cannot get over it due to the fact that he must survive. My interpretation may not be correct, but that is the thing with such images...They will represent different things to different people. I suppose that is a good thing, but I could envision it being a bad thing on occasion.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

I really like your interpretation, thanks for that insight

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join