It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Film Critic Blames California Shooting On White Male Hollywood (and Seth Rogen)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

whats interesting about Game of thrones is most of it's based in reality.
Royal incest, mass murder at weddings, treachery and back stabbing etc were all just an average day in the Middle ages.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

The alpha male syndrome has existed since caveman days. It would exist without tv, ads, etc. I think most every man is born with a natural urge to compete and one up each other. I don't think it's realistic to expect it to stop any time soon.

I can't fully agree with that. It's very noticeable that within certain groups of men there is permanent competition. It's also very noticeable that within other groups of men there is no competition and much greater group achievement. Specific individuals I'm thinking of who show no signs of competition include a millionaire, martial arts teachers, a reformed armed criminal etc. People who would have every right to claim alpha status yet behave as men, not as dogs or wolves.
there seems to be a vast difference in usage of the term "alpha male" from male and female perspectives. Even among men the definition seems to differ. I propose that you can be an alpha to men, as in those that are leaders in industry an politics. But a true alpha is recognized by both men and women. Sad that most alphas today are playa's, cheaters and conmen of the psychopath and sociopath variety and are womanizers, bankers and politicians. Not all alphas have gone this path. One big hint to me in western society of who they are is that they seem to only raise their own children chosing loyal type wives. Most of the rest, the beta and omegas are spent cuckolding each other raising other mens children.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mash3d

Royal incest, mass murder at weddings, treachery and back stabbing etc . . .
Another show I watch is Reign on CW that seems to have picked up that theme, but it is a bit spoiled if you know anything about the history and how things turned out for the main character.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This Women obviously should be thrown in a straight jacket and put into a padded room at some far and away mental asylum.

With her foaming out the mouth White male hatred, she overlooks the fact that Elliot was not only half Asian, but that he hated blonde Men and blonde Women.

This Women is a delusional, irrational idiot. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: manna2

You're strengthening my point. The concept of these simplistic labels has been heavily promoted to increase dysfunctional behaviour. Look at where and how you are 'learning' about these stereotypes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join