It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soma mine inspected, approved by executive’s brother-in-law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Hurriyet Daily News

The Soma coal mine, where 301 workers lost their lives in a May 13 disaster, received a “perfect” score in March by an official inspector, who is the brother-in-law of a senior executive of the company, daily Hürriyet has revealed.

Labor Chief Emin Gumus inspected the mine on March 12, 14, 17 and 18th and reported "no shortcomings were found in the scheduled inspection." It took Emin only 4 days to inspect the mine when an expert has said it should have taken a month to inspect the electrical equipment alone. Emin is married to the sister of Hayri Kebapcilar, the Project and Studies Manger of the Soma Mine, so it's safe to assume a swift inspection was given to benefit Hayri. However Coal mining is very dangerous and this is what happens when you go lax on safety.

Here are some links to the original event to help familiarize yourself
Officals dash hopes of survival after mine fire kills 232 in Turkey

Turkey coal mine explosion and collapse kills at least 232, traps another 100

Hundreds trapped in Turkey coal mine

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSmediaPRO

Dust explosions, from suspended particulate coal dust in an oxygen environment? We make bombs that work on that principle.

Gasoline vapor is more efficient but coal dust, wheat dust, ammonia nitrate dust or any dust for that matter.

It worked when poured down the elevator shafts in the twin towers, It worked when they threw a lighted flare into a basement filled with gasoline vapors and we hear about it in grain silo explosions.

About a minute and forty seconds into here. Wumpf…

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSmediaPRO

Personally, I think the executive and brother-in-law should both be charged with murder. There is no excuse for this kind of behavior.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
So what is so odd about this. Usually the inspectors are required to overlook major problems and write citations on little things. So, they didn't get the little citations because of this guys relationship? Saved the company a little money. Inspectors are not allowed to do citations that shut down mines even here in America. All they can do is warnings on major things, fining them for the same thing every so often. My cousin was a mine inspector, he was telling me some of the things they couldn't do or they would lose their job and pension.

top topics

join