It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck talks with Penn Gillette

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I found this floating around today, although it was posted in Dec. 2012 i think it is worth bringing here because it points out a common problem throughout all societies. A trend of exclusion and what Penn refers to as tribalism (possibly more like idealism) . I don't often find myself in agreement with Beck but he and i stand on the same side in regards to the constitution. I think i agree with his little graph at the beginning too.

Penn makes some really good points on why society should not be governed by the tenets of any religion, much less any specific religion, but rather by the rule of law set forth in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Basically that the government should be just large enough to ensure everyones personal liberty.

I dont know how to embed from a smart phone so here is the link to the video.
youtu.be...
edit on 27-5-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Embed

edit on (5/27/1414 by loveguy because: what a pill that was

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Basically that the government should be just large enough to ensure everyones personal liberty.

It is an oxymoron to take from one mouth to feed another.
A parasite can't survive without a host.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy

It is an oxymoron to take from one mouth to feed another.
A parasite can't survive without a host.

No one is endorsing that here. In fact in the video they bring it up and both of them get irate at the thought of the OWS types calling for redistribution.

Thanks for embedding but watch the vid and then comment. Thanks.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Penn although extremely intelligent is a right wingnut. Has to do with his money.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
Penn although extremely intelligent is a right wingnut. Has to do with his money.

Yes i agree. But what about the video?
edit on 27-5-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: damwel

So he's "extremely intelligent" but because he has some different beliefs than you he isn't worth listening to?

That's pretty much sums up what he talks about in the video. Did anyone even watch it?

How about we say he's extremely intelligent and has some very good points and leave it at that.

top topics

join