It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A truly haunted Haunted House (Long)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
i.imgur.com...

I've been an employee at The Myers Haunted House in Flat Rock NC for four years now. A lot of people don't realize the work and dedication it takes to do a Haunted House, especially with the limited funding and staff that we have. But over the course of the years we've truly become a family.

We rarely get new people that stay around for long, usually our "Walk-in staff" are druggy teenagers who think its just all no rules fun and games. We have a system of seniority at the place which means if you've been there multiple seasons you can come have creative input during the off season and if you're an initiate you get to carry out menial tasks--- just to prove you are dedicated enough to last the season when it arrives. (Best test of character EVER)

getting on with my story, my sister and I were year 2 seniority under the manager of Five years his wife, who had also been there five years, Fender who had been there four, Jeff our carpenter/electrician/they guy who removes possums and raccoons from the ceiling(Oddly we let him cook for us too haha) who had also been there five years, and our new initiate Mary.

Being only 2 year employees we had to do tasks as well for my sister and I it was to paint. If you'll click the link to the image it'll be easier to visualize. We were supposed to be painting the walls in silent hill, our search for paint lead us down the tunnel, through Saw, heather's room (Called that because it's the actor's name but the theme changes), ronnie's room (called that for the same reason as Heather's), through Hell (the smallest room in the house that isn't staff only, its just painted black with flames airbrushed on it, we used to have a Lamiya in it but meh he quit so it stayed just "hell") And into the back room (Called that because the theme changes and it's the last room of the house) where the paint buckets were stacked against the wall.

To our dismay every bucket we opened was full of either just trash or a dried up lump of paint. we rolled our eyes as this was the last possible source of paint we had and headed back toward hell. Now, through Hell you can see a staff only corridor used by actors to access a trap door in Hell, at this time the wall wasn't up and there was a curtain made of a sheet hanging up with a split down the middle so we could get in to work easier.

My sister was in front and i was behind and suddenly my sister screamed-- we play pranks on each other all the time so i assumed she was playing one now, but she started crying and pushed me out of the way. i said "Lida, whats the matter!?" And through her sobbing and panic she said she saw something sitting in the slit of the curtain.

I asked her what and she said she saw something horrible mocking a joke she'd played on us all, pretending to be sitting in that very spot dead a few days prior. she said it had white round eyes that didn't seem to fit in it's skull and long sharp teeth in ti's mouth curled into a grin. mimicking her pose and her clothes and even her hair. I looked past her into the room, trying to see and i noted the curtain looked like it pulled itself together in the middle, like someone was standing behind it. just for reference we have NO masks, prostetics or actors who look like this. THAT'S when I started screaming too, and banging on the wall because the backdoor was locked and we were NOT going through that room.

We could hear the other staff working feet away from us in the tunnel and putting things into the storage room. Fender had gone to take a leak out the emergency exit then changed a light bulb in Heather's room... nobody heard us. we sat in that room crying and banging the wall until someone wondered where we went and came looking for us.
edit on 27-5-2014 by DoeBee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I have a lot more stories from here if you all want to hear them.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DoeBee

Only if you break it up into paragraphs. A wall of text is a hassle to read, my friend.

edit on 5/27/2014 by intelligenthoodlum33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I started reading it but all that text is hard to look at.

Paragraphs are really useful

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Put some breaks between every four or five lines to make it easier to read. Otherwise, most people won't read it.
I'll check it out later, after you've had time to edit it.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

she said it had white round eyes that didn't seem to fit in it's skull and long sharp teeth in ti's mouth curled into a grin. mimicking her pose and her clothes and even her hair.

Alive or dead that was cool.

Spirits can be pranksters, too. As they behaved in life, be they bully or giggly door bell ringer. Why not? What better place to prank from but the "invisible" realm?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I hope my edit of the text wall helped it be more readable. i guess i was just in a hurry to get the story out LOL.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I want to hear more stories! That one was really freaky....did the curtain go back to normal after they found you?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

Yep the curtain was open and normal when everyone got there. I'll post some more stories soon!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
So does the owners know their haunted house is actually haunted?
Has there been any real paranormal investigation? I mean not by you or the employees.

I believe it is time to stop playing pranks with this stuff.
When people are afraid to the point of running let alone crying it is time to get out of the situation.
I would suggest you and your sister leave, you two definitely are not ready for the real thing.
and for someone like me, it sort of aggravates me because this stuff is not a game for me.

I have heard from people who believe in ghosts that haunted houses pisses the spirits and demons off. I believe Amy Allan from the Deadfiles mentioned this and some other well known medium psychic.

So if there are such things as ghosts/demons then you may have them there, which is not a good thing because they may follow you and take up residence in your home.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Pics ?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
everyone knows the place is haunted, we generally don't get botheredthatmuch though.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
another story:
Whenever we get a new employee we don't tell them right away about the haunting, we let them figure it out. everyone figures it out.

I recall my third night working there: After hours all the staff generally stays in "Ronnie's Room" and hangs out, shooting the breeze, etc. until my third night i'd go in, then just leave, but i guess they liked me enough to invite me to hang our afterward and recount the night's scares with the rest of the crew.
after a while of everyone standing around--- not being loud or anything just chatting laughing that sorta thing.
I was like: "Guys, shh for a second please, do you hear that?" And "i swear I heard a little girl giggling and talking."
Everyone's face lit up at the same time, "Yep. We were all making bets on when you'd see or hear something"

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I agree with mysteryskeptic, I don't believe the dead like that kind of stuff. I've seen the same dead files show, you should check it out on YouTube. You don't know what you can unleash, and yes, it can follow you or your friends home.
Thanks for sharing though, I have some stories I will share later. But I don't work at a haunted house :p

top topics

join