It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Boy His Own Grandfather? (+Video)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: iosolomon
Does reincarnation start in the womb? Start at birth? Start at age 2? or 4? or even later?

Reincarnation starts at conception. Re-incarnate .... so that would be the point of becoming incarnate .. which is conception.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

originally posted by: sled735
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

That's interesting. She could be.

Watch the video too. It tells about more case studies, and more about reincarnation. Maybe it will help answer any nagging questions or doubts.

Yeah, been down that road before
but ...ide like to think that after we die we go to a much better place ,than earth again lol

Who knows... Its an intresting subject no doubt !

The reason we keep reincarnating is so we can perfect our spirit, and ultimately, reunite with the Source (God).
Some spirits DO choose to go to other places to learn certain lessons; it isn't always earth that we come to (per info I've read in many books, and linked articles in threads).
Some of the other threads I've put up that have to do with reincarnation have a lot of information. If you're interested in researching, give them a look.
Also, ex-member "WildTimes" has some great threads on it too.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraternitasSaturni

a reply to: sled735

Not sure if I believe in the whole recarnation thing , however I can't help but see my mother who passed away in 07 in my daughter who was born in 2010.

Its crazy . her smile , her actions, little things she does remind me of my mother...

It feels kind of good you know...

S+f

Ty op for sharing this.

Because with genetics not only the "color of her eyes" are carried...

I'm sure you're familiar with the concept of genetics and it has nothing supernatural about it. Your child is a unique human being like no other with no soul from anyone else but her very own. Cherish her uniqueness and her likeness through genetics instead of mixing science with superstition, magic, religion and in the words of a famous late comedian, "spooky language".

I was making a general statement , but also its been proven that memory can be passed down through genetics. I recall reading that on ATS once upon a time

I actually read about that, and I do believe that to an extent (in a way that they can be recovered like a deleted hard drive that can be recovered) but what I've read its not actually "proven"... by what I understand is all a big "may be there" or "may be passed" or "may be transfered through"... nothing conclusive. They do "believe that" and then a big "may be"... (no its no a typo - its actually the title of 99% of the researches on the subject - "may be") So... but yes, I do believe it too... something like the game Assassin's Creed.

But again... to the others, try to leave the "reincarnation" and the hocus-pocus, abracadabra, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, medieval thinking behind and please try to understand science and not to blindly embrace superstition like so many I see looking at it like its a last hope, a way out, a justification for this life just because they cant handle that "it cant be just this" there has to be "something else beyond this life"- while calling life itself "just this" is pretty demeaning specially when talking about "life". Nope... enjoy the one you have, there's no second ride people - make best of it

Some funny facts:

The chances of you existing:

If you go back 10 generations (250 years) the chance of you being born at all is at most 1 divided by 6 x 10100 or
1 in 60000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000.
In gambling, even a chance of 1 to 100 is not worth a gamble.
Are you ever lucky to be alive!!

If you go back 1 million years or 40 000 generations (each generation is considered 25 years), your chance of being born is at most 1 in 1.8 x 10403167 or
18 with 403,166 zeros after the 1.

In other words your chances of existing is essentially zilch, even if we were considering this possibility only a short 250 years ago.
Right now you do exist, so the actual chance is 100%, but the predicted likelihood in the past of you being born would be essentially zero.

The calculations of these numbers (calculations shown below) tend to overestimate your chances of being.
They only include numbers based on your father's contribution, his father's contribution, his father contribution, and so on. In other words the calculations are based only on the direct male line.
They do NOT include the following factors that would make the chances of your existence even less:
- your mother's contribution
- the men and women that died in war, famine, disease without or with fewer offspring-- in some generations 50% of humanity.
- the men and women that died from natural causes.
- children that died before reaching the age of reproduction.
- fetuses and fertilized eggs that died and were naturally aborted.

You are the result of many generations of survivors. One of the people that died prematurely could have been your Dad or your Dad's Dad and so on. Somehow, none of your forefathers died before passing on his genes to the next man in your lineage. Because of the deaths mentioned most human lineages died out, while luckily yours survived. Lo and behold, here you are!
Because of these deaths, your odds of existing were actually much less than the odds given below.

Are you still worried about reincarnation after this? Really? Read some more then...

Now, after all that science and calculation... doesnt that make you feel really special? Why bother with "reincarnation" when you just won the ultimate lottery? Does your magic beat the odds? Well... you had a darn good luck once, my suggestion would be to "take it while you can" but hey, you can always try to beat the odds, although I wouldnt lose my sleep over it - my guess is, on the second run... the house always wins.

edit on 27-5-2014 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

How would you react if your child told you he/she was your mother/father in a past life? Would it affect how you related to them in this life?

Hi, sled, thanks for posting this! I'd heard of little Sam before, but it's always fun to review the amazing stories like this one.

As to your question - I wouldn't be the least bit surprised...my daughter, like yours, is wiser than I am, and at the same time, tells me she learned by being exposed to/aware of my mistakes. Also, I felt an affinity for my father's mom, who died several years before I was born...
both writers, creative types, oppositional, romantic....so, ya just never know!
I'm a firm believer in reincarnation.

I think it's important that our children be aware that we are not perfect. Too many parents hide all the 'dirt' from their kids, which is, imo, not fair. My grown niece and nephew had never heard about their father's stint in a police station from his teenage years. My mother blurted it out, laughing as she told the story - just reminiscing - and my brother's face went white. He said, "Mom, we haven't told them about that."

Oh what a tangled web we weave when we are not simply genuine and authentic, admit our frailties and mistakes, and tell our children how (and what) we learned about life from making those mistakes!

S/F

I'm sure we carry talents from past lives into this one. We can choose to remember them, if we want to keep on perfecting that talent. Even if we don't choose to remember it, the memory is still there in our sub-consciousness, so it could "leak through" in some fashion.

I agree, parents should not try to seem perfect to their children. No one is perfect.
I have my own experience with this from my mom who seemed so "straight-laced" and perfect to me while growing up.
I felt it was impossible for me to ever "measure up" to her.
After growing up, I found out she wasn't as perfect as she wanted us to believe. It was upsetting to learn this, after trying so hard to live up to her standards all my life. Standards that were a lie.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Smokey2308

I've read some of Newton's books. I have an open mind about soul duality, but I'm still learning about this.

I had an OBE not long ago where I was in two different places at once, so it's possible. I'm still researching this topic.

Thanks for your post.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

I just came across this article about a little boy who says he was his own grandfather in his past life. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Which article? I wouldn't mind seeing this compelling evidence.

Watch the video. Over 2,000 cases of children telling memories of a past life.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
I don't recall any part of the bible tbat says reincarnation is not possible.

I don't remember neither someone who gave me a good reason to deny reincarnation.

Thanks. I really don't want this to turn in to a debate of religious beliefs vs. proof of reincarnation. That topic has been discussed many times on ATS, and the two sides will NEVER agree.

As I typed in bold in the OP, I'm interested in knowing if it would affect your relationship with your child in this life, if you learned they were your parent in their last lifetime?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kauskau
What if all lifes and all "moments in time".. happen simultaneously and you are only cross connecting to them when its relevant for you....

"Nothing ever happened" (as the enlightened buddhists say) would have a whole different meaning

Interesting concept. I just woke up, so right now it hurts my brain to think about this.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: iosolomon
I do wonder if I am my own father (not of this lifetime, of course, but millennia ago). This is would be the bootstrap / ontological paradox of time travel, although a bit off-topic, but still interesting to ponder.

Reincarnation. I wonder at what age a prior life's memories merge with the current life. Does reincarnation start in the womb? Start at birth? Start at age 2? or 4? or even later? Would that not create some ethical problems of possession?

I've come across many different answers to this question. Some say conception, others at around six weeks, others a little later. I've also read that the soul of the baby can leave to go back to the spiritual realm, and come back as it chooses until birth. Maybe when they aren't active, this is what they are doing?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: matadoor
I really didn't believe in this until our Niece had a son.

My wife's father had passed away several months before (like 9) and when this child was born, he even LOOKS like her father. Oh, and her father was not a very nice man.

He's now age 5 and he clings to grandma like they are the best of friends.

I have no doubt at all it's the same soul, none what so ever. It is most definitely that A$$hole, which makes me wonder, if THIS is hell. Because he sure was heading there, and didn't make it, he got to try it again.

And, maybe that's it, we keep trying until we get it right?

Or, is this really a prison planet.

Try not to judge this baby by his past life (if he is who you think). The whole reason we come back is to correct our mistakes, and learn new lessons.
If he is clinging to his grandmother, he may be trying to give her the love he didn't from his past life, or correct some other mistake he made with her.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

In response to your post asking about Soul ratio vs human population ratio, I'll refer to the books I quoted in my earlier post by Dr. Michael Newton and try and share some more information.

Of the case studies he presents, a few speak of or allude to some type of inconceivable energy mass (Source?) that constantly churns out fragments of itself which form new Souls. Think of a Soul as a wave of energy. His subjects also speak of an 'unseen' presence that's always in the background of proceedings (Life Reviews, for example), a powerful observer of sorts which subjects inform him they are not allowed to talk about when questioned further under hypnosis, although the presence is most definitely felt.

All clients speak of Soul levels, and I recall there being Soul Levels 1 to 6. Beyond that you'd be looking at Ascended Masters and the like. Each level is denoted by the Soul's colour of energy, Level 1 being yellow/white through to 6 being purple/violet. Level 1 Souls are viewed as child like and immature with each level there after denoting an increase in Spiritual maturity.

Souls choose to incarnate to gain experience and learn all the lessons one lifetime promises. Sometimes the required lesson isn't learnt and reincarnation takes place. Same themes, different life and so on and so forth. A lesson may take one life or it may take thousands.

He talks of other dimensions, planes of existence, that the Universe is teeming with life and that Earth is but one destination of infinite realms. I remember quite clearly him stating that Earth is viewed as a challenging planet with many hardships and obstacles to overcome, a school of hard knocks so to speak. Higher level Souls have many options for their destination.

Gradually, over numerous lifetimes, the Soul begins to progress on it's own Spiritual development, which is to get closer to and realign with Source.

So, based on his case studies, the constant increase in population could be likened to an influx of 'new born' Level 1 Souls. It may explain why we live in a world where I constantly scratch my head at the stupidity of sects of the human race, where people seem so easily manipulated and become so enamoured with their daily dose of Jeremy Kyle or the latest celebrity gossip over true life experiences. The child like, immature, Level 1 Soul.

Also, he states that Souls operate in groups, known as Soul Clusters (between 3 to 25 members). The Souls will tend to be around the same Soul level maturity wise and will each help each other out by playing different roles in each life. Parent, brother, sister, son, daughter, friend, lover, spouse and so on. Roles and sexes are often reversed several times over too for differing perspectives, and interestingly he gives valid descriptions of how karma works on this scenario, but that's a whole other arena.

To sum things up, his subjects claim that there's an immense energy mass that churns out a never ending stream of new born Souls and that all Souls have many options destination wise available when it comes to reincarnation, eventually merging back with Source.

Of course it's all speculation but it twists my mind with the possibilities of what's out there beyond my current incarnation. It's definitely one of those pub chats that I could talk about for hours.

I hope this information leaves you with another theory to ponder, no matter how outlandish it may sound. If you have an interest in reincarnation, I do recommend Dr. Newton's books. I found them absolutely fascinating and the information gained through Life between Lives hypnosis of each of his case studies bear uncanny similarities throughout.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Whoah. This adds another dimension to incest. LOL. That said I have a picture of my wife s great grandfather and he's the spitting image of my youngest son. It's in an old book about the town we live in and when we saw it it sent a shiver up our spines. I truly believe we go on after death but reincarnation is a hard concept because there are more people alive than dead so where do all the other souls come from. The more people born the more souls that have to come from somewhere. From where is a really debatable question.

All souls come from the Source, or God, or whatever name a person chooses to call it.
Not all souls are on earth at the same time. There are other planets and spiritual dimensions that teach different types of lessons. But, we have all had to come to earth at some point to learn our "emotional" lessons.

While we are here it is very easy to create negative karma. We have to come back at some point to correct this bad karma so we can perfect our spirit before moving on to the next level in our spiritual journey. We can do it in the spiritual realm, but it takes much longer, and is more complicated.

Many spirits choose to go elsewhere before returning here to balance their "karmic slate", but time is running out for earth, so many spirits have had to come back now, while they still can. That's why we have so many people on earth now.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: sled735

The reason we keep reincarnating is so we can perfect our spirit, and ultimately, reunite with the Source (God).

That is a pretty bold claim to make.

The issue I have with this is I thought our soul/spirit was already perfect, and if we are not perfect, then that would make God flawed since he created us.

I don't buy into the imperfection dogma at all, or a fall from grace somehow trying to remember who, what, why and where we are.

I don't have any answers myself, but it would really suck if we kept re-incarnating because we have a flawed creator, or a flaw in creation.

For the most part life sucks, and having to relive it over and over and over sounds hell. lol.

Peace,

RT

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Thank you for answering my question.

I hope I don't reincarnate with my parents either, unless we get to turn the table next time. LOL

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
She's been breastfeeding her father this whole time?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: FraternitasSaturni

Every thread that has come up on reincarnation has someone saying it is passed down from DNA, or genes.
And in every thread I have commented on this. So I will comment again so everyone will see it.

There was a case study done by Dr. Brian Wiess where he took a woman back to a previous life beyond several she had after that one. In that life, she had no children to pass her memories to through genes. She recalled names, places, etc. that were verified for that lifetime.

This proofs the theory of reincarnation more than memories passed down through genes.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: kauskau
What if all lifes and all "moments in time".. happen simultaneously and you are only cross connecting to them when its relevant for you....

"Nothing ever happened" (as the enlightened buddhists say) would have a whole different meaning

Yes nothing is real. Each one lives in his own real life Inception
Go Figure

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Smokey2308

Wonderful, informative post. Thank you.

I've read that, but I've also read about souls that were here long ago having to return now so they can correct mistakes made when they were here long ago.

Probably both apply.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

We become imperfect once we leave Source, IMO. We have to work on growing, and learning new things. This, in the end, we take back to Source/God when we reunite and it becomes part of the whole.

I'm running out of time to post more in depth. Time to get ready for work.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm trying to imagine the scenario in which a little boy points at a picture and says "oh yes, that's MY truck" and my mind immediately jumps to "huh, he must be reincarnated." Rather than, say, imaginitive, or spoiled. My young cousins walk around my house thinking everything is theirs. Were they me in a past life?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join