It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange UFO sighted above iceberg on New Foundland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Have not seen this one posted.

Its posted a week ago but still think its worth it to share with you guys and gals out there.
Have no idea what this is or could be, at first it looks like a plume of white smoke, but why would it just hang above a iceberg.

an still shot from the event:
(no browser (chrome/firefox/ie) lets me add a image from my library sry, this is ever since the site changed.)

See and judge for yourself:

sourc e
edit on 27-5-2014 by Dimens because: added source

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimens

Yup, a superior mirage.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Other thread

I think most posters came to the conclusion of a mirage.In the other thread you'll see many examples.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Notice at about the 45 second mark near the end of the video, something drops on the far right side, then into the water. Interesting.

edit on 27-5-2014 by Gonzo1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Id say that considering the video is called "Iceberg Mirage ?" and it looks like an iceberg mirage then it is probably an Iceberg Mirage.

Google is your friend

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gonzo1971
Notice at about the 45 second mark near the end of the video, something drops on the far right side, then into the water. Interesting.

Yea......... Right.......

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gonzo1971

Bird. Look at the other thread where it's explained.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimens

Its posted a week ago but still think its worth it..............

url]

Which one is it?

This thread is a duplicate which deserves to be deleted, especially since the OP couldn't spell 'Newfoundland' in the title.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I have it was posted last week.
UFO Over Iceberg

edit on 27-5-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Looks to me like a classic temperature inversion, I mean the shape even mirrors the tip of the iceberg?! Nice try man but..no.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

it looks just like the tip of the iceberg.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

actually you do see a bird dive and splash in the water just before the end in the lower right, but this thing is a carbon copy of the tip of the iceberg indicating an atmospheric explanation.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Yes looks to me like a classic temperature inversion field effect

originally posted by: bottleslingguy

actually you do see a bird dive and splash in the water just before the end in the lower right, but this thing is a carbon copy of the tip of the iceberg indicating an atmospheric explanation.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
near the end of the video at around 43 seconds something seems to fall into the ocean near the far left of the screen. its even possible to see the splash.

i doubt it was a bird, seeing as though the splash looked enormous(tiny from far back). it spouts straight into the sky. no bird can do that.

edit on 27-5-2014 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2014 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Yeah the dropping object needs explaining before this is labelled a mirage tbh

That was certainly interesting

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Newfoundland, all one word.

Also, it's a mirage.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bottleslingguy

Yes, that is what he said. The thing that dives into the water is a bird. The thing hovering over the iceberg is a mirage.

Two unrelated things.

If you look at the video in full screen you can see the bird dive into the sea twice, flying across from left to right between dives. I posted screenshots in the other linked thread.

Link right here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
Yeah the dropping object needs explaining before this is labelled a mirage tbh

That was certainly interesting

Not really. I don't see why they need to be connected.

The object above the iceberg could be a mirage while the object seen flying then dropping into the water can be a bird. They is no connection between a bird and a mirage.

originally posted by: Rekrul
i doubt it was a bird, seeing as though the splash looked enormous(tiny from far back). it spouts straight into the sky. no bird can do that.

The splash was relatively far in front of the iceberg, which means it was much closer to the camera.

edit on 5/28/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
this video needs an expert. what i mean by expert is a distance analysis. i've never seen this location and i would rather have a scientific analysis of the distances between the two[which is the mirage and the "falling object"]. Before i can conclude that a "bird is diving" i need a 3D density test on the so called "bird" as well.
edit on 16-6-2014 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

i'll believe you if you can prove it.

edit: also that camera has to have a special feature where it can zoom in on a spot as well as photograph the "non zoomed" in image behind it. you have to be right next to the "bird" to see a vertical splash that high, unless the bird was diving faster than sound.

new topics

top topics

join