It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hasnt evolution been proven?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheeser
i was just watching this interesting documentary on evolution by NOVA and isnt the AIDS virus evolving? the new strains of the virus are mutations in the genes of the original virus. the virus is evolving into different forms of original AIDS. so yet why do so many creationist still disagree which evolution when we can see it occuring in the microscopic world. i know we arent seeing complex multicellur organisms but yet, this is still an organism evolving isnt it? correct me if im wrong
[edit on 11/24/2004 by cheeser]

Yes, organisms are still evolving. We do see new species developing and we do see species changing. The cycle of change in viruses and microbes suh as bacteria is a LOT faster than in other organisms.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The idea that biological things just happened and eventually became one of the most complex creatures in the universe----is so far out there that's its a wonder that the belief in the tooth fairy, Santa Clause, and Aliens is looked upon as silly.

If one can seriously without smirking believe in evolution----there is no end to what they are capable of believing in.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper
The idea that biological things just happened and eventually became one of the most complex creatures in the universe----is so far out there that's its a wonder that the belief in the tooth fairy, Santa Clause, and Aliens is looked upon as silly.

If one can seriously without smirking believe in evolution----there is no end to what they are capable of believing in.

Oh yes!! Much more likely a bearded guy in the sky dreamed it all up than primitive single celled organisms evolving into more complex ones over a billion years! Yes thats much more believable!
Chimps have 98% of the same dna we do.. there have been various amounts of humanoid species that we obviously share a connection with [proved.. go to your local museum].
And what makes you think we are the most complex creatures in the universe? Is that an "I'm god's favourite" or based on factual information?

[edit on 3-12-2004 by riley]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
OK SLEEPER ROCKS ON THIS POST>>>>>>>>> as for Riley where do you find that meuseum where they house the missing link? i think ABC news would like to see that ...why dont you take a trip to your nearest library and do your homework,,,,all you have is a theory my friend

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley

Oh yes!! Much more likely a bearded guy in the sky dreamed it all up than primitive single celled organisms evolving into more complex ones over a billion years! Yes thats much more believable!
Chimps have 98% of the same dna we do.. there have been various amounts of humanoid species that we obviously share a connection with [proved.. go to your local museum].
And what makes you think we are the most complex creatures in the universe? Is that an "I'm god's favourite" or based on factual information?

[edit on 3-12-2004 by riley]

I don't know who dreamed it up but I do know that many of us don't claim primordial slime and its offspring the ape as ancestors.

I can't speak for everyone's family tree.

If you wish to believe you are an educated monkey---that is your business.

The important things in this universe are hidden from us, in the same way that a child in kindergarten cannot comprehend what is being thought in College.

[edit on 3-12-2004 by sleeper]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   

I don't know who dreamed it up but I do know that many of us don't claim primordial slime and its offspring the ape as ancestors.

So.. apes are decendent from primordial slime.. but we got dreamed up by something else entirely [oh but definently not the toothfairy] and you have also come to the conclusion that we don't share a common ancestor despite the fact that we share 98% of the same DNA as chimps.. how to do you account for the dna?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
does dna make a missing link?
i dont think so...we are all ,everything, made out of the same thing (string theory) and we are all held together by a restraining force...might i suggest to you that god is that restraining force..................

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninki
i dont think so...we are all ,everything, made out of the same thing (string theory) and we are all held together by a restraining force...might i suggest to you that god is that restraining force..................

what are you talking about? clearly u cannot bring string theoy into this. its in its primitive form and not physicist dont know much about it or even if its real?
if ur going to believe in a theory. believe in one that has more proof than string theory... evolution. and we are all made out of the same things. trees, humans, monkies, stars, snot, fart gas. all the same materials on a atomical level. well if anything that would make me as a human less significant and show me that humans are no different.
yes thats right. and restraining force? all i the forces i kno of is strong nuclear, weak nuclear, electromagnetic n gravity. take ur pic, not god

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   

im smirking after reading this

if something believes in someone who created *biological things* with there... hmhmm.. magical power *ABRA, KADABRA, ALAKAZAM*. well then i believe there is no end to what they are capable of believe in.
and by the way. its not very hard for life to arise. all that needs is a few of the right chemicals in a solvent. then lets just say with the intense heat of lightning. there... u have a chemical reaction in a bubble. - life.
what is life? wat are we? just a bunch of chemical reactions.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   

evolution, is a religion because it is based on faith....there is no science to back it up. you have scientific theory...creationists have that as well...therefore we are in the same boat my friend.......faith is the name of the ship

armmm... excuse me? science doesnt have enough evidence to PROVE evolution. but we still have little bits of *evidence* that indecated evolution is how we got here.
so please dont say there is no *science* to back it up, there clearly is if you research it.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   

i dont think so...we are all ,everything, made out of the same thing (string theory)

So first you are arguing against humans and chimps being related.. then say everything is related.. which is it? Chimps and humans have been PROVEN to be related with DNA so a missing link is a given and is now just a lost treasure chest for scientists.. and a final gag for the fundies [though they'd only claim it was a hoax anyway].

and we are all held together by a restraining force...might i suggest to you that god is that restraining force..................

You try explain DNA away with 'God must've done it so there'?! To me it's another word for 'I don't know'. Real answers please. :shk:

[edit on 5-12-2004 by riley]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Sorry riley, your treasure chest will never be found....wanna know why? it did not happen. i did not say we were not made of the same material as animals,,,just said we are not animals, BIG difference......

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
ok here is a gross test for you...if what your saying is accurate, then if we enclosed the world trade center rubble and left it alone for billions of years then checked it out...you think we would have humans? why not? we are even giving them a jump start with the remains of life as we know it.......sorry my friend it wouldent happen,,,,,,,AND I SAY AGAIN>>>>you have no science to back you up either, so you and me man...we got faith....your just mad about the definition.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Sorry riley, your treasure chest will never be found....wanna know why? it did not happen.

If it doesn't get found it would be difficult because fossills are rare.. if it encased in ice or a bog somewhere maybe.. but the chances of that are slim but I hope they do. The missing link may have been a mutation over one generation and might be rare anyway. Besides which we have other ancestors that are not human that have been found.. how do you explain those?

i did not say we were not made of the same material as animals,,,just said we are not animals, BIG difference......

What makes us not animals if we are related to them [be specific]? We are biological and mortal aren't we? [We eat, we sh#t, we breed, we die.] And.. does this means chimps are not animals as well because they share 98% of the same dna as we do?! Do they get to go to heaven if they've been good little monkeys? Do they get saved? What makes them animals and not us?
No one has answered me yet. Why are they so closely related if we are so unique and special? Oh and I think the great ape shares about 95% dna.. and all other primates.. are they animals as well or do they get a reprieve because they are relos? Can anyone one anwer my dna question without 'god dunnit'?!

ok here is a gross test for you...if what your saying is accurate, then if we enclosed the world trade center rubble and left it alone for billions of years then checked it out...you think we would have humans? why not? we are even giving them a jump start with the remains of life as we know it.......sorry my friend it wouldent happen,,,,,,,

Wtf is this dribble? Zombies?! You are talking about one small enclosed place.. where the only think that could evolve would have to be small enough to manouver inside rubble.. like insects, small mammels and plants. Something can't keep evolving if it's dead.. you obiously have not idea about biology.. if you can't even grasp the basics of it don't bother trying to argue it.

AND I SAY AGAIN>>>>you have no science to back you up either, so you and me man...we got faith....your just mad about the definition

Wrong. I have given you science to back it up.. which you have conveniently ignored.

[edit on 5-12-2004 by riley]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Sorry riley, your treasure chest will never be found....wanna know why? it did not happen. i did not say we were not made of the same material as animals,,,just said we are not animals, BIG difference......

nikki last time i checked. humans are animals
no plants, fungi, bacteria or Protozoa we are animals

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The diference is UNDERSTANDING...god has given understanding to the mind..on another note Riley...do not tell me what to talk about or debate about,,,you have no clue what i grasp. ... we both have the right to say and debate what we want, thank you very much
...we are not animals and that sort of thinking leaves people with a lack of responsibility to the whole world...we have a part to play in the big picture..we are not here now by a mistake....also just because you keep saying I HAVE SCIENCE TO BACK IT UP....but no facts, well then that leaves you with theory...hey!!its what we got...both of us.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The diference is UNDERSTANDING...god has given understanding to the mind..on another note Riley...do not tell me what to talk about or debate about,,,you have no clue what i grasp. ... we both have the right to say and debate what we want, thank you very much
...we are not animals and that sort of thinking leaves people with a lack of responsibility to the whole world...we have a part to play in the big picture..we are not here now by a mistake....also just because you keep saying I HAVE SCIENCE TO BACK IT UP....but no facts, well then that leaves you with theory...hey!!its what we got...both of us.

but thats the thing ninki, we are animals, animals with society, culture, imagination, etc... please dont say we are not animals, clearly we are. our physical bodies and behavioural patterns both resemble that of animals.Just because we are *spiritual* doesnt disclude us from our biological classification of which kingdom we belong to.

Dictionary meaning of animal
A multicellular organism of the kingdom Animalia, differing from plants in certain typical characteristics such as capacity for locomotion, nonphotosynthetic metabolism, pronounced response to stimuli, restricted growth, and fixed bodily structure.

us humans *homo-sapiens* fit into this Kingdom. The animal kingdom. Here i have provided you with the FACTS. If you would like to still believe we are not animals... F**K

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
heavy language there man ...relax. just because something resembles something does not mean they are the same thing....Example- water resembles glass....both liquid not the same.....monkeys are pretty smart...humans have understanding..acountability.....would you put a monkey in jail if he comitted a crime?.....to him who has been given much much is required....you have been given much.............you just have a hard time believing that...that is ok ...just relax no need for the profanity

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   

heavy language there man ...relax. just because something resembles something does not mean they are the same thing....Example- water resembles glass....both liquid not the same.....monkeys are pretty smart...humans have understanding..acountability.....would you put a monkey in jail if he comitted a crime?.....to him who has been given much much is required....you have been given much.............you just have a hard time believing that...that is ok ...just relax no need for the profanity

profanity? You are the one clearly stating the HUMANS are not ANIMALS. I just simply explained how HUMAN are in fact ANIMALS?
moss is a planet. humans are an animal
how is this profanity? correcting your mistakes? i dont see it irrelivent

plz explain

[edit on 11/24/2004 by cheeser]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheeser

profanity? You are the one clearly stating the HUMANS are not ANIMALS. I just simply explained how HUMAN are in fact ANIMALS?
moss is a planet. humans are an animal
how is this profanity? correcting your mistakes? i dont see it irrelivent or vulgar

your just tryin to change the subject

plz explain

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join