It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hasnt evolution been proven?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   
i was just watching this interesting documentary on evolution by NOVA and isnt the AIDS virus evolving? the new strains of the virus are mutations in the genes of the original virus. the virus is evolving into different forms of original AIDS. so yet why do so many creationist still disagree which evolution when we can see it occuring in the microscopic world. i know we arent seeing complex multicellur organisms but yet, this is still an organism evolving isnt it? correct me if im wrong

[edit on 11/24/2004 by cheeser]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I agree Cheeser, but people who have strong beliefs aren't going to accept any amount of scientific evidence as proof. Also, it only takes one counter example to disprove a theory.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
so true!!! i mean, i have blond hair, then white hair, then red hair......i have tan skin, white skin....im fat, i am thin...hold the phone i think i came from a monkey....whatever...evolution inside a species...show me outside the species.....thats what i thought

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I agree as well, in my eyes evolution has been pretty much proven. There is so much evidence to support the theory, as opposed to no evidence (bar the bible) to support creationism....

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
"Ook"????

Evolution makes sense to me, but im not sure about us. how does sentience evolve? Surely something is either sentient or its not, is anything partly sentient? can you be a bit pregnant?
Why cant monkeys imagine things, build machines? Is there any evidence of a species between dumb animal and sentient intelligent being?
How does evolution account for whatever makes us different from animals.?
sureley there should be monkeys building cabins with handmade tools?
If the brain size/complexity argument holds true then many animals are smarter than us or we arnt as special or different as we think.
sentience must be more than physical ? is thought just electrical activity in the brain? big can of worms.

[Edited on 30-11-2004 by instar]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Micro evolution is a fact, macro evolution is a joke.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
its a puppy, its a poodle, its a greyhound, its a mastif, its a bulldog....still just a dog.its a monkey its an ape its an orangutan its still a primate...where, my friends, are the in betweens???might i suggest there is no evidence...so what we have here is 2 BELIEFS...

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
YEAH! lyke Evilution is zo teh stupid! I mean lykz why doznt monkeyz hav heuman babiz if eviluitoan is tru??!! LOL thatz what I thoughtz!!! Evilutionz is lyke, toetally 4 atheist commies!!!! LOLZ!!!!! Praize L0rd JEZUS!!!!!!!!!11111111

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Well at least when i was in school evolution was a fact. i remember the whole deal with the missing link, we find it and we would find exactly how humans evolved from a primate. evolution and plasticity were common knowledge and science was about finding answers with an open mind. It shames me to think that less and less people are willing to take a step back as opposed to finally getting answers to the universes true mysteries. I mean to each their own , but it's prolly just a fad right now, I doubt Universities will ever stop teaching courses that support evolution. They can make as much of a stink about in public schools, but it wont last.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Evolution is a joke

Micro evolution is a fact, macro evolution is a joke.

You have quoted that *evolution is a joke* yet you also quote *micro evolution is a fact*. i think your post is a joke. You state one thing, then counter react it with just about the opposite?

and why would the princible of evolution only govern *small* organisms opposed to big organisms. They both have DNA, they both have DNA to be mutated. Thats where evolution occurs. Why are u trying to say that DNA mutation only occur in micro-organism? eeerr wrong, cancer?

i dont see much sense in ur post????????
i might if u explain it abit better

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   

If the brain size/complexity argument holds true then many animals are smarter than us or we arnt as special or different as we think.

???
Its no the brain size, ofcorse a blue whale has a bigger brain than use? (im persuming).
its the BRAIN size in comparisment with the Body size.
so a blue whale has a big brain but they have a LARGE body
humans have large brains compared to most other animals in relation to there body size

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar

From an anthropolgist's view point.. we're not that different.. just more advanced. Our social behaviours are very similar to apes and other animals.

Monkeys still have body hair so are better adapted to the elements than we are.. they have no need to build cabins.. and tools.. they use rocks to break open shells and sticks to dig out termites.. very primitive but still tools.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
monkeys still lick butt in public
i already asked where are the in betweens????? where is the missing link????there is not one ...all such thoughts or discoveries have been prooved hoaxes.....i say again evolution inside a species YES....evolution outside of a species.....NO

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Say that there was this aboriginal tribe that lived isolated from the modern world, and one of its members stumbled upon a pocket watch possibly lost by an explorer some time in the past.

The tribe knows nothing of manufacturing, metal, glass, or of the need to keep time. What are they to think of this complex item? That humans like themselves made it? Unlikely, that it was a natural occurrence? Possibly.

Is a watch more complex than a brain, a heart, a lung, an apple, a cherry. No a watch is a simple mechanism, antiquated in comparisons to biological organisms.

Yet most would laugh if it were suggested that the watch created itself, yet easily believe that complex biological bodies (that no one on this planet comes near to understanding) just happened by accident of nature.

Go figure.

I am not a believer in any religion, including Darwinism.

[Edited on 1-12-2004 by sleeper]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I always hated that analogy. Watches are in-animate objects, organisms are not. Your analogy is flawed. Evolution has nothing to do with religion. Sigh. Evolution does not equal atheism.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alec Eiffel
I always hated that analogy. Watches are in-animate objects, organisms are not. Your analogy is flawed. Evolution has nothing to do with religion. Sigh. Evolution does not equal atheism.

God cannot be proven, one has to believe.

Evolution cannot be proven, one has to believe.

UFOs cannot be proven, one has to believe.

What is religion but a belief in something.

Hating something doesn�t negate its relevance.

Everything is made from atoms. At the atomic level inanimate objects and organisms are one and the same.

Look deep into the elements that make up an atom and you find �nothing�

Everything is an illusion.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
re�li�gion
n.

1. ,Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
2. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
3. The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
4. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.

Evolution is not a religion, and by scientific standards, has already been proven. I hate your analogy not because I hate it, but because it isnt relevant to evolution. Watches= inanimate. Organisms= animate. A lot of things are an illusion, however, reality is reality, regardless of how one views it. The way science studys the natural world and universe around it, is not an illusion.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
evolution, is a religion because it is based on faith....there is no science to back it up. you have scientific theory...creationists have that as well...therefore we are in the same boat my friend.......faith is the name of the ship

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

re�li�gion
n.

1. ,Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
4. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.

Evolution is not a religion, and by scientific standards, has already been proven. I hate your analogy not because I hate it, but because it isnt relevant to evolution. Watches= inanimate. Organisms= animate. A lot of things are an illusion, however, reality is reality, regardless of how one views it. The way science studys the natural world and universe around it, is not an illusion.

Those who believe in evolution believe in the god of "mother earth."
Those that believe that all life just happened---believe it "religiously" if not then they are not sure of their beliefs.

Inanimate items do not know that they were created by so called hairless apes---and would deny it if they were able to. Maybe some day when humans perfect computers to the point that they can reason they may confirm that the idea that they were created by a biological life form is preposterous.

The idea that biological things just happened and eventually became one of the most complex creatures in the universe----is so far out there that's its a wonder that the belief in the tooth fairy, Santa Clause, and Aliens is looked upon as silly.

If one can seriously without smirking believe in evolution----there is no end to what they are capable of believing in.

BTW, evolution has not been proven, and cannot be proven---only believed in.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper

re�li�gion
n.

Those who believe in evolution believe in the god of "mother earth."
Those that believe that all life just happened---believe it "religiously" if not then they are not sure of their beliefs.

Inanimate items do not know that they were created by so called hairless apes---and would deny it if they were able to. Maybe some day when humans perfect computers to the point that they can reason they may confirm that the idea that they were created by a biological life form is preposterous.

The idea that biological things just happened and eventually became one of the most complex creatures in the universe----is so far out there that's its a wonder that the belief in the tooth fairy, Santa Clause, and Aliens is looked upon as silly.

If one can seriously without smirking believe in evolution----there is no end to what they are capable of believing in.

BTW, evolution has not been proven, and cannot be proven---only believed in.

Incorrect. Evolution states nothing about Gods, or a "mother earth." Where do you get this? Evolution also doesnt state that "biological things" just happened. It doesnt even talk about how life arose in the first place. It strictly speaks of how species evolve over time through mutations and natural selection. I dont believe in a personal God, but, I will pray for you tonight.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join