It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Boat Attacks, Sinks Fishing Vessel, Vietnam Says

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: HanzHenry

Current China reminds me of 1930's America.
Potential, Manpower, Materials, Money are in good supply, but a cause is not!

If China was forced into a war, it could grow quite significantly in the absence of a strong, wealthy and righteous America.
edit on am442318272014-05-27T04:42:14-05:00042014p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
An update on this... China's side of the story.

(Reuters) - Vietnam is taking "dangerous actions" at sea, China said on Tuesday, after the two countries traded accusations over the sinking of a Vietnamese fishing boat in disputed waters in the South China Sea.

China also urged Vietnam to immediately stop all disruptive and damaging activities at sea.
Source

The plot thickens? Hmmm....

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

I spent time is South America as a US Marine and did/saw many things that 'never happened'. Most of my enlistment consisted of TAD with JTF's and shady characters with aliases. I have seen the worst types brutality.

The Chinese military has done just as bad if not worse over the last hundred or so years, to their neighbors and their own. Stuff happens.

What the Chinese have planned for America is nothing nice. They are an enemy of the worst sort, one laying in wait.

It is VERY misleading to play coy with China's history or there planned future.

I can think of no other country that poses a bigger threat to the prosperity and future of the US. For them to be buying American soil, Owning American Companies and basically being the boss of American workers... that is beyond REPULSIVE.
For them to own property management companies and be charging SLUM LORD high rents to hard working Americans makes my feelings just.

Mark my words, within the next decade, America will see China for what it really is.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Current China reminds me of 1930's America.
Potential, Manpower, Materials, Money are in good supply, but a cause is not!

If China was forced into a war, it could grow quite significantly in the absence of a strong, wealthy and righteous America.

America reminds me of America in the 30's

China needs to be FORCED into a war .. instead of waiting until they are ready.

Why wait until they are prepared totally? Why give them the chance to be in a position to possibly win? especially when we could strike sooner and take them down before they even stand up?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: guohua

That poster is a huge troll and never has anything of value to contribute. Dont take it personally, some people just have worthless opinions.

so i dont agree with your feelings and Im a troll?

China is a HUGE enemy to the USA. they arent the only one, but they are a MAIN enemy.
I have no regard whatsoever for Chinese people. Couldn't care less, they are profiting from OUR DEMISE. a Nation that my family has toiled and taken part in building and fighting for over the last 500 years.

ANy country that has done to America what CHina is/has is a huge enemy, they have done more damage to the USA than every war enemy in the last HUNDRED YEARS. COMBINED

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Be careful and distinguish the CCP from the Chinese people. There is a great difference. Although a great many have grown up heavily influenced with Party culture and really have a skewed view of the world, there is a huge difference between China and the Chinese Communist Party. The CCP is the enemy of any who do not tow the Party line before it including the Chinese. They will do whatever they choose until it crumbles from within. The Chinese people as a whole are not anyone's enemy.

As far as it profiting from the demise of America, I am pretty sure those american companies chose of their own free will to go to the source of cheap Chinese labor, and US consumers chose of their own free will to buy gobs of useless garbage and amass tons of debt as well. In no way have the Chinese people made the US go into debt or force companies to use their labor. We let that happen little by little. We should take responsibility rather than shifting blame.
edit on 27-5-2014 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

This has nothing to do with the US, this has to do with international law.

My point exactly. The US is so quick to cry fowl about others…

Whats good for the goose…

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Or says the nations that own the land now? It's hilarious US gets hated on while Russia annexes other countries and China steals land too.

Pot calling Kettle black.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Oh screw it, what's the point. I forgot the US is the most inherently evil country on earth and single hardly responsible for the worlds problems.
edit on 5/27/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I forgot the US is the most inherently evil country

Maybe whats begin overlooked is that dissent about Foreign Policy (not the "US") is very American, expected and welcomed in (most) Americans minds.

Violating International sovereignty (US legacy) and waging aggressive war in the name of Humanitarian Goals or outright lies like WMD and Terror is whats evil, not the US as you put it.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

And yet, when Russia goes into the Ukraine for false reasons they're "protecting Russian citizens", so it's ok. When China bullies every one of their neighbors, and the neighbors strand up for themselves, it's still somehow the fault of the US, and it's ok for China to do because they owned them hundreds of years ago.

Even when the US is not directly involved it's somehow our fault, while being ok for the other country to do it. Amazing how that works.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I love that map!

Nothing shows an agenda like showing only one party in a multi party issue.

Here is a map that shows all of the parties claims...all, equally ridiculous...except for Brunei...I think their claim is the existing line.

edit on 27-5-2014 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

Edit:
Nope, I was wrong about Brunei...even their claim extends out significantly further than international laws allow.
edit on 27-5-2014 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: peck420

The Philippines, Brunei, and Vietnam all have legitimate claims to at least parts of the area.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The Philippines, Brunei, and Vietnam all have legitimate claims to at least parts of the area.

Yea..um...sure.

If by 'legitimate' you mean friendly with your country...than, yes, 'legitimate'.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Even when the US is not directly involved it's somehow our fault, while being ok for the other country to do it. Amazing how that works.

That first part of your statement is debatable. Stop implying I say the US as a whole, you are saying that, not me. The American people have nothing to do with US foreign Policy. If you ask them they would say its none of our business. I know, its in the constitution.

Entangling alliances? Thats part of the problem. The more we declare it our providence to take other nations policies into our hands the more trouble we create. Chinese and Russian aren't invading anywhere near on the level the US government, factories for war and the military are.

If you say that other countries aren't or shouldn't be doing that then I agree. Lets start with US then. Lets set the example for what we espouse , not be an example for others to duplicate.

In fact a cause for them to do it too, because they are defending themselves against the encroachment of US military bases…. waaay over there.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I love that map!

Nothing shows an agenda like showing only one party in a multi party issue.

Here is a map that shows all of the parties claims...all, equally ridiculous...except for Brunei...I think their claim is the existing line.

Easier to draw lines on a map in oceans. Unlike drawing lines in the sand, ocean boundaries don't show up as much when you sail across them. Just like "pretending" another ship is in your way while "pretending" not to ram them.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
China, Vietnam, Korean (what fools call North Korea), India, and Japan are not enemies. This is "mutual aggression" to see how far America's Honor (if any Honor even remains) extends.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

By legitimate he means that most claims in that area - besides China's - are reasonable and acceptable, or can be friendly negotiated. If you look at everyone else's claims, you can see they ask for a portion of maritime territory but not extending too far from their mainland.

Like European countries have done with airspace and oceanic economic zones, these countries can get a consensus about the lines to be used.

However, China in this matter is simply saying "MINE!" and taking the whole sea, basically...

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

An EEZ extends two hundred miles from land. The Philippines, Brunei, and Vietnam all have land that extends their EEZ into the disputed area.

Please, explain by what stretch of the imagination is some of what China is claiming within that two hundred mile zone?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So everyone in the world, when they say "the US" only brands the government, and doesn't have any problem with the people? Why don't I believe that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join