It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every Time A Mass Shooting Happens Remember This Video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I said this in another thread showing the videos of that Elliot kid in the park and the other in his motor

The 1st video showed him in a place when he said it was serenity, if I wanted to die by my own hand it would be at a place that would be my place of serenity or whatever

But he acted in a very narsasistic way in the second and he knew he would get all that attention he craved so badly from doing the thing he did

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

Do you worry about dying when you go to the dentist?

Because you are exponentially more likely to be exposed to AIDS/HIV and receive a death sentence than you are to be killed by a spree killer.

Rogue Dentist May Have Exposed 7,000 Patients to HIV, Hepatitis

Imagine, this man possibly has condemned thousands to a slow and agonizingly painful death. He has theoretically destroyed the love lives between individuals and their significant others. The victims will be crippled with a financial burden for the remainder of their infectious lives.

And it was a blip on the radar to the MSM.

How about another story that was not too terribly worthy of an ATS reply-binge-fest?

VA hospital may have infected 1,800 veterans with HIV

The fact is that shootings are bloody and sexy to the MSM and a god-send to liberals and their 'I told you so!' moment. I think it's a toss-up to who gets off on the bullet riddled bodies of kids more; the media for ratings, or the liberals for their gun-grabbing fantasy.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: Domo1

reminds me of this. Generic lazy journalism is ruining our world.

We should stop giving these freaks their own shows. Like a poster said before, how are we going to push agendas if not.

The forensic psychologist is absolutely right. Sane people everywhere say this all the time...yet the world doesnt function on sanity and reason.

And the radio version here:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
That was brilliant, thank you for sharing.

I agree that there are way too many people on TV that think they are experts and their opinion actually matters. Elizabeth Hasselbeck is one of my most despised pathetic excuse for a journalist. Well actually any stupid blonde on FOX news fits in the same category of lazy journalism being regurgitated by a pretty face.

I wish people would do some controversial journalism these days. I used to enjoy Alex Jones but he has sold himself up the river of corporate greed. "Infowars official Coffe" "Random generic constitutional t shirts"

a reply to: tadaman

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Alternative outlets should be considered too, here in Mexico when music glorifying the drug culture was banned from commercial radio it became more popular because you could easily find it on Internet

www.billboard.com...

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Some of these people probably would not perpetrate these crimes if they knew they would not get national attention. Probably not all of them, and probably not the majority, but the attention definitely could be seen as a good thing by these types of individuals. I think the media in general has become a corporate and political mouthpiece, unlike the news of earlier times, when true investigative journalism existed. It seems now that true journalism rarely if ever comes out of the major news networks.

And I bet that even when they actually do investigative journalism, there is a motive behind it. For instance, a station that supports one party will definitely do all the digging they can to make the other party look bad, while they ignore the wrongs of their own party. So journalism today is biased. One possible reason these stories get so sensationalized is because there is some underlying agenda. Possibly gun control, at least in the United States, but I think they are trying to send a broader message of fear. Corporations especially do not want people thinking for themselves, and if you can keep people afraid, you will have a much easier time getting them to buy into whatever you want them to buy into.

This happened with the war on terrorism in America, it happened with the Vietnam War, and a whole host of other places. The whole idea of communist countries overtaking neighboring countries, like a sort of domino effect, is absolutely preposterous, yet that is how fear was sold at the time. Terrorism is what is being sold today.

I mean in the US we have the TSA and all these security measures all over the place, with more likely to come, and I am not convinced that they have done anything good. All they have done for certain is increase fear and anxiety while decreasing individual freedoms. I would rather do away with this state of fear and surveillance and take my chances with the "terrorists." But the truth is that the nation can be adequately protected without all this crap. There are simple things that could be done, but apparently they skipped that step and went right to the one where they start taking away freedoms.

And the relationship between media and politics should not exist. True journalism should not have any spin on it. It should present facts and that is it. Rarely does this occur in "free" countries. Free countries are not free. Not by a long shot, at least not in the sense they were intended to be.
edit on 5/28/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Every time i see another massacre I always end up listening to this song:

I like the song. Not massacres themselves. Its just every time i see a massacre in the news it reminds me to listen to this song...

Then afterwards I listen to this song as well because it's a nice song and I like it.

And i totally agree with the video in the OP. The news stations should stop talking about massacres like they are an income earner and start trying to downplay them and stop talking about them much in general an stop talking them up.
edit on 28-5-2014 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
We really have gone down the "greed is good", being bad is good rabbit hole, so much so that its become like whiskey to a drunk, we know its wrong but just lets see / taste a bit more..

Charlie Brooker as always nails it in both video's as does the shrink in the first one, most of us don't want another killer / atrocity in the world but there's plenty who live to see it on the news, the day is not right unless there's been a mass beheading somewhere or a huge earthquake and massive loss of life somewhere else. Personally I think because films can now mimic the real thing with near pin point accuracy that for some death, destruction and horrendous acts are now entertainment.

Sad world isn't it...
edit on 28-5-2014 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Nice post!

The only question is how do we get the MSM to stop? We can't really step on their First Amendment here in the U.S.

We need some type of proof that would stand up, so they can be prosecuted for culpability or sued by the victims family's.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to: Lipton
The media loves sensationalistic storys. Big bangs and carnage of a bloody and messy type are their favourites. Mass destruction is another favourite. For some reasons these violent events seem to keep people in mass fear and are clearly plays on peoples emotions. Very few people actually die in these very violent ways with most people dying of heart attacks ,cancer or just old age. Most media is increduably manipulive and news scripts are both written to an audience and written to solicit a certain reaction from that audience Eg gun control agenders
If the media is to be believed many of these mass shooters show disturbing behavoural patterns long before they commit their crimes yet somehow they still keep their weapons. If someone is running around or making utube videos taking about killing people Etc they should be put on a watch list, have phyciatric treatment and lose their access to weapons.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Ask news agencies why they don't report on all bank robberies.

There's certain criteria that news agencies have before they report on a bank robbery.

Generally they only report on a bank robbery if:

1. The suspect was caught.
2. The police have a good description of the suspect and public tips would be useful.
3. Someone died and a full manhunt is warranted.

If a bank is robbed and the police have no leads on the suspect it is not reported. The reason for this media black out is because as a society and press we realize that giving bank robberies, especially successful ones, media time will only lead to more people robbing banks.

Why should our philosophy regarding mass shootings be any different? Obviously we are aware of the consequence, and yet we do it anyways. Why?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Thanks for that video.

I will be using that one myself.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

I agree Lipton.

Also, if gore and sickness sell big, why didn't the Kermit Gosnell trial get the OJ, Casey Anthony, or Zimmerman media treatment?

This is a guy that killed tens of THOUSANDS. Chopped off feet and kept them in jars as trophies in his office! It was vile and gruesome, he used scissors to sever the spines from the brains of his victims! He focused on targeting Blacks and Hispanics and avoided white victims! It had all the hallmarks of a "juicy" story, and yet, there was no major media coverage.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

If it bleeds, it leads.

Maybe, though I don't really know, if the MSM lampooned these serial idiot killers, calling them clowns, losers, etc, and to keep up the meme, than maybe they wouldn't do such actions.

Or maybe they would, though upon the MSM HQ's instead.

Anti gun groups don't care. They will continue to sensationalize these stories to feed their efforts to dis-arm the rest of us.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
s&f! Very true, and an interesting video.

It's getting ridiculous. A killing becomes views which rakes in money for the MSM. Like the video said... make the issue a local news piece and make people aware of what has happened in their local area - That's for safety and I get it.

But WHY must it be worldwide 24/7 news? It's not helping the investigation it's just making money on the backs of the victims and their families.

Who's surprised? Show of hands!

Nobody? Oh..
edit on 28-5-2014 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Nancy Grace is the absolute worst for sensationalizing most of this crap. I always change the channel on my wife when she would sit there and watch for hours on end about the Jodi Arias sex trial-and how many ways she would screw prior to killing her boyfriend, or the George Zimmerman issue and OJ when we finally got him in Vegas.

It makes me sick that they can be allowed to make these issues in to something this big only because they have the airwaves. "Unleash the lawyers!" christ I just want to punch her! lol

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
I saw this somewhere else and am essentially stealing the title and really don't give a crap. It's important to see. It should be posted EVERY TIME one of these incidents happens. Watch it.

Thanks for this. It is comforting to know there are still people in the world who think clearly about what matters.

The same is true of all the psycho movies Hollywood puts out; glamorizing evil. Psychos are just individuals who have failed to become persons.
edit on 28-5-2014 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kazike

Alternative outlets should be considered too, here in Mexico when music glorifying the drug culture was banned from commercial radio it became more popular because you could easily find it on Internet

www.billboard.com...

This is a really interesting point. An outright ban would serve no purpose. I also would have a real hard time justifying any sort of media censure. There's also no way to keep things from blowing up on certain channels.

It's so hard to not be part of the problem. WE are the problem. Give someone notoriety, the next ass with an axe to grind that wants attention still has an avenue because some idiot like me is giving them a platform. I'm doing it right now.

What a mind bleep. I'm trying to say ignore the latest jackass and in doing so I'm actively drawing attention.

I want to say we could all ignore these atrocities, but that's rough, and we all want to denounce this sort of evil. We want to know we're different, that we care and get to reassure ourselves we're incapable of committing such vile actions.

Maybe we can all start with something simple.

Don't say the name.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Good vid, thanks for posting Domo!

I don't watch the MSM, but get my info and news from alternative sites like ATS and others, and let the critical thinking of others help me decide what's real or worthy news.

I have a roommate who's constantly glued to cable tv, and who watches MSM news (I hide in my studio painting when I'm home) but the roommate parrots what the tv tells him, and it's sad and scary.

Much of my family is liberal, and we even have family friends in the liberal media, who parrot this same sensational rhetoric. I see most media outlets as slanted, left or right doesn't matter much, it's about slanting money into their pockets.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

I don't think anyone was saying hide it. He was implying that 24/7 coverage that is basically glorifying the killer only causes more of these events to take place.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join