It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Shootings Elliot Rodger Conspiracy.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
OK, I've read the article in The Telegraph and there are a few things I have trouble understanding. I'll list them below.

He had saved more than $5,000 in pocket money sent to him by his parents and grandmothers, which he used to buy at least three semi-automatic handguns and more than 400 rounds of ammunition.
www.telegraph.co.uk... hamber.html
$5000.00 is pocket money? Why do all these shootings always have multiple guns and a ton of ammo? Why do the "shooters" always kill themselves? If they have all of this ammo why not kill some cops too? Shoot it out to the end and be shot to death by them.

Minutes before opening fire in central Isla Vista, Rodger emailed his manifesto to 30 people including his parents, therapists and former teachers. It is believed he may have already killed the three men in his house by then. One of the therapists immediately telephoned Rodger’s mother Chin Rodger. He said “Have you gotten Elliot’s email? I think you should see it.” The time was 9.17pm on Friday, about 13 minutes before the massacre began. She telephoned her husband Peter Rodger, assistant director of the Hunger Games films, from whom she is divorced. He was out to dinner but they both began racing from Los Angeles to Isla Vista in separate cars. Both heard details of the massacre on their car radios.
www.telegraph.co.uk... ing-chamber.html
So this guy is supposed to be a total introvert, yet he has the e-mail addresses of over 30 people? One of his therapists gets the e-mail and fails to notify the police? Instead he/she calls the mother and she also fails to call the police? She calls the father, who also fails to call the police? Unbelievable!

Police visited him at the Capri on April 30 after being alerted by his mother to the disturbing videos on YouTube. But officers had not watched the videos and did not search the apartment.
www.telegraph.co.uk... ing-chamber.html
Police visit the "shooter" after being alerted to disturbing videos, yet fail to do their normal snooping around in the apartment? They are told about the videos but have no interest in viewing them to decide if the "shooter is a ticking time bomb? How convenient...

I looked on Google Earth to get an idea of what the area looked like and believe the "shooters" BMW is in the street view. I also noticed that the ground floor corner apartment at The Capri Apartments has all kinds of security bars all over it. If this "shooter" comes from such a wealthy family, why is he renting in a high crime area?

*SNIP*
edit on 5/28/2014 by Zaphod58 because: Snipped personal information

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: cestrup

Ever lost a kid? I did I went on as normal for ages before it really struck home..It was a still birth but I still lost one.
I remember when my Mother found out that her son, my brother died..she had that much to do with getting him home, sorting it all out, the funeral etc...she never cried until after the funeral.
Grief isn't a same for everyone, once he has buried his kid and say alone it will hit him hard.
He has a right to be anti or pro gun, he may have been anti gun already and felt he needed to say it.
The thing is you keep on going on how brainwashed we all are but so are you, you automatically dismiss anything said against the gun.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: cestrup
a reply to: boymonkey74

Okay, well since you say it wasn't an act I'll just change my mind...

I disagree and I don't believe that man is being sincere. I don't see tears, I see an act. Yes, for right now until more comes out - I think the dad and what he said are bull#. As to meeting him, that's unncessary emotional appeal and more fallacy on your part to try and drive your point home. There's really no point to have added that to your post but that's been your MO lately, so carry on

You are perfectly allowed to have your opinion here. But since it's nothing but your feeling, it unfortunately doesn't have much weight in the discussion to find the truth behind these events.

I just want to remind you guys that threads like this will automatically becoming much more than just an analysis of the events. It always lead to a debate about gun control in such cases.

Now the subject is always sensitive as many take it very personally, so it's hard to keep it civilized and on track. But it isn't even the topic at hand here.

You can totally discuss the probability that this was staged and a conspiracy, but in that case you need to bring more to the table than your gut feelings and the fact that you think it's a ploy to come and take your guns. I mean you can say this, but you should use the conditional unless you know something that we don't.

Also I wonder how many here read the manifesto. It's one thing to distrust media, but in this case we are (un)lucky that the killer posted his story before the shootings, giving us access to invaluable information.

Any real truth-seeker should start looking at this story free from any preconceptions, and read the very thoughts of the man who perpetrated this. Only then can you honestly say you formed an informed opinion of the situation.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

He ought to have a personal agenda against his son's death, maybe against lone nutballs like Rodgers. I don't see how the NRA and Politicians have anything to do with this. I do see how the media is going to run with this though. I'm allowed to question motive now, thanks!

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
The agenda is to stop as much discussion by creating legal issues for sites like this by coming on here and throwing around claims of being fake and false this and that without comprehensive reason to say such other than few coincidences and/or inconsistencies that could be widely interpreted differently when taken in.

I guess I don't really think so but my paranoia makes me want to entertain the idea that there could be something organized like this somewhere up the chain. I've been wondering that since first reading the "September Clues" website.

However, regardless of origin what this kind of activity could be used for is in the effort to eliminate anonymity on the web. Just a very little bit of this kind of attack on grieving parents goes a long, long way in the court of public opinion.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

" he ought to? "

Why is it that you wont answer the question?

Is it possible that he has a personal agenda against guns? No one is telling you that you arent allowed to question it. True inquiry, though, requires analysis of all possibilities. It doesnt mean ignoring logic that doesnt fit into your narrative.

Eta: Please tell me that you see the hypocrisy in a statement such as: "im allowed to react and question however I want because he didnt react exactly as I expected." Please.
edit on 28-5-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Mikeultra

www.telegraph.co.uk... hamber.html

Here is what I found.
Note also he wasn't even diagnosed with Asperger’s so why are they throwing that around?.

Because that is the latest and greatest thing that is being thrown into the "why?" phase post mass killing. It's no different than blaming television, videogames, or musicians but this particular flavor started with Lanza. As a mom of a kid with Asperger's and friends with a couple men who have Asperger's to boot, I'd say that the media is really ignorant of what Asperger's is and does and running with it. It's just the "flavor of the month" that just happens to be pretty darn cruel to somebody who does have Asperger's. They are actually deeply empathetic and that's what produces the flat affect through sheer overload. I'm autistic myself and, although I tend to be flat expression wise, I feel intensely and deeply when I see an injustice or horror take place in the world.

Iow, media ignorance and latching onto some easy answer to a complex issue. More on the autism/aspergers/empathy issue:

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel
but my paranoia makes me want to entertain the idea that

It's a sign of great maturity to be able to identify from which part of our subconscious our ideas come from. As most here I love conspiracies, but keeping a critical attitude like this is very honorable.

More power to you!

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Maybe the entire thing was a set up but the part you quoted was in respect to the speech since that's all I've really talked about.

Come on.

Once again, you wrote: "I'm with the others who think this is all another experiment with media and crisis actors." I don't see how I'm quoting you out of context here. "Crisis actors" plural refers to more than just the father.

At the very least you appear to jump to a conclusion with no more information than what the rest of us have in the same way that you accuse others of automatically believing media accounts.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

You just compared basically everyone that has thought something is amiss in this entire thread with a mass murderer.

No i have not, I think something is a miss here as well on many levels of the incident but haven't delved into it.

I gave my fear that some of the vague comments calling fake with no explanation could easily be as a troubled mind as that of this young man that did this.

Sorry my fears insult you,

I wouldn't have those fears if one could explain their thought process when making such accusations of being fake.

How is it, if you take the side of authority, that you can get away with INSULTING comments such as this?

If I take the side of authority?

Why would I? Its insulting because you interpret it that way, I posted my concerns not any insults.

I almost had to read this twice to make sure I read what I thought I read. I'm sorry, but this is by far the worst post in this entire thread.

Keep reading it until it sinks in,

I am sorry too.

Go figure - you've been gung ho on anyone challenging narrative this entire time.

Yes on those vague "its fake" ideas without what the hell it means.

Asking ridiculous questions that none of us know to attack our credibility and now this - comparing us (yes, I'm included) to someone who kills innocents with hammers, knives and guns. Shame on you

No shame on those that cant explain why they would say its fake and need to revert to its just my opinion.

These new tactics of painting yourself as "better" or "more civilized" because you side with authority is growing old and takes away from discussion"

I cant be shaking head any more than I already am in this thread.

Please show anywhere where I even indicate I side with anything concerning what authorities are saying with this event.

This is a conspiracy site and it's nice to hear alternative views - not be so dismissive as if this were a CNN blog. If you always side with authority - pardon me, but WTF are you doing here?

Please show anywhere where I even indicate I side with anything concerning what authorities are saying with this event.

WTF are you reading to conclude I side with authority.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Honestly, anyone who has a press conference after the death of their child has issues anyway, so maybe you're onto something. I'm open to being wrong and all I've stated is that his press conference seems like fakery. I don't have enough information to know anything else and I have to look into what the media gives us, which we both know, usually will end up contradicing itself.

I just get irked by people on here that would rather attack the notion of a conspiracy and start the belitting of posters that are doing nothing more than offering their opinion. I think it's rather cowardly to hop on the side of authority and condemn others when you have the world behind you (and about 20+ posters) piling on. For that, I apologize for drifting off the topic. I just do not like that every freaking forum has their rat pack of authority defenders. Like that's needed anyways because of how taboo it is to have conspiratol thoughts.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFarts

but my paranoia makes me want to entertain the idea that

It's a sign of great maturity to be able to identify from which part of our subconscious our ideas come from. As most here I love conspiracies, but keeping a critical attitude like this is very honorable.

More power to you!

Thanks! I guess it's off topic but I had an experience similar to what you described regarding my mental health and my obsessions with conspiracy theories.
edit on 28-5-2014 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I just do not like that every freaking forum has their rat pack of authority defenders.

I don't think anyone here sided with authority nor belittled others. If anything I said I was crazy I don't see how that makes me a better person?

And regarding the "siding with authority" bit, it's not because we challenge your opinion or those who, almost by reflex, claim ill-intent, that we are defending anyone else?

Let's not get carried away here, it's a sensible topics because it concerns guns.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

The agenda is to stop as much discussion by creating legal issues for sites like this by coming on here and throwing around claims of being fake and false this and that without comprehensive reason to say such other than few coincidences and/or inconsistencies that could be widely interpreted differently when taken in.

I guess I don't really think so but my paranoia makes me want to entertain the idea that there could be something organized like this somewhere up the chain. I've been wondering that since first reading the "September Clues" website.

However, regardless of origin what this kind of activity could be used for is in the effort to eliminate anonymity on the web. Just a very little bit of this kind of attack on grieving parents goes a long, long way in the court of public opinion.

One could argue that initially a group was set up to do such,

Spread enough paranoia and the ones that are infected the most become the new group that have no ties to any think tank or Gov. agency.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
Id like to request, one more time, in a civil and direct manner, that someone list any and all evidence that they have that this event is fake and/or a conspiracy.

Thanks.

I think the majority of people including myself who are shouting conspiracy on this are going from past incidents which have turned out to be baloney such as 9/11, Boston Marathon, Batman Shootings and Sandy Hook. They all seem to be the same in the way they are portrayed in the media. There are lots of shootings murders and stabbings and even serial killers that hardly get a mention in the newspaper, so when a big story like this errupt and they are shoving videos, victims fathers on podiums and manifesto's down our throat like hours after it happened, it just smells fishy to me.

The whole thing just doesn't feel right, such as the video of Elliot, I seen it even before it was confirmed it was him, from the Mirror newspaper claiming it may be him. From the start this has not been treat like a proper murder inquiry and the public has been force fed too much sh*t over it.
edit on 28-5-2014 by DEV1L79 because: ,

edit on 28-5-2014 by DEV1L79 because: .,

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DEV1L79

This has no where near the glaring inconsistencies that the events you listed did.
If they do then I am with cptn and they need to be shown.
Don't come back with actors or gut feeling.
Give me a list

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DEV1L79

I think the majority of people including myself who are shouting conspiracy on this are going from past incidents which have turned out to be baloney such as 9/11, Boston Marathon, Batman Shootings and Sandy Hook.
That isnt evidence of a conspiracy here, and I have not seen one single thing that indicates taht the Boston Marathon, Batman shootings, or Sandy Hook were 'baloney'.

Those topics were the same as this one: a bunch of people shouting conspiracy without being able to provide more than a few small coincidences/inconsistencies as their evidence. Sandy Hook is a prime example. There are a LOT of questions surrounding that. Questions, however, are not proof of a conspiracy.

Using other events that have had baseless claims of conspiracy made against them does not exactly make a strong case for a conspiracy here.

They all seem to be the same in the way they are portrayed in the media.
The media loves to run with these things. It gets them ratings.

There are lots of shootings murders and stabbings and even serial killers that hardly get a mention in the newspaper, so when a big story like this errupt and they are shoving videos, victims fathers on podiums and manifesto's down our throat like hours after it happened, it just smells fishy to me.
And thats fine, it can smell fishy to you. I take objection, though, to claims of outright conspiracy and/or fakery without any evidence being presented. I mean, honestly, inquiry requires analysis of ALL logical possibilities. Not just of the ones that fit a specific narrative.

The whole thing just doesn't feel right, such as the video of Elliot, I seen it even before it was confirmed it was him, from the Mirror newspaper claiming it may be him. From the start this has not been treat like a proper murder inquiry and the public has been force fed too much sh*t over it.
Again, thats fine. You just cant expect logical thinkers to jump on board with you unless you can provide more than a gut feeling.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice
Just like every single "group of people" out there... While a lot of people who have down syndrome are mostly gentle people, like every other group out there, there are violent ones as well. Same as any other group, aspergers are not exempt from that.

Once people identify themselves as part of a group, they get angry and defensive when they get looked at more closely for the ill actions of other members of said group. Christians don't like it when they get a finger pointed at them for the actions of the westboro and the KKK. Muslims don't like it when they get a finger pointed at them for the actions of some suicide bombers. Etc etc.

That is the real problem I see when progressives start spouting that "mentally ill" people should not be afforded the same right of self protection as everyone else. Depending on what definition of "mentally ill" is used, I could be turned into a criminal for having guns. An uncle that has PTSD from Vietnam could be turned into a criminal. I am not giving mine up, not a single one. Neither is my uncle.

edit on Wed, 28 May 2014 14:42:22 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots
Then I am afraid this forum isn't for you, you obviously haven't done any research on the Batman or Sandy Hook shootings because if you had you would see straight away that they are total hokum. I don't want to go into them as they would veer us off topic, but there are millions of people out there that do believe without doubt that those other incidents were faked or carried out by agents with an agenda (I'm not saying government)

I am not saying everything that happens is a conspiracy and lots of bad things do happen in the world from crazed idiots with guns to terrorist attacks, but after a while you start to be able to decipher the real from the fake. The link below is a list of mass shootings that have occurred in the USA just in 2014 alone, and I had not even heard of one of them. So why am I hearing about this one so much?
Mass shootings in 2014

More Mass Shootings

edit on 28-5-2014 by DEV1L79 because: .

edit on 28-5-2014 by DEV1L79 because: 9

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Spread enough paranoia and the ones that are infected the most become the new group that have no ties to any think tank or Gov. agency.

You have an attempt on this thread and elsewhere to make a black and white distinction between those who accept "the official narrative" and those who don't.

The result of this point of view is that anyone who questions any "official narrative" winds up dumped into the same camp as those going on about holograms and crisis actors.

I'm not saying there is an organized effort to do this but as far as conspiracy theories go this makes far, far more sense than allegations that many thousands if not tens of thousands of people are involved in faking mass shootings and bombings without the story ever leaking out.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join