It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Isn't it interesting how the opposition is out in full force?
And, as usual, they have absolutely nothing to say. Nothing to contribute. Nothing but tears and accusations.
originally posted by: tinker9917
Very good looking young man, I can't imagine why he didn't have a girlfriend, unless he was so "off" personality-wise that people really sensed it.
originally posted by: Darkmind
Holy. Crap. I leave the site for a few years and when I come back the crazy people have taken over. You guys seriously think that tragedies like this one and Sandy Hook were staged? As a part of some (non-existent) conspiracy by which Obama's gonna swoop in (probably in black helos) and steal all yer guns because, communism?
What the hell has this site sunk to?
originally posted by: cestrup
a reply to: Darkmind
What happened to you? You come back after a few years with one of the worst strawman fallacies to marginalize everyone who doesn't agree with you in one, swooping post? This site, I agree, has become worse but it's because of posts like yours.
originally posted by: SpaceGoatFarts
originally posted by: InhaleExhale
Please do not take this above as saying anyone here is delusional, its just a fear I get when I read some comments, I put myself in as many different shoes as I can when reading such comments and see where it could lead if one allows their mind to be influenced by such paranoia no matter if there is truth to it or not.
I on the other hand, am not afraid to say openly that many people in the conspiracy crowd suffer from mild paranoia, schizophrenia, or other various and diverse ailments. Many become so detached from reality after years of browsing such forums and other "alternative news site" that the boundary between reality and wishful fantasy becomes as thin as the critical sense of a deluded mind.
I'm not afraid to said so because, I, myself, suffered from a psychotic break and schizophrenia from spending too much time on these sites. And during all this time I met many others who shared similar stories with me.
It took a long time for me to recover and to regain the ability to distinguish between what objectively happens and what I WISHED to have happened to entertain me because I was bored and looking for the thrill of a conspiracy.
With that experience I can now much more easily see these wishful thoughts for what they are, deconstruct them, and even see their traces in the contributions of others.
Far from me the idea to generalize and say that all ATS is somehow crazy and deluded, but it would be naive to think a significant percentage of the crowd here isn't.
Yes, this all pattern of "shooting spree" --> "people calling for gun control" --> "other people claiming gun control conspiracy" is so commonplace in the US I wonder why you guys are still having the same discussions once again.
Yes this tragedy is real. No the people are not faking anything. No there are not "inconsistencies" in this tragedy, only in the way the media report it and it's perfectly normal since media aren't a monolithic entity. Yes some people will call for gun control and they will have good reasons to do so. Yes pro-gun will be hurt by this and will start to question the whole story because they feel threatened in their rights.
There is nothing new under the sun, just a new iteration, with the same ridiculous claims of false flag, because the touchy subject of gun-control is raised once again.
But if you can't discuss this topic in such cases, when can you? Pro-guns people have to understand that it's only normal that those who are not big fans of guns start to question the rules in place when such shootings happen, in a country where it has become so common it is now seen as a fatality.
Excepted that it's not a fatality and to avoid it in the future it requires a serene atmosphere to discuss it, which most of you are incapable of because you take the subject too personally, and thus the claims of conspiracy and other ridiculous assumptions simply to avoid getting to the heart of the matter.
How will the American society deal with what has now become an infamous particularity of it's culture?
If pro-guns don't want more gun control laws, they have to provide with alternatives, and so far they don't.
originally posted by: cestrup
This is a conspiracy site and it's nice to hear alternative views - not be so dismissive as if this were a CNN blog. If you always side with authority - pardon me, but WTF are you doing here?
1. The Youtube channel and videos he is always the same age and acts like they were just all made back to back.
2. The Facebook Page seems fake, again always the same age (apart from 1 photos when he is younger) It looks like it has just been made and multiple snaps taken (they can doctor the dates on FB).
3. The photo on Facebook with Elliot sitting on a seat with his dad is definitely doctored, just look at the shading and colours on Elliot and his face compared to the other 2 in the picture.
4. Can a less than medium sized slim guy stab and kill 3 men all at the same time in the same apartment without being taken down?
Where were the other two when the first was being killed and probably screaming out, stabbing is a pretty intimate way to kill someone and can take a lot of time, some people who have been stabbed 20 or more times can still survive, the main cause of death through stabbing is bleeding out which can take time. Why not just shoot them?
5. The manifesto he supposedly wrote is screaming anti gun laws. If you read it you can see there is an anti gun thread running all the way through it.
6. Why are we seeing this manifesto? Why are we seeing his videos? why is his Facebook page not shut down? This a murder inquiry, but the public has access to Elliots Facebook, Youtube and videos, a manifesto that is police evidence, in any other murder inquiry all his social media would be closed and evidence would be tightly concealed until after the inquest. (they have closed them now that this question has been raised)
7. The grieving father of one of the victims the next day, coming and doing a press conference for gun control. The majority of the murders were done with knife attacks. it is highly suspicious how Elliot even legally had guns with his mental history and background in California which has the tightest gun control laws in the country. And another thing, there could be reasons for this, but with a name like "Martinez", isn't it odd that the victims father neither looks or sounds the least bit Hispanic?
8. Senator Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut said on Sunday that he wanted to bring back gun-control legislation that was proposed after Sandy Hook but which fell in the Senate.
9. Many eyewitnesses have said there were 2 people in the black BMW. This was the same with Sandy Hook and the Batman shootings were eyewitnesses said they saw multiple murders not just a lone gunman.
10. The connection between, Colorado Batman shootings, Sandy Hook and this one. Sandy Hook is mentioned in the Batman films with a line saying "See how we can bring it down". Elliot's father worked on the film The Hunger Games, the author of the hunger games lives in Sandy Hook. all just coincidence, all have the agenda for tighter gun control.