It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Shootings Elliot Rodger Conspiracy.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: cocointelpro
To call someone scum, to defend the idea that a crises isn't used for political purposes, is clearly ignorant - especially after such events like 9/11.

A) No one has called any member "scum" on this thread.

B) Of course crises can be used for political purposes. Who here has said otherwise? But that's not the premise of the OP who wrote that this is all just a "mass hoax."

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Not read through all this yet as there seems to be a lot of assumptions based on little evidence.

The most worrying thing to me is people associating aspergers with psychopathy. These are nothing alike, and psychopathy is controversial in itself. Aspergers is related to autism, and does not necessarily manifest in violent tendencies. I don't want to comment on rodger's condition, but I am very conscious that the comments made on here and the perceptions being forwarded by the msm may lead to further misconceptions about those with special needs or mental health problems. Hate crimes and prejudice directed towards those with disabilities are a problem that is often overlooked by the media. Please don't make assumptions about people with disabilities or mental health problems. Everyone is an individual, and I am really worried that this may lead to demonising this group, as well as relieving society, parents etc of any responsibility if all is blamed on a label.

On the point of this being a conspiracy to further gun control, this seems incongruous with posters stating that CA has strong gun control. Doesn't this fly in the face of pro gun control arguments if this tragedy hasn't been prevented?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

“It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep this guy from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what he really wanted.” At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past five years were referring to themselves and their situation as “helpless.”

www.theonion.com...

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MRM13

I agree I work with people with Aspergers and Autism and the media pasting he had aspergers doesn't help the guys whom have it and just gives the public a warped view of what it actually is.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I don't really understand why people think they can spot an "actor". The person we all are is an act, "the world's a stage". Sure some of our personalities are genuine and congruent with how we live...but the word "personality" is a derivative of the voice amplifying masks worn by Greeks on stage. Hence the root word "sona". We are all acting, he is probably as sincere as my hipster roommate, and all of her fake f#ck friends. I just want to be myself, and the way I speak and carry myself may seem natural, but it's a lot like watching a good actor on screen. No movements on screen are made accidentally. They just look natural, it's years of conscious critiquing. You can't know from what he's showing you, what's in his mind.
edit on 28-5-2014 by 5point7LS1eeper because: grammar

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5point7LS1eeper
I don't really understand why people think they can spot an "actor".

Conspiracy site, apophenia, confirmation bias, paranoia, etc...

Story of ATS
edit on 28-5-2014 by SpaceGoatFarts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: 5point7LS1eeper

Maybe people are just discussing the possibility that people are acting. I'll be the first to say that I thought the father on the podium is acting. That was entirely disingenuous, fake, and as another poster pointed out - a high five as he walked off??? He seemed more upset at gun laws than his dead son. That's bull honkey. A good eye can spot agenda, heck, in this instance a Ray Charles could. I have a feeling this will be picked apart and the story will be stuff with inaccuracies and plot holes - just like Sandy Hook. But, some will defend this because it's such a touchy subject that even talking about a possible "conspiracy" (OMFG!!!!) will have them rushing to the front line to tell you how horrible of a person you are. This is just a discussion, people. All angles should always be considered and trusting the media, anymore, is for the fools.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

The simple answer? Yes, a medium sized guy can. The long answer is that he used a hammer first.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Can you provide a source for the info you provided that a hammer was used prior to stabbing the 3 males in the apartment? It's so early in the investigation and I haven't read anything other than that they were stabbed. Thanks...

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

www.telegraph.co.uk... hamber.html

Here is what I found.
Note also he wasn't even diagnosed with Asperger’s so why are they throwing that around?.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JudgeEden

I don't think anyone here has said the deaths were fake,

This is what I am trying ti understand about some comments that say the whole thing is a fake incident.

Explain in detail what you are saying is fake is what I am asking for.

If its the reactions and push for gun control that seem too coincidental, if its the Father giving the speech, is he fake as in an actor, did he even have child and yes those saying fake or false flags like in all the other shootings of recent times where its been suggested the dead were faked and other insane stuff spoken and discussed in an insane manner.

I am all for any sort of discussion about any event, however in a public forum one needs to know go about expressing themselves in finer detail when it comes to mass shootings especially when children are involved.

If you are going to use terms like 'fake', 'actors', 'false flag' with such an incident maybe choose your words more carefully so they are not taken so out of context, explain yourself over and over in a few different ways so your point gets across.

I have seen some comments so vague in this thread about it being fake that I picture the mind of the person posting such a comment is awfully close to that of this young boy that lost it and has done the unimaginable in many peoples eyes.

I am not discounting anything. Not after that circus we call Sandy Hook.

Either am I.

Yes circus, But that circus was filled not just with mainstream inconsistencies but was also with too many alternative ideas that were brought forth in a fashion that put conspiracy theorist and researchers in a tough position.

If my friend died, and others thought it was fake; sure, I guess it would bother me to some degree. However, that is the price you pay for coming to a conspiracy topic.

Now what if those comments lead to another young mind reading them and other similar comments of incidents like this being fake without really explaining what they mean.

The young impressionable mind might take in the comments with the thousands of others and add that to the inconsistencies that are pointed out to them of how the media keep changing their tone and slowly that young mind begins to withdraw.

They become so distant that their reality and the shared reality we all share conflict and action is taken many times like many have speculated, they go in auto drive, they become possessed, the were MK ultra'd , brainwashed ,a Manchurian candidate.

It could be the case, and discussion of such should always happen.

However, Its not discussion or looking for answers or even asking questions to try find answers when posters give a vague opinion of such a complex incident as being fake.

That screams of either a delusional mind that cannot trace how they concluded such in a rational manner or worse a person with a very dark agenda.

Please do not take this above as saying anyone here is delusional, its just a fear I get when I read some comments, I put myself in as many different shoes as I can when reading such comments and see where it could lead if one allows their mind to be influenced by such paranoia no matter if there is truth to it or not.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I have seen some comments so vague in this thread about it being fake that I picture the mind of the person posting such a comment is awfully close to that of this young boy that lost it and has done the unimaginable in many peoples eyes.

This is ridiculous. You just compared basically everyone that has thought something is amiss in this entire thread with a mass murderer. If that's so, then you're delusional and there's no escaping it. How is it, if you take the side of authority, that you can get away with INSULTING comments such as this? I almost had to read this twice to make sure I read what I thought I read. I'm sorry, but this is by far the worst post in this entire thread. Go figure - you've been gung ho on anyone challenging narrative this entire time. Asking ridiculous questions that none of us know to attack our credibility and now this - comparing us (yes, I'm included) to someone who kills innocents with hammers, knives and guns. Shame on you

ETA - At some point it would be nice to just have a discussion. These new tactics of painting yourself as "better" or "more civilized" because you side with authority is growing old and takes away from discussion. This is a conspiracy site and it's nice to hear alternative views - not be so dismissive as if this were a CNN blog. If you always side with authority - pardon me, but WTF are you doing here?

edit on 28-5-2014 by cestrup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
Please do not take this above as saying anyone here is delusional, its just a fear I get when I read some comments, I put myself in as many different shoes as I can when reading such comments and see where it could lead if one allows their mind to be influenced by such paranoia no matter if there is truth to it or not.

I on the other hand, am not afraid to say openly that many people in the conspiracy crowd suffer from mild paranoia, schizophrenia, or other various and diverse ailments. Many become so detached from reality after years of browsing such forums and other "alternative news site" that the boundary between reality and wishful fantasy becomes as thin as the critical sense of a deluded mind.

I'm not afraid to said so because, I, myself, suffered from a psychotic break and schizophrenia from spending too much time on these sites. And during all this time I met many others who shared similar stories with me.

It took a long time for me to recover and to regain the ability to distinguish between what objectively happens and what I WISHED to have happened to entertain me because I was bored and looking for the thrill of a conspiracy.

With that experience I can now much more easily see these wishful thoughts for what they are, deconstruct them, and even see their traces in the contributions of others.

Far from me the idea to generalize and say that all ATS is somehow crazy and deluded, but it would be naive to think a significant percentage of the crowd here isn't.

Yes, this all pattern of "shooting spree" --> "people calling for gun control" --> "other people claiming gun control conspiracy" is so commonplace in the US I wonder why you guys are still having the same discussions once again.

Yes this tragedy is real. No the people are not faking anything. No there are not "inconsistencies" in this tragedy, only in the way the media report it and it's perfectly normal since media aren't a monolithic entity. Yes some people will call for gun control and they will have good reasons to do so. Yes pro-gun will be hurt by this and will start to question the whole story because they feel threatened in their rights.

There is nothing new under the sun, just a new iteration, with the same ridiculous claims of false flag, because the touchy subject of gun-control is raised once again.

But if you can't discuss this topic in such cases, when can you? Pro-guns people have to understand that it's only normal that those who are not big fans of guns start to question the rules in place when such shootings happen, in a country where it has become so common it is now seen as a fatality.

Excepted that it's not a fatality and to avoid it in the future it requires a serene atmosphere to discuss it, which most of you are incapable of because you take the subject too personally, and thus the claims of conspiracy and other ridiculous assumptions simply to avoid getting to the heart of the matter.

How will the American society deal with what has now become an infamous particularity of it's culture?

If pro-guns don't want more gun control laws, they have to provide with alternatives, and so far they don't.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
What are the chances this could happen at a school where Janet Napolitano (I know she's President of all UC schools) was President.............

link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFarts

Best post on the thread.

link   
Well the agenda seems to be working.

Crowd chants 'Not One More' (meaning guns) at Memorial service led by Matines, the Victims father, Click link for story.

Video of Martinez Isla Vista victims father's new memorial speech here 27.05.14.

edit on 28-5-2014 by DEV1L79 because: added video

edit on 28-5-2014 by DEV1L79 because: /////

edit on 28-5-2014 by DEV1L79 because: 0

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DEV1L79
Well the agenda seems to be working.

Crowd chants No More Guns at Memorial service led by Matines, the Victims father, Click link for story.

Video of Martinez A Isla Vista Victims father new memorial speech here 27.05.14.

Actually the crowd is chanting "not one more [victim]", not "no more guns".

It's ironic that you claim "agenda" then distort the truth to fit your views.

Edit: Oh I see you edited your post, but it's still twisted. Nice try

"Not one more!" Richard Martinez said from the podium to a standing ovation and chants repeating the mantra. "Too many people have died, and there should be not one more. How many more people are going to have to die in this situation before the problem gets solved?"

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
Thanks for the reply, but your link didn't work. Maybe it did previously but it has since been scrubbed? Perhaps because it was fabricated by the tabloid? Here's what I got from the link.

I would think if a hammer was used prior to the stabbings, it would still cause a commotion and the other 2 victims should have come to help defend the 1st victim. They couldn't have been asleep as it was too early. The whole incident is reported as starting at approximately 9:30 pm local time. How many 20 year olds are asleep in their beds at that hour? I would say none are.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinker9917
Very good looking young man, I can't imagine why he didn't have a girlfriend, unless he was so "off" personality-wise that people really sensed it.

Bingo. Listen to his voice, watch his expressions and what you'll see is what a sociopath looks like. He spoke in a total monotone. Every portrayal of emotion had a forced quality to it. He's very narcissistic. You can hear that in his videos and read it in his "manifesto" aka biography. It's palpable. What is also palpable is that he was so desiring of attention that he made sure that he left a large amount of stuff for people to find after his death. He wanted everybody to know that he was the "true Alpha male" in this world filled with animals as he saw it.

This actually fits Rodgers perfectly, particularly the narcissistic subtype:

Antisocial personality disorder

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeultra
a reply to: boymonkey74
Thanks for the reply, but your link didn't work. Maybe it did previously but it has since been scrubbed? Perhaps because it was fabricated by the tabloid?

No there's a perfect explanation for this. ATS botched the link because it was too long. You can see the end of the address.

Here is the link

In a 141-page manifesto Rodger had described how he intended to use the hammer to knock out his room-mates and then slit their throats a day before launching his gun massacre

Since the manifesto is available, anyone can even double check the info above.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFarts

Cheers dude.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join