It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Sick of the Memorial day freedom crap

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
a reply to: Nyiah

That's not true. Who says anything if you don't celebrate either of those days?

The militant patriots who've been getting louder since 9-11. I live not too far from MacDill AFB, believe me, it gets ugly when someone (those aforementioned patriots) finds out another isn't a celebrant. "You live a stone's throw from a base of heroes, show them respect and honor them, you ungrateful *bleep*!" You're not going to force anyone to celebrate something they have no desire to celebrate, and getting in their face about it won't help, either.
edit on 5/26/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I don't like the entire celebration of war mentality in the US either. Memorial day should be a day where the media and various events draw real attention to the mistaken war decisions, false flags and the number of men and women who died because of some hidden agenda and false pretense. Einstein said that war will not stop until young men refuse to die in battle for old rich man who want more. Helping more and more of the planet to choose NOT TO FIGHT for these fabricated causes would be a worthy cause for a holiday remembering so many who died for psychopathic leaders.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

I don't think the op was saying that soldiers took our freedoms.But I do have a question on something that the people that like to thumb their chests and wave their flags say all the time.

Everytime someone says something about how things are going in this country,you have someone jump up and say "if you don't like it, leave it". If everyone that didn't like the way their country was going left,how do you supposed the country can ever change for the better? You can't fix a wrong until you first admit its wrong.Then you have to break it down to see just what caused it to be in place to begin with.

The point is,I think the op is right in that our poor soldiers aren't fighting for our freedom anymore at all,and haven't been since WW2. All they are doing is their jobs,but its at the whims of TPTB for profit. I can not seeing sacrificing our brave men and women so some fat cat that won't get HIS precious hands dirty makes a profit on their blood.That is not acceptable to me.In order to honor those that give up their lives,our wars should ONLY be ones of honorable intentions.LOL like that will ever happen again.

These wars we are getting in have nothing at all to do with our freedom nor anyone elses.These are all wars of profit.They aren't for even spreading democracy,because our government has removed democratic governments and put in tyrants.My family too has had people in these wars and no one should have to die for some government to keep their war machine financed.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
The point is,I think the op is right in that our poor soldiers aren't fighting for our freedom anymore at all,and haven't been since WW2.

Excellent points.

I would add just one more thing to what you said...

I firmly believe that the families behind all of these wars are traceable all the way back to the Babylonian era.

Many believe that they can be traced clear back to the garden.

The Illuminati hierarchy is a VERY covert satanic cult which completely dominates the military & industrial complex.

They have been at this for a very long time and have become extremely proficient at covering up their tracks.

"The illuminati started long before 1776, It has it's roots in the mystery religions which the knights templar perpetuated. In Nimrod's time, Semiramus brought back the mystery religions which were from before the time of Noah. The Illuminati was just a different name by which these same entities exsisted. They can change their name a thousand times, but the same entities run it."

Illuminati Roots

" Most students of this topic hear right up front that The Illuminati was formed in 1776 by Adam Weishaupt. WRONG . This sets me apart from the herd in a big way.

I believe that the Illuminati existed BEFORE Adam Weishaupt launched his particular BRANCH of it. It was HUGE, way before Weishaupt. All that Adam Weishaupt did in 1776 was to form an additional BRANCH of the movement that called for political radicalism. But his was only a small splinter off the main body. So, the MAIN and LARGER and ALREADY EXISTING Illuminati would be found doing just FINE if Weishaupt’s branch ever fizzled.

Furthermore, NOT ONLY did the bigger and older movement continue to thrive independent of Weishaupt’s branch, but, even Weishaupt’s branch of the Illuminati survived and regrouped and revived, and grew, and has continued until today. But the older pre-1776 movement always was and still is the LARGER and more influential.

What is the Illuminati?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: FirePiston

A brave thread. I used to think Memorial Day was about remembering all whom have passed on. My family put wreaths and flowers for those gone in the cemetery as I grew up. It stuck with me. I never knew one of my brothers or my grandmother. Sure my dad would do honor guard as well, but it wasnt JUST about WAR. We already have Veterans Day. They tried to turn 9/11 into Patriot Day...just what the hell makes a mass death event Patriotic? Do we need to turn another somber day into a thinly veiled attempt at promoting war? This country has only had 21 years without armed conflict of some kind...

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Nia reply to: gladtobehere

Is that the same Smedley that tried to get a coup togther to overthrow Roosevelt?
What's funny is the military establishment ((financiers included) accomplished just that with only a half dozen shots or so...

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

A well thought out and written reply.
I think the US did the right thing going on the offensive, but Hiroshima and Nagasaki were up there with what the Nazis did. Generations have suffered and will continue to do so. They could have sent the footage of the tests. Then, the CIA formed from spooks from the War with mob connections and...I am so going off topic...

Remember those you lost whom you Love on this day...

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: irgust
Enjoy it while it last. When I got out of the Marines in 73 they called us baby killers and threw garbage on us. We were told if we did anything they would arrest us. We have a lot more freedom than most. At least you served most don't and others put us down for the things we do for the country. Semper Fi.

I'm gonna guess they did that because they were aware of the babies your fellow brothers in arms killed?

I respect the profession of the soldier, but soldiers who kill innocents in the countries they hit? Screw them, and i hope they get filled babies diapers hurled into their faces.

Vietnam was a sham. It is even admitted by the damn government itself. America heads over their, and massacres entire villages. Screw that. I wouldn't throw garbage on you, but i would ask you if it is the best thing to stand shoulder to shoulder with those who took part in senseless killing.

US, Zionist run world federal banks, and Bush family funded both sides of world war 2; and is the nazi party was even a threat. World war 1 was falsely by these same banksters; A German torpedo did not sink that ship, the onbaord explosives set of at the right time did. Panama had over fifty thousand civilians killed so they can drill a giant friggin hole through the country. Grenada had the U.S. knocking off leaders who want to run their own country. Same in Africa. I can go on...

Please, tell me what damn war was this country fighting for freedom in, besides the American revolution? What? Why honor dupes and idiots, despite there best intentions, worked with psychos who killed and maimed? You do not kill and maim someone who has nothing to do with the conflict because you are fighting for your country, you do it because you want to kill and maim.

I believe in the soldier, but not these soldiers. Not any invader's. They believed they fought for their country? They need to snap out of it like many vets have, and realized they fought for nothing but territory acquisition and profit, not freedom for me to do whatever.

I have respect for the villagers and scrappy militia who had the balls to grab their worn out AK'S and blast from the roof's at these invaders. I respect that.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
Regardless of why wars are really fought, many of the men and women who've died fighting them, did so because they believed that they were fighting for the common good, not for corporate interests, or population culling.

The fact that they had these virtues in their minds and hearts when they took up arms and put their lives on the line, is the reason I celebrate them, and their sacrifices.

To the OP, try to look past the oligarchs and special interests; instead, look at the reasons that those who have died believed that they were dying for. That is the real reason to celebrate.

I find that hard to keep in mind when this is a holiday made by the government itself. So that means in a very backhanded, covert way, they have you celebrating the interest of this government, even though you get all emotional over the strong soldiers and whatnot.

Besides, most people think that they fight for freedom, so the government fights for freedom.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

originally posted by: Dimithae
The point is,I think the op is right in that our poor soldiers aren't fighting for our freedom anymore at all,and haven't been since WW2.

Excellent points.

I would add just one more thing to what you said...

I firmly believe that the families behind all of these wars are traceable all the way back to the Babylonian era.

Many believe that they can be traced clear back to the garden.

The Illuminati hierarchy is a VERY covert satanic cult which completely dominates the military & industrial complex.

They have been at this for a very long time and have become extremely proficient at covering up their tracks.

"The illuminati started long before 1776, It has it's roots in the mystery religions which the knights templar perpetuated. In Nimrod's time, Semiramus brought back the mystery religions which were from before the time of Noah. The Illuminati was just a different name by which these same entities exsisted. They can change their name a thousand times, but the same entities run it."

Illuminati Roots

" Most students of this topic hear right up front that The Illuminati was formed in 1776 by Adam Weishaupt. WRONG . This sets me apart from the herd in a big way.

I believe that the Illuminati existed BEFORE Adam Weishaupt launched his particular BRANCH of it. It was HUGE, way before Weishaupt. All that Adam Weishaupt did in 1776 was to form an additional BRANCH of the movement that called for political radicalism. But his was only a small splinter off the main body. So, the MAIN and LARGER and ALREADY EXISTING Illuminati would be found doing just FINE if Weishaupt’s branch ever fizzled.

Furthermore, NOT ONLY did the bigger and older movement continue to thrive independent of Weishaupt’s branch, but, even Weishaupt’s branch of the Illuminati survived and regrouped and revived, and grew, and has continued until today. But the older pre-1776 movement always was and still is the LARGER and more influential.

What is the Illuminati?

THIS^^^

People who believe that the government is only out for profit, an that the wars are illegal, start to shake their heads at the idea of anything spiritual having to do with it, and that satanists that run this world are controlling everything we see and do.

These Zionists shadow government members are descendants of the same ones egged on the torture and crucifixion of Yehoshua. They continue to breed, and rule in secret. The U.S. was not created independent of them, and that is why i say America was never intended to be a free country, but present itself as one.

These soldiers of past and present were dupes. That's it.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
MEMORIAL DAY

"Beneath this stone rests a soldier of Washington's army who died to give you liberty."

Back many years ago, yes... Today no.
Fp

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: FirePiston

originally posted by: FlyersFan
MEMORIAL DAY

"Beneath this stone rests a soldier of Washington's army who died to give you liberty."

Back many years ago, yes... Today no. We fought off an invading army.. Even then if you dig deep down, the "crown" and the whole income tax makes me wonder if even that fight was legitimate.
Fp

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954
Sorry dude.... but it is the politicians taking our freedoms!
Yes... I thank soldiers for our freedom...I have had a lot of family members that served in WW1,WW2, Korea, Veitnam and the gulf wars...Me I am a Fire firefighter...worked at 9/11...people tell me all the time...thanks for service and appreciate it!
If you can't thank a Vet maybe time for you to move to another country like France!

I have gotten the thanks also many times, and I wonder why, thank me for what? Sure it feels good to have people buy you drinks and thank you for your service, but what service? Thank you for doing something that has zero effect on our freedoms or well being?
Fp

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
No country becomes an empire unless they conquer.... You do not become powerful unless you conquer... You have to let everyone else know who is the boss... Countries become empires by CONQUERING and TAKING. Rome, etc.. Those who do not see history are doomed to repeat it. We are not hated by most countries because of so called freedom, we are hated because we buttr&pe any and all others for our gain and superiority.

We have a base in how many countries world wide? Can you imagine what the American people would say or act if Japan or China or any country said they were going to put a base here wether we like it or not? Our government has conquered many countries and they have done it the smart way most of the time. The Pen (laws and legislation, foreign policy) is truly mightier than the sword. When the pen runs out of ink, we invade and conquer. Then afterwards we cheer about it. How sick.

Fp
edit on 26-5-2014 by FirePiston because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Your freedom has not been threatened by any invading force only by your own goverment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join