It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien grave found on Mars?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Ok, Sorry but I just had to post this...it's getting crazier and crazier all the time.

theviralpost.com...

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
They were even kind enough to mark it with a cross. Religion is everywhere.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

That's from here:
Nasa.Gov

Even on 500% zoom on Google like the above, it looks like a solid cross..

Nice find whoever catched this.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
hmmm... I would need to see the same thing from multiple angles, and up close, as it could just be shadows

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rockn82

X marks the spot!! Maybe it's buried treasure?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Amazing how little attention the public US space program gets. Very few pay any attention at all.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Wow! We've discovered the first signs of interstellar Christianity! Looks like Jesus was a universal traveller.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

I wonder how they came to the conclusion it's an aliens grave?

Interesting nonetheless. Thanks for posting, I love Mars.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Very cool...although I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell you it's a cosmic ray strike.......

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This could be a surveys stake.. A building's foundations were about to be dug before the end of life on mars lol.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak
Wow! We've discovered the first signs of interstellar Christianity! Looks like Jesus was a universal traveller.

I think each interstellar planet maybe has their own form of the bible story. That's an itty bitty cross, just about the right size for an itty bitty Mars Jesus. This may not be a grave at all...it may be the Mars version of Golgotha.

Des

edit on 26-5-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
what wood on mars

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Oh now we finally know where they buried The Ark of Covenant...

LMAO!!!
edit on 26-5-2014 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName
hmmm... I would need to see the same thing from multiple angles, and up close, as it could just be shadows

ah yes..., the shadow of the CROSS infront of it...
please re-think this.
I don't know what this is but it's not a shadow that's for sure.
Alltho I'm pretty sure mr Phage will agree with you.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
LOL

Oh come on now.... That could just as well be a parking space for an SUV

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

X marks the spot!! Maybe it's buried treasure?

Lets start a reality show and call it Pareidolia Island. Where we hire the resident aliens to dig and find the buried treasure. We could also try a talk show with Giorgio Tsoukalos and ask them why everything they ever made looks like rocks. Then we could ask them why they are stealing Earth's religious ideals and planting crosses on their graves. Ever so coincidentally looking like rocks.

As for this thread, I have a very open mind on any and all things, but c'mon gals/guys; really? Just for 1 minute think of a story that would corroborate this being a cross. Make it as outlandish as you like and then realize how outlandish any story would be.

I'll start just for posterity. A small group of aliens were crossing the arid plane and suddenly broke an axle. This set them back a few days. After getting the axle fixed they started to run low on water. Before the trip was over they lost one of their members to dysentery. They decided the best way to honor their fallen member was with Earth customs of burial and placed a marker at the grave. Also, because they were god fearing aliens they used a cross to mark the grave.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Then we could ask them why they are stealing Earth's religious ideals and planting crosses on their graves. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Except that a cross is inherently just a cross...why does it have to have religious connotations? The handle on my kitchen tap is a cross, the uni-joint on the drive-shaft of my car is a cross, my TV antenna is a cross.....your argument that because it's extremely unlikely Christianity ever made it to mars, therefore it must be a rock, is a little narrow minded. ( no offense intended)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Man... Finally I get to re-use this picture I made for another thread years ago!

Also... It's not a cross. If it is a cross. 1, who made. 2, from where did the wood come from. 3, It's not a cross.

I'd say it's merely a trick of the eye of the shadows of different rocks, in which the illusion would break down on a change of viewers angle.
edit on 26-5-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Does anyone else see rocks? Pretty good looking rocks to say the least.
I could use those in my backyard or maybe they could stay on Mars.

Also the moon landing is fake but we have a rover on Mars?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName

This is exactly what I was thinking. What we see here could look completely different from another angle. We are essentially seeing a 2 dimensional image, and when looking at a 3d image in 2d, things can sometimes appear different than they actually are. A video like the moving Martian rock is better imo, simply because there was something there, and then it wasn't there. This could just be a strange rock.

What appears anomalous might be easily explainable if we could see the entire thing from all sides. Sort of like the face on mars, which from different angles appears totally different. Obviously a grave marker is a huge leap for obvious reasons. I will not discount the possibility that it is something anomalous, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join