It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO seen during Telescope obsevation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I've seen this object about 4 times now, usually at 50x magnification. A small body moving at aprox 50" per second with full body illumination, and odd orbits too. At times moving from East to West (counter-rotation) and North to South, not conforming to popular satelite trace. I typically observe from 10pm to 2am, given clear sky so for the object to have solar illumination it must be a fair distance away.
Anyway last night I was looking at NGC 6633 which is an open cluster resembling a stream of stars and I saw this object again! Moving at roughly the same rate going from North to South across the ocular. I was ready for it and tracked it using the declination micro-control, almost straight away the object made a 90 turn and disappeared from view. Now this apparent turn can be equated to stopping forward motion and receding with high velocity at an imperfect angle.
How about that?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinnamon

Have you the capability to record these observations?
Because you know the "pics or it did'nt happen" crowd will be here soon...

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The only thing I can say is you know what you saw even if members like me will come to rip you apart with a statement "pics or it didn't happen"

I know what I saw as a kid living on a farm...I didn't have a camera, but the image of the hovering craft about 20 km from me is still burned in my mind years later.

Advice is to know what you saw and enjoy the fact you observed a UFO

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
The only thing I can say is you know what you saw even if members like me will come to rip you apart with a statement "pics or it didn't happen"

I know what I saw as a kid living on a farm...I didn't have a camera, but the image of the hovering craft about 20 km from me is still burned in my mind years later.

I've had a couple of those experiences as a child and adult. Trust me I know what I saw and regret not being able to capture them on camera.

You can bet I don't step out a foot outside without one now. Those elusive sobs know I have one; I swear.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
And when the pics or video arrives, it will be dismissed like all the others anyway, a trend which overwhelms the topic to the point of no return with ufology.

Those who have seen and witnessed more than the average case of the UFO phenomena, we are on our own.

At least until the day the evidence that most dearly need, comes forth.
edit on 26-5-2014 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Can you detect a shape to it?
It would be a good idea for you get a camera attached somehow,as then you could blow up the image on a computer and maybe see more detail.

Sounds to me as though you may be looking at one or more bits of space junk/rogue satellite parts-there are many 1000s of bit floating about up there,especially since the Chinese decided to blow up one of their old sats a few years back.

You never know though,it may be something as yet unexplainable.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

That's not good enough for any scientist, professional or amateur.

My advice would be to see about adding some sort of recording capability OR taking very precise notes as to the objects heading and brightness each time it is observed.

This gives us useful data which can be sifted through to turn find answers.

Throwing up our hands and saying, 'its unidentified so it must be alien' does nothing to a) tell us what it truly was and b) get us any closer to finding real aliens.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
As I've said it isn't the first time I have seen this object so to see this reaction makes me fairly sure 'they' can see us too. I also had a dose of the horrors afterward but I'm still here. As for image recording, I don't have the equipment and I don't see the point. The nay-sayers would deride any footage even if I was having f#king lunch with an ET, so lets not argue with crazy people.
Regarding the object, white/blue colour magnitude 4, circular, size 2 seconds across no detail and have seen this when observing stars of Ursa Major, also heading on a polar direction. A few months ago I saw it at about +10 degrees heading East to West when observing constellation of Leo. Not many clear sky nights so I have seen it most times I have been out.
edit on 26-5-2014 by Cinnamon because: added detail

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Sounds to me like a gaggle of geese on their migratory path illuminated by a high moon

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Let's see. The pics or it didn't happen argument. I know that in the bigfoot field where I do my research, the claim is often made about there being no video evidence. It is just not true. The issue is that those same people who want visual proof are the first to dismiss any and all videos as being hoaxes. What they should say is that "I don't care what you tell me or show me, I am not going to believe you."

I still would like to see an image in your case, simply because it is difficult to visualize just what you are describing. Could you approximate an altitude? Obviously an abrupt turn would eliminate a satellite, and I must ask you whether it is possible that any non-linear move, at least non-linear in the sense that it arced away from its initial flightpath, could have been an illusion? Perhaps this is not the case, but again I cannot really visualize what occurred very well.

If you are certain that this was a physical object that changed direction, then as I said it could not be a satellite, which is probably the easiest explanation. So what is something that could change direction and either emit or reflect light? Was it emitting light or reflecting it, if you could tell? Most likely reflecting it I would think. A meteor would come to mind, but would only change direction if influenced by a gravitational field, or released material to act as a propellent, causing it to move in another direction.

Do either of those possibilities seem likely to you? The only thing that would seem likely to me would be a spacecraft. I am relatively certain that space-based craft are being developed by the military, craft capable of flight similar to the space shuttle, moving back and forth between earth and space, and capable of travelling both in and out of orbit once there. The space shuttle only performed in orbit though I believe.

A craft like this surely would be developed because it allows for various military-related activities in space, especially where satellites are concerned, and other space-based observation platforms. I believe that at least one or two such projects have been confirmed, or semi-confirmed, and one was a drone. About 7 years or so ago Aviation Week talked about a program called Blackstar, which was supposedly a leak of a classified project that the USAF denied knowledge of, but suggested it was operated by an intelligence agency...Which seems quite likely to me considering these agencies could benefit from the potential intelligence gathered, and would have full control of all flights.

The drone I was referring to was the X-37 that NASA started, which was transferred to the DoD in 04, and I don't know if anyone has heard anything about it since. Something like this could have been developed greatly since that time, and who knows what capabilities it might have now? Especially if there was existing technologies that the military possessed that were implemented into such a craft.

So perhaps, although it might be a long shot, you saw something like this. It would depend on the altitude and if it was in orbit and whatnot. But like I said there might be craft that surpass a craft that takes off vertically like a rocket and then lands like a traditional aircraft, or a craft that is launched from a larger aircraft, and then proceeds to orbit. They could have craft that take off like a traditional aircraft, and can fly around like a traditional aircraft but at much higher speeds, and then can proceed to space and back again like it is its job. It would make sense that some UFO reports that describe unconventional speeds and movement are related to secret government aircraft, and if this is what people are seeing I would be willing to bet that such craft can also go into space.

If you have the technology to dart around at high speeds, making no noise, which suggests an unconventional form of propulsion, then such an advanced craft can probably go into space. And if this is the case, people are bound to see them either from the ground, or as in your case, through a telescope, which gives the ability to see the craft while they're in space. I don't know what you saw, but if it did not behave like space junk or a satellite, then the options become limited, assuming there was not some phenomenon that caused conventional materials to behave in a more unconventional manner.
Since you've seen it multiple times, perhaps you can capture a photograph of it at some point, if you possess a camera that hooks up to your telescope. But I wouldn't sweat people not believing you. It doesn't make any difference. You know you saw something strange, but we will never know for sure what it was.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

My first UFO sighting in South California was through binoculars and I can't prove it. My arms shook and I had to move to a low fence to rest my arms but I couldn't find the object again. Classic shape, gently bobbing on invisible "waves". Until it happened I had been a UFO enthusiast for approx. 22 years (1958-1980) and while I didn't believe in 'em I always wondered what it was that people were claiming they were seeing. But I'm sure that most if not all sightings were without binoculars. That really brought it home to me. If only I would have had a binoccam but that was far in the future.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
You've seen it on four separate occasions? Four different times you've seen this object and you did absolutely nothing to attempt to capture an image of some sort?

You think the aliens found a donut shop they really like or what? Why do they keep coming back to the same spot? Maybe they just like you..

I love how you dismiss critical thinkers as "crazy people" while asking us all to believe this concocted story. It's gotta be nice to have a website full of people that not only won't challenge your story, but will do everything they can to support your delusions.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

What color was it? Red?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Yes, four different times and much the same object. Setting up image capture costs hundreds of dollars and for what? Think of the logistics, I will be 'out in the yard' for 2 - 3 hours, even if I put together the setup we are talking gigabytes of data. Not to mention this getting in the way of lens change and computer time needed for stellar object locating. If you are someone like me, who is skeptical that there couldn't be UFO's, then if I do see such an object I am not overawed. Besides, typical UFO encounter profile is that you see 'em, you don't see 'em for long and you've never got a camera handy. Oh, and no one else believes you! ...I am prepared.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
Let's see. The pics or it didn't happen argument. ....

The final word I have about various individuals ridiculous demand for HD coverage with nicam stereo is that you want censorship. If honest people took your misguided advice and said nothing unless they had all that it would be an empty forum. You know as well as I do that you don't see a UFO unless they want you to and Aliens don't say 'Cheeeese'.

edit on 29-5-2014 by Cinnamon because: syntax

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Can you prove it's the same object you see can you even prove it's outside the atmosphere?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Cant believe it, I saw it again last night!
I started observing at 12am with clear skies but mild haze. At 0105 hrs was observing M57 (18hr53 +33°) at 50x magnification when firstly I saw a bright white point pass the FOV about magnitude +2, I assumed this was a shooting star, about 30 seconds later the same object as earlier reported (white/green +4 mag) following same trajectory as the first brighter one. Heading from star Vega to star Altaire, this being apparent field of view. Both headed directly thru mid-ocular view and crossed within 1 second, couldn't track. First one could probably have been seen with unaided eye, not so the second.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Are you not familiar with some of the lower cost CCD astrophotography cameras and software out there? They aren't really that expensive, and besides will give you another fun way to continue your hobby. I've been doing amateur astronomy for about 10 years, but haven't seen anything like that yet, just the normal satellites, flocks of geese, and the odd fireball here and there.

Is there any particular times it seems like this object shows up? I'm in pretty dark skies here, I'll keep a lookout for anything strange going on around Ursa Major (the Big Dipper is part of Ursa Major, for those that don't know and want a visual area of where to watch).

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I've seen one of these. At first I thought it was a regular sat. I don't know any sat. that can do a perfect right angle turn on a time like that.

Yessir, by definition that is a UFO!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cinnamon
Cant believe it, I saw it again last night!

same "UFO", same scope, same observer, different parts of sky : could be an artefact of some kind. [ Remember the Martian canals ]
edit on 11-6-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join