It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Symbols Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I made a post and next to it is a symbol that looks like a sticky thread symbol but it is black and the post isn't stickied? Can anyone explain what it is, also any other symbols on ATS especially ones next to someone's post I hover my mouse over but no explanation comes up for them, such as the flags next to them and the colour, the speech bubbles overlapping each other etc..

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DEV1L79

What is a sticky thread?

flags are button which you click on to indicate your support for a thread.

I'm going to click it and you'll see your flag raise up from 0.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

What is a sticky thread?

flags are button which you click on to indicate your support for a thread.

I'm going to click it and you'll see your flag raise up from 0.

Thanks swanne, I am not talking about the flag inside a topic I know about them I currently have 216 of those.

I am talking about when you see a list of the threads on a certain forum and next to the threads they have symbols like the flag for example.

My thread has a black box with two triangle points at the bottom but it is black like this below.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Okay, let's see.

-The black box with triangle point mean that you posted in this thread. It helps you keep up with where you've posted and where you didn't.

-The "speedometer" is all the thread you made. Easy access to all your threads.

-The speech bubble is all the posts you made. This button shows you what you posted and where, regardless if the thread in which you posted is yours or not.

-The double-bubble on the upper-right corner is your replies. If you click on it it'll give you a page of all the replies directly addressed to you.

The rest I don't know yet.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Okay, let's see.

-The black box with triangle point mean that you posted in this thread. It helps you keep up with where you've posted and where you didn't.

-The "speedometer" is all the thread you made. Easy access to all your threads.

-The speech bubble is all the posts you made. This button shows you what you posted and where, regardless if the thread in which you posted is yours or not.

-The double-bubble on the upper-right corner is your replies. If you click on it it'll give you a page of all the replies directly addressed to you.

The rest I don't know yet.

Wow thank you Swanne, just 2 more things I would like to give you a star for helping me and a flag how can I do that? How to I have a signature like yours. I have wrote a book and would like to link the book in my signature.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DEV1L79
just 2 more things I would like to give you a star for helping me and a flag how can I do that?

Right now you can't flag me because you are not in one of my threads. And you cannot star me either because this forum happens to be one of the few in which star attribution is not effective.

But don't mind S&F - it is actually my genuine pleasure to help

How to I have a signature like yours. I have wrote a book and would like to link the book in my signature.

1: click on the down arrow at the top of the page:

2: This will cause a ribbon to be displayed:

3: click on "account", located in the ribbon:

4: this will display the page of your (customizable) account informations:

5: Finally, your signature link can be written in the "signature" box:

Write exactly what I wrote in this box, except you replace "http : //skieswanne.weebly.com/phoenix-iii.html" by your own URL address of your book, and you replace "Phoenix-I/II Theory" by "Wicca Teachings", "I am the author of Wicca Teachings", or "my book", or something.

Okay, got to go now, good luck mate.

edit on 26-5-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Thank you so much

top topics

join