It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listen To The Ears

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: SLAYER69

How can something physical even influence something as abstract, as metaphysical as "spirituality"?

Interesting question isnt it?

In the end, isn't this proof that true spiritual evolution is not dependent on physical methods, but actually on the state of mind of the person who tries to evolve? That it's, really, "all in the head", in this case, "all in the spirit"

No, not at all.

Do we know if tones and vibrations have positive affects on our physical being? If we are spiritual creatures maybe, and yes this is speculation, those tones and vibrations may also affect our beings on a higher level as well.
edit on 26-5-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
Do we know if tones and vibrations have positive affects on our physical being? If we are spiritual creatures maybe, and yes this is speculation, those tones and vibrations may also affect our beings on a higher level as well.

Do not confuse sound vibration (which BTW do not propagate in the absence of air or in space) with DeBroglie waves or electromagnetic forces.

Just my last word.

edit on 26-5-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
(which BTW do not propagate in the absence of air or in space)

It's all good, enjoy the day.

Here's something may have missed, Enjoy

edit on 26-5-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: my1percent

Yes the stapes is said to be the smallest bone in the human body in the middle ear.

I am interested to know where it is mentioned in the Bible, if so ?
Verse ? Can you quote it please ?

leolady

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Erytte

You can hear electricity... that does not sound crazy to me at all. If we stop and try to listen a little more often then we just may be surprised at what we will actually hear.

Thank you for contributing. Hearing that you use the Ear stretching specifically for spiritual practices (not solely for decorative or ornamental use) is exactly what I am looking for.

leolady

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: leolady
Leolady , I don't know the verse that it comes from as I don't know the bible well , but I was told that it is written that
the creator will resurrect from the smallest bone in the body because supposedly it does not break down like the rest of the body.
Whether this is correct or not I don't know.
Also you even state that you are not 100% sure that is the smallest bone .
I was watching a trivia program yesterday and the knowledge wiz/ smart person was not 100% certain that it was the smallest bone.
So it's a bit of a mystery and ambiguous as to what is the smallest bone , you would think with all the medical research
They would know without a doubt .
There is also other advice written about the body , like not to have hot or cold showers only tepid and other stuff I am led to believe and the seven year cycle of skin maybe bones, I suppose it's all hush hush.
1% Thanks for replying cheers.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: leolady
Glad to contribute.

Since you've taken an interest in ears and methods for modifying them you should check out the Gorakhnathis they have a particular methood of ear splitting and special jewelry for spiritual purposes. You might enjoy the information, it's a fairly short read. In addition to that the 'westernized' version of that process is usually called a sadhu piercing - it's an inner conch piercing but at a large gauge and usually done with a dermal punch (circular razor). I mention this because it's gotten a bit of a spiritual reputation due to people claiming its so painful it brings you closer to god/your higher self. I've also heard mixed things about the effect that particular piercing has on hearing - both in general and in relation to the type of jewelry worn.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Yes I believe they do. For me personally I know they do.

For example, when i hear certain pieces of music I will get a feeling of being highly elated. I think most people can relate to this. & its not just a good feeling. The feeling actually goes a-lot deeper than just a quick feel good moment.

My example here only touches on what I know I am hearing. What about everything we don't even realize is penetrating our Ears ?

Could I be in a really deep bad hateful mood one day because un-knowingly to myself I have been exposed to vibrations and frequencies that were disturbing which then penetrated my energy centers and wreaked havoc. My body then begins to focus on cleansing myself of the harmful stuff and this un-balances me for a time until it can re-coop and pull back to a level of unity.

leolady

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Just my last word

Thank you swanne for your contributions and input into the thread.

I value all outlooks especially those that make me think outside of the things I have already read, researched or learned about. They are what help to shape and mold my thoughts and beliefs one way or the other.

No content means I remain stagnant and lost sitting inside the black empty box with nothing but my own thumbs to play with.

leolady

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: leolady
For example, when i hear certain pieces of music I will get a feeling of being highly elated. I think most people can relate to this. & its not just a good feeling.

Inspirational music often employs a major scale with a whole third interval, bringing a sense of fulfilment (the song is "resolved", in the musical jargon) and encouragement. Minor scale holds a flatted third and can be sadder, but also deeper and thus helps our mind to explore inhibited emotions. Importantly: if you were to listen to a song made on a Locrian scale, with many "unresolved" intervals, you'd end up almost sick - I did. Intervals are very important. Classical composers might also choose the natural harmonic scale, which, in the opinion of many, is even more resolved than the every-day normal scale.

The pattern behind the interval is an important factor too - major hits often included triplets or "horse gallop" pattern.

The phenomena is akin to the emotional effect which the taste sense can bring - alot of variables, and many of them quite complex.

edit on 26-5-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Ok off I went reading on horse gallops and found the following:

The three traditional aspects of music―melody, harmony, and rhythm―are not uniquely human at all, and were in fact copied from our fellow animal musicians.

Songbirds showed mankind how to whistle melody, in Major and Minor scales, while horses (and other domestic quadrupeds) helped steady the rhythms of the human heart and the instinctual drive to drum, by throwing down a 4/4 beat.

They call it Hipporhythmics. I learned something new today.
source

A bit off the subject of my thread, but yes it can relate. Again thanks for sharing.

leolady

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Erytte

Splitting the ears... yeah I do wanna read up more on that. Thanks for pointing me to this information. I had not heard of the splitting yet at all so it will be interesting to learn about.

leolady

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: leolady
... Candeling (a cleansing proces for the bodies energy centers to be free and clear...)

Re: candling lug-holes ...

[quote="straightdope.com"] When the candle had burned down to two inches we snuffed it and examined the treated ear with the otoscope. No change, except that possibly the wax was dented where the candle had been stuck in. Upon slicing open the candle stub, however, we found a considerable quantity of brown wax and whitish powder. The manual had the audacity to intimate that the powder was candida yeast extracted from the ear, conceding that possibly "1% to 10%" was from the used candle. The disappointed MDs were more inclined to say it was 100 percent, but just to be sure we burned another candle in the open air. When we sliced it open we found wax and powder identical to that in the first. Conclusion: it's a hoax.
www.straightdope.com...
edit on 28-5-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This is interesting, particularly the way that physical modification to the ears may change how well or what we hear. Perhaps there are methods used to enhance or broaden a human's audible range of sound. Or perhaps these changes allowed for vibration in both ears, an ancient way to achieve the same effect as binaural beats/hemi sync?

Binaural Beats

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Maya Angelou had an interesting take on hearing. She refused to speak for many years, a traumatic reaction to her words causing the murder of a man as a child. She learned to listen, because she would not speak.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Brandyjack

Yes very interesting indeed !

When she finally did begin speaking again, she said some very wise things I must say.

leolady

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
A passing thought. There is a mathematical theory that all matter, including ourselves are "frozen" photons of light. Each vibrating at a specific frequency which makes the photons seem solid, and of different materials.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join