It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Selfie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I'm sure just about everybody knows this song. If not, here's the vid:

You can find the lyrics here: The Chainsmokers - Selfie

I feel this song perfectly describes my generation, unfortunately. The woman in the song is so self absorbed that she feels confident making fun of others for the same things she's doing, such as the "Who goes out on Mondays" line and the lines:
"Did you think that girl was pretty?
How did that girl even get in here?
Do you see her?
She's so short and that dress is so tacky"

I feel this song, as great of a beat as it has, is a symptom of the "ME" generation. So what says ATS?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I've seen some popular EDM type music lately that has little lyrical value but its hugely popular, this is one of them. I think its a new trend, there was another one with lil jon, really good music this ones kinda satirical I like that.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Actually apart from that song itself, the thing that made me start this thread was hearing someone, somewhere, talking about taking a selfie of someone. I don't know why but that statement just threw up red flags. AFAIK, a selfie is a picture of yourself taken by yourself. It's literally impossible to take a selfie of someone else, unless I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Had to look up EDM, it seems like what we call techno or house music. I actually like some house music. The first I ever heard was Darude - Sandstorm ages ago:

Another popular, I love it, song is Animals by Martin Garrix. I love the high energy of house music. No need for lyrics if the beat is banging.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

See for me it's not so much the music because I pretty much love all kinds of music. The main point of this thread was really about the self-absorbed "me" generation as we've been called in the lyrics of some songs like Selfie. I feel it's very correct and yet not correct at all depending on who you're asking.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
yey. a really #ty track.
Good for nothing.

My friends did this mash up of #ty tracks on beatport top 100 who all sounds the same.
The selfie track could fit in here too.

700k wievs so no bs here.
soundcloud.com...

new topics

top topics

join