It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not One More !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
The chances of surviving against a guy with a Gun are Very Different from a guy with a Knife!

This kind of comparison (like the peanuts one) is ridiculous!

Only cowards need guns on free and democratic society! People create there own reality. Fear is the most important reality factor in the life of arsenal gun owners.

Again, I say this:
The water flows down stream, we know we can't stop her, but we can delay it.

You would think differently about knives if one was sticking out of your body.Knife wounds are wicked.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Ppl who support/endorse gun confiscation or a Rodney King mentality about "can't we all just get along" WITHOUT guns are either shills, sheep, or scumbags.

Some of us "older" posters remember going to school with shotguns in the back of pick up trucks. No metal detectors in schools, no bs "if you see something, say something" gestapo crap.

Further, some of us see the "writing on the wall". It's just a matter of time before this system goes pear shaped, most likely WHEN, not if the dollar collapses. And now that this reality, this CERTAINTY is upon us, NOW you wanna take away our guns?

From the bottom of my heart, go # yourself.

Personally I can't wait till someone hits the reset button, I'm sick of this waiting crap.

To quote Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge; "You can kill me, you can torture me, just don't bore me".

And god am I bored, let's get this crap over with, I'm sick of being told how "bloodthirsty" I am b/c I still remember what it was like to live in a pre 9/11 world.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
dp
edit on 26-5-2014 by schadenfreude because: dp

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

Lets see why do I have a gun? I like to shoot and all I do is shoot targets and maybe one day ill be a good trick shooter.
Not once have I ever had the temptation to shoot somebody. Not all Americans are gun crazy killers geez, give me a break will ya. Give it a rest already, its our country let us deal with it. You will never understand if you dont know much about our gun culture.

Peace

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SaganTheGreat

Some people go by numbers listed by officials, and some go by what they see and hear everyday. The recent bikie shooting epidemic [as it has been described by the media] would go a long way to showing how many gun crimes have been committed with an unregistered gun. Not to mention all the unregistered guns being used by Middle eastern crime gangs.

The point you are missing is how can there still be 12.1% since the gun laws ? Things may of went quite for a few years after the new laws, but what are we seeing and hearing everyday in the news. Shooting after shooting after shooting. Most with unregistered guns.

The ABS has also been proven wrong many times before. They are not a gospel source, and what we see everyday will always over rule a statistic !

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
you claim a fight against terrorists... and even now you are creating your own, your children aren't free... senseless rules and regulations are all over the place at schools... kids and teachers leave in fear... and why you ask? of course, its because of knifes!

all this bs comments from you guys even with personal attack, makes most of you cowards who need guns to defend them selfs ... some even say is for recreation.. killing animals... cowards I say!

Inside Terrorism, from your own will make you all eat your words..

You have no compassion whatsoever for the Outcry from this father at the OP, and neither for the next ones, that could be YOU.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
double post.
edit on v2014144America/ChicagoMon, 26 May 2014 16:58:12 -05002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

The chances of surviving against a guy with a Gun are Very Different from a guy with a Knife!

Having been stabbed, twice, the same sort of gunshot wound would have been much less complicated...really.

Most are pointing out the fact that this madman used a knife to kill half of his victims.

Only cowards need guns on free and democratic society! People create there own reality. Fear is the most important reality factor in the life of arsenal gun owners.

In a free and democratic society, there are still those who live to take from others. I'm a gun owner. Plural. I own more than one. How many, is no one's business but mine. One of those weapons is for precisely that moment, one that I pray most fervently never comes. That moment someone decides that my stuff belongs to him, and is willing to try to hurt/kill in order to do so. Sorry. Not going to happen, if I have anything to say about it, and that firearm will help me have a very compelling argument.

...Fear? No, not really. Understandable caution in what can be a very dangerous world. If you can't see that, you need to take a closer look around you.

...and what constitutes an arsenal gun owner? Just curious.

Again, I say this:

Take away rights in the name of security? Nope. I'm perfectly capable of being secure in my person by my own self, thanks.

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security, deserve neither.- Benjamin Franklin.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Those who would sacrifice freedom for security, deserve neither.- Benjamin Franklin.

Correction.
Those who need a gun to claim the right of freedom or security, deserve neither.

Hiding behind a gun or gun rights don't solve problems, it creates more.
Take a look at the freedom of your children at schools. They are becoming robots. And why? because of knifes rights, of course.
edit on v2014145America/ChicagoMon, 26 May 2014 17:12:30 -05002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Correction.
Those who need a gun to claim the right of freedom or security, deserve neither.

It is a tool. Nothing more. My freedom or lack there of is contingent upon my actions. Not my tools. Get it right, will you? My security is contingent upon my actions, or lack of same, not my tools. Get it right, will you?

Take a look at the freedom of your children at schools. They are becoming robots. And why? because of knifes rights, of course.

Problems, eh? Problems are caused by the actions of people. Not inanimate objects incapable of independent actions. I've yet to see a firearm cause a problem. Usually, actually always, it's the user. In the case you're using as your cause, the user was a madman who used, as you've so blithely skipped over several times, not just a gun, but a knife, and a car. The common connection between the three tools? The madman using them.

Freedom of children in school? Robots? Damn, guns sure caused that didn't they? Umm... No they didn't. Any problems in schools were/are caused by lack of involvement by parents, and voters in general. No guns required.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

"The chances of surviving against a guy with a Gun are Very Different from a guy with a Knife!"

Would your chances of survival go up if you and everyone around you had a gun at the time? A criminal will aquire a gun rather it's legal or not,however, a law abiding citizen will not and will be punished for it by not having a gun when they need to defend themselves against crazy people who have one. By restricting gun use you only restrict it to people who wouldn't use one on strangers in the first place.

edit on 26-5-2014 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Again, I say this:

Excuse me? Only cowards use guns? So all the people who fought for your country have been cowards? All the american indians were cowards? Iran was cowards when it fought off iraq? There are lot sof people who would not fall under the term cowards. You meant to say people who kill others for no reason but to make everyone as miserable as them prolly i imagine.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I live far out in the boonies. Three times over the years, I have avoided violence BECAUSE I had a gun. When someone with criminal intent hears a 12 gauge fire into the air, they have a tendency to go away...real quick. If I had tried to confront them up close and unarmed, there is no telling what could have happened.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
As a man, i would be a coward if i was not diligent in my responsibilities to protect those in my charge. Anything less than this makes you not only foolish but truly a coward. I don' t want to negotiate for their protection. I want to man up and be ready if and when i take a stand. I think it' s a man thing. I would have to guess that sissy boys find ways to deflect and project their cowardice and impotence onto those that make them feel weak and helpless by comparison....a reply to: yuppa

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Correction.

Just walk away. you have no clue nor even the slightest of a idea behind the 2D Amendment. Your country doesn't have it. You just plain don't know what you are talking about.

And to top it off, in your arrogance, you refuse to even listen to those who do live with it day to day.

Isn't Portugal part of the PIIGS problem...maybe you should focus on that.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Voyager2, if "Be Genuine" is your motto then you're being genuine in you own little Never-Never Land. You can't stop crazy, you can't legislate it away or corral all the crazies. They walk among us like ticking time bombs and you never know it until one goes POP! My wife and daughter are going for their Concealed Carry licenses and I'm behind them 110% simply because I can't be with them all the time with a shotgun full of 00 buckshot. Yours and all the other pin-headed liberals will NEVER see the Utopia you dream of on this side of the grave.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I need them to stop people like "them" from harming people like "you" because lately things have been getting odd.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

If you believe that gun laws are the answer, then what happens if YOU are next from an illegal, stolen or unregistered gun, after the new gun laws have been passed in as law. Your new laws didn't make YOU any safer , did it ?

This is not about a lack of compassion for the father, it is about accepting reality and knowing that nothing will change for the better regardless of what new laws come in. The only way the US government can take the guns is to change the US Constitution, this would be classed as an act of treason by a corrupt Government, and why was the right to bare arms written into the Constitution to begin with.........to be a last defence against a corrupt government.

And what happens when you ban guns in the States but then feel the blowback from all those guns your Government sold to foreign countries ? Isn't it ironic that the US Government will allow guns to be sold all around the world, but then be so hell bent of taking them off their own citizens.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SaganTheGreat

You might want to go back and see where I said the USE of illegal or stolen weapons has dramatically increased. I did not mention mortality rates. I said the USE of them. The media coverage of this issue over the last few years is my credible source. I'm not sure which state you live in, but if you don't think gun use has increased since the guns laws were brought in, then I can only assume you don't live in NSW ?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

yeah especially if your aggressor has a knife and youre carrying a firearm.........

You said earlier people who own guns are more tempted to shoot people..........I carry my gun everywhere, ive even been in an altercation while carrying my weapon.........and I was never tempted to pull it.....

Your logic makes no sense

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join