It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not One More !

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Alcohol, peanuts and drugs aren't use for mass murder!

I have answered your question; This English! YOU DON'T NEED A GUN.

«YOU DON'T NEED A GUN YOU COULD DIE JUST FOR WALKING THE ROAD and most ridiculous part of that is not because of a drunk driver, it could be because of some LUNATIC that likes GUNS and MASS SHOOTING like in the games.»
edit on v20141411America/ChicagoFri, 30 May 2014 11:50:08 -05002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

Okay camping in the Rocky Mountains and a big bear jumps out and starts to charge...I bet you wouldn't mind a shotgun.
That can happen in the USA also armed people could come into your home with guns,I would want to be armed because you have a lot more chance of crims being armed.
In a perfect world no wild animal would attack a human and no one would want to break in and take your stuff or rape you...sorry love it isn't a perfect world so you have to be prepared depending on your location etc.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

What about knives not being used in mass murders?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

There are lot's possibilities for a men to die. Even now just walking the road we could die, for numerous reasons.

But, because of that Having free Guns will not stop you for dying either way. Yet, making Guns free you add to the normal probability of death a large and painful one. The possibility of being murdered in that same walk along the road, by a lunatic with access to 9mm guns and etc.

Guns are an instrument of War and Death. They are use to KILL. Take them away!

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Honestly no point conversing with you is there.
We live in a brutal world and the world you want can not and will never exist.
Iam beginning to think you are just on a windup an intelligent person would accept in some places on earth It is wise to carry and gun to protect yourself from critters and or other armed people.
Also If a person really wants to kill another they could do it with anything.
You continue to bleat "guns kill people" (they don't people kill people) and ignore any question put to you.
Iam out.

You should really try to understand and respect other countries culture you are giving us Brits a bad name.
edit on 30-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Knife-wielding attackers .
10 men armed with long knives
29 deaths

about 3 deaths to one

what about GUN'S :

look at this:

and

and

you get the picture
more here www.washingtonpost.com...

1 shooter 32 dead
1 shooter 26 dead
and so on
now lets

10 lunatics with guns, 10x32 = 320 dead ... And the numbers could be much much worst.. Do the maths

knifes don't have the potential to kill as guns!

«Since 1982, there have been at least 61 mass murders carried out with firearms across the country, with the killings unfolding in 30 states from Massachusetts to Hawaii.»
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I'm not ignoring no one! I have all the ppl in this forum against me. It's normal to fail to reply to everybody.

You have your opinion I have mine. That's it.

Edit: Now I have to get out now. to shut down. Things to do. will not reply for some while. maybe next week. Have a nice weekend guys.
edit on v20141412America/ChicagoFri, 30 May 2014 12:13:30 -05002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Just that yours is wrong.
You can't accept that other places in the world the people need protection from the environment and armed criminals.
I take it you are from the UK same as me, have you ever been to the states? It is very different you have no right to make honest decent people whom own guns for their own safety feel like they are wrong for doing what is their (and ours btw) right of protecting their family.
Again would you want to be armed If an animal may eat you in the woods? (don't lie btw).

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I was pointing out how wrong you are by saying knives are not used in mass murders.

I am pretty sure that before the invention of guns most mass murders were the result of dying by the blade.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I was pointing out how wrong you are by saying knives are not used in mass murders.

I am pretty sure that before the invention of guns most mass murders were the result of dying by the blade.

Yes.
Imagine what a samurai would do in a village of unarmed peasants that had insulted the Shogun.
and
If one researches ancient battles, they would find cases where 80,000 men died in battle in as little as 6 hours, all fallen to edged weapons.
edit on b000000312014-05-30T12:21:52-05:0012America/ChicagoFri, 30 May 2014 12:21:52 -05001200000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
a reply to: thesaneone

Knife-wielding attackers .
10 men armed with long knives
29 deaths

about 3 deaths to one

what about GUN'S :

look at this:

and

and

you get the picture
more here www.washingtonpost.com...

1 shooter 32 dead
1 shooter 26 dead
and so on
now lets

10 lunatics with guns, 10x32 = 320 dead ... And the numbers could be much much worst.. Do the maths

knifes don't have the potential to kill as guns!

«Since 1982, there have been at least 61 mass murders carried out with firearms across the country, with the killings unfolding in 30 states from Massachusetts to Hawaii.»
www.washingtonpost.com...

Progressive talking points. Nothing more than that.

Are your brown shirts ready to be picked up from the cleaners and your jackboots shined and ready?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

However the other examples that you used earlier, and now are conspicuously absent, knives and automobiles, can and have ben used for multiple homicides.

No, you did not answer my question. I did not ask you if I needed a gun, I asked how you defend yourself in a home invasion where the intruder has a weapon.

Just to reiterate, I do not expect you to answer this as you are not here to have a rational conversation, only stir the pot and act like a troll. But you could always prove me wrong.

edit on 30-5-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

However the other examples that you used earlier, and now are conspicuously absent, knives and automobiles, can and have ben used for multiple homicides.

No, you did not answer my question. I did not ask you if I needed a gun, I asked how you defend yourself in a home invasion where the intruder has a weapon.

Just to reiterate, I do not expect you to answer this as you are not here to have a rational conversation, only sir the pot and act like a troll. But you could always prove me wrong.

Good to push the question, especially now we see that Portugal has plenty of guns for this to occur....
Link to thisguyrighthere's post!
edit on bu312014-05-30T12:55:36-05:0012America/ChicagoFri, 30 May 2014 12:55:36 -050012u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The thing is, the OP doesn't want to look in the mirror and realize that they are screwed up as the rest of the world. However, we here as law abiding citizens in the US, do actually realize and understand our laws.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Yes I can see your point but it wouldn't matter if it was 60 70 80 or 100 these people kill with a gun the gun supporters would argue thats all the more reason to keep their guns ,they will throw up spurious logic and statistics to support their cause all day but as soon as confronted with contrarian facts they go into either ignore or poo poo it mode you are not going to win with any logical argument because its an emotional issue they are quite prepared to acccept any level of violence or death just so long as they can keep their guns.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Yes I can see your point but it wouldn't matter if it was 60 70 80 or 100 these people kill with a gun the gun supporters would argue thats all the more reason to keep their guns ,they will throw up spurious logic and statistics to support their cause all day but as soon as confronted with contrarian facts they go into either ignore or poo poo it mode you are not going to win with any logical argument because its an emotional issue they are quite prepared to acccept any level of violence or death just so long as they can keep their guns.

Funny...i was going to say the same thing.

I have asked, and have yet to recieve information confirming, that guns increase levels of violence. The best I have seen to date is comparing gun violence in southern states to northern states, and the US vs the EU. However, they neglect to account for the fact that Mexico is a barbaric banana republic right along 2500 miles of our unprotected southern border.

As well, I haven't seen it reconciled why "assault rifles" are in the crosshairs, but other rifles aren't. Because there are only cosmetic differences, not functional.

Finally, I have not had anyone explain to me how, with all our vast wild lands full of apex predators, I should remain safe while working on my land.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Yeah I would love to take the brave OP in the woods here for a hike. See if he is singing the same tune when he meets some of the critters that live here. Pictures don't really do them justice, nor zoo animals, seeing the wild ones is a world of a different. No safety glass or cages to save your ass should the animals decide they don't like you. Here is some of the ones around here:
Porcupine

Yeah I know, looks cute and cudly right?

Wolverine

Another cute one right?

Canada Lynx

I doubt I have to prove how dangerous large feral cats can be.

Fisher

Similar to wolverines

Black bear

Though they look like dopes, they are heavy, strong, and surprisingly fast as hell when they want to be.

Now onto the packs.

Coyote

Wolf

Coyotes and Wolves that interbred

edit on Fri, 30 May 2014 15:39:28 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Do you read any of the posts that have repeatedly refuted your points throughout this thread?

Taking my guns away will in no way prevent another mass shooting. Why, you ask? Because I'm not going to do something so heinous.

I am, for most conversational purposes, a law abiding citizen. I even look both ways before crossing the street. I exercise the same caution when it comes to my guns. They are where I, and I alone, can get to them.

You are blaming the many for the actions of the few. Can you not see how wrong that is? Mistaken?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It would be funny to drop the OP off deep in the Alaskan bush, It would be wake up call time. Hell, Detriot would do the job. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I haven't argued for the confiscation of guns here in my own state you can have a semi automatic if you have over 250 acres and a feral pest population,that is fair enough,you can also have one if you are a professional hunter what I have been suggesting is various measures to keep high rate of fire weaponry out of the hands of spur of the moment killers every suggestion is rejected pan flat,you cant restrict assault style weapons in urban areas because that infringes peoples civil rights,the same for psychological screening thats discriminatory you cant have that,restricting the most common military calibres is also no good because there are also high rate of fire weapons of weird calibres such as ones used to kill indians in the 1880's or the Saint Valentines day massacre in the 1930's,every suggestion is rejected pan flat,Im not naive with 300 to 600 million weapons in the US your never going to disarm the place but if your not prepared to make any concession then these events will continue to happen because most of them occur with legally purchased weapons,perhaps in a population of 300 million a half a dozen mass shootings a year is an acceptable statistical probability but I wouldn't like to explain that to a victim of one of these events.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join