It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not One More !

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If alcohol was completed illegal, the Drunk Drivers will cease and your life expectancy against drunk drivers will dramatically improve, correct?

How do you think laws and their enforcement work?

Making a thing illegal doesnt magically banish it from existence.

If you recall alcohol was illegal from 1920-1933. Deaths went waaaaaay up.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

If alcohol was completed illegal, the Drunk Drivers will cease and your life expectancy against drunk drivers will dramatically improve, correct?

We had a stretch in the United States where alcohol is completely illegal and it did not stop anyone from getting alcohol. It actually made it easier as they made it at home.

Now stop trolling an answer my question.

edit on 30-5-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Now your are trolling. You didn't answered my question, again:
Making alcohol illegal reduce or not the number of Drunk Drivers?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Do you follow your teenage daughter everywhere? I hope you have taught her to have a Plan B. For instance, does she know what gun shots sound like and react immediately? Never assume it is a car backfiring.

By the way, just having a father like you, already gives your daughter the most important protection she can have.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I do not think it would be significant in the long run as the black market and home produced alcohol would be just as prevalent as it was during Prohibition.

Now answer my question.

edit on 30-5-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

No, it wouldnt because, guess what, it didnt.

Edited to back it up:

These results suggest that Prohibition had a substantial short-term effect but roughly a zero longer-
term effect on drunkenness arrests.
The Effect of Alcohol Prohibition on Alcohol Consumption

So immediately after the law it was harder to get but after a while smuggling and making it at home caught right back up with pre-Prohibition levels along with all the added crimes and desperation that comes with participating in illegal activity.
edit on 30-5-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere

No, it wouldnt because, guess what, it didnt.

Just like a law against possessing firearms would not reduce mass shootings.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

You are being biased, that's the problem. You know that isn't true what you said. If alcohol was made illegal there wouldn't be 300 millions potential killers on the roads! because they couldn't buy alcohol or manufacture in that numbers.

So bottom line, making alcohol illegal reduce your probability against drunk drivers.

But we don't need to do that, do we? And You know why? Because alcohol ins't used to MASS SHOOTING/KILLING. GUNS ARE.

But YET alcohol exists and kills. no fool proof. Like Guns they exist. No fool proof either. But YET countless Kids lives were lost by simple Fact of the USE OF GUNS IN PUBLIC PLACES FOR MASS KILLING.

With that i have answered your question. YOU DON'T NEED A GUN YOU COULD DIE JUST FOR WALKING THE ROAD and most ridiculous part of that is not because of drunk driver, it could be because of some LUNATIC that likes GUNS and MASS SHOOTING like in the games.
edit on v20141410America/ChicagoFri, 30 May 2014 10:32:51 -05002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

He might be biased but you're obviously ignoring what you don't want to hear.

Prohibition (banning of alcohol) resulted in no measurable decline of consumption or drunken arrests.

It just made a lot more people criminals who wouldnt have otherwise been criminals.

If the law worked the way you seem to think it does than a simple ban on murder would solve all these issues. The real world does not work like that.
edit on 30-5-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

My "biased" observation wasn't for you... relax.´

if you wanna a reply read this one: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on v20141410America/ChicagoFri, 30 May 2014 10:22:46 -05002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

If alcohol was made illegal there wouldn't be 300 millions potential killers on the roads! because they couldn't buy alcohol or manufacture in that numbers.

Yeah.....
Just like no one smokes marijuana because it is illegal.
Just like you can't possibly buy heroin on street corners in every city and small town.

Please tell us more.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Point on that one is : marijuana and heroin aren't use for MASS MURDER.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

You are being biased, that's the problem. You know that isn't true what you said. If alcohol was made illegal there wouldn't be 300 millions potential killers on the roads! because they couldn't buy alcohol or manufacture in that numbers.

So bottom line, making alcohol illegal reduce your probability against drunk drivers.

But we don't need to do that, do we? And You know why? Because alcohol ins't used to MASS SHOOTING/KILLING. GUNS ARE.

But YET alcohol exists and kills. no fool proof. Like Guns they exist. No fool proof either. But YET countless Kids lives were lost by simple Fact of the USE OF GUNS IN PUBLIC PLACES FOR MASS KILLING.

With that i have answered your question. YOU DON'T NEED A GUN YOU COULD DIE JUST FOR WALKING THE ROAD and most ridiculous part of that is not because of drunk driver, it could be because of some LUNATIC that likes GUNS and MASS SHOOTING like in the games.

Now your really trolling, so now your going to bring booze banning, let's start with banning all grapes, corn, rye and all other ingredients it takes to make alcohol.

This thread is a joke

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Point on that one is : marijuana and heroin aren't use for MASS MURDER.

I used them as a point that making something illegal does not make it disappear....
But I am pretty certain that you knew that, right?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

How so? Are you saying that during Prohibition there was a significantly reduced availability of alcohol? I know you have a very limited understanding of American history and and even lesser grasp on reality but alcohol consumption did not drop during Prohibition, it only moved from legal to illicit sources.

Alcohol kills more people, directly, via accidents, and indirectly, through disease, then guns could ever do in a year. Once again, your sick, morbid fixation with how people die is disgusting.

With that i have answered your question.

No, you have not. How do you effectively defend your home from someone who has a weapon?

I am aware that you do not want to answer this question as it is obvious you are trolling but I will continue to ask you just so that you can keep avoiding it and look more foolish.

edit on 30-5-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Just to answer from a UK perspective.
The odds on the average house invader having a gun in the UK are staggering, it is the gangs whom have them and they tend to shoot each other not the public (Of course we have instances of people getting caught in the crossfire).
doesn't mean we go undefended in our homes.
I have spread across my house.
Baseball bat.
crossbow pistol.
Various camping knives and machetes.

Now If I was awoken at night seeing the robbers are likey just after some cash to score I would just use harsh language..they would leg it.
Different cultures dude thats all.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
I have spread across my house.
Baseball bat.
crossbow pistol.
Various camping knives and machetes.

While I admire your resolve I hope no one ever breaks into your residence as you will be at a certain disadvantage if they have a firearm. Something our disingenuous friend is purposefully ignoring.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

what part of the english words You didn't understand?

«So bottom line, making alcohol illegal reduce your probability against drunk drivers.

But we don't need to do that, do we? And You know why? Because alcohol ins't used to MASS SHOOTING/KILLING. GUNS ARE. »

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

True. But it reduces the probability of USING guns for Mass Murder.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Honestly the chances in the UK of that happening are so massive It just will not happen.
I honestly can not remember reading about any home invader armed with a gun in the UK.
I live in a town of 80 thousand and seeing it is in Yorkshire I know the amount of people with shotguns are higher than normal (we have a gunsmiths in the town) but they are Farmers etc.

It is simple maths really we don't have many guns as you folk in the states, having one is really serious (illegal) and If caught with an illegal firearm it is 5 years. If police find you with one five years in nick straight away, so that tends to put off our crims.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join