It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not One More !

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
The American pro-gun advocate is anti-life.

The lives lost mean nothing to them. You can see it by their responses. Cold, disconnected.
The only thing that matters is their rights to play/pose with their toys.

Hope it's worth it.

I take issue with moronic statements like this, if the anti-gun side of the debate is really about preserving life then why don't you start with those things that kill the most people? When you have done that and fixed those first then come back to me and discuss guns.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Agree. The pro-gun advocate is for preserving innocent life by giving victims and potential victims the ability to defend themselves and others. Those who would take that away are anti-life.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I think I am different. I am not afraid to die. So I don't take weapons around with me everywhere. Hunting, traveling, and in my home. If an unpredictable event happens and I don't have my weapon, then so be it.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3
That is your choice. You are free to make that choice, and others are free to choose to arm themselves. Freedom is a good thing. It don't make you any better or tougher than those that choose to arm themselves.

edit on Thu, 29 May 2014 19:58:52 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: seagull

I think I am different. I am not afraid to die. So I don't take weapons around with me everywhere. Hunting, traveling, and in my home. If an unpredictable event happens and I don't have my weapon, then The hunter will become the hunted.

Fixed it for you

edit on 29-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Call out to your guardian angel if you find yourself in trouble. You do not need a gun.

See how history repeats itself.

Look what is happening today, in defense of owning a gun. Evil in the past has tried to take away guns to control
and oppress.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: colbe

Sorry how many people have prayed to God before getting shot dead?.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

If you are not afraid to die then why did you wish you had a gun when you where attacked by a group of people?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TSZodiac

I really hate it when I can only give one star instead of, oh 1000.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2 Just out of shear curiosity, what do you think we should do about the Knives? The guy whose absentee Father is suddenly present now that the kids dead. failed to mention that his kid STABBED 3 guys to DEATH before he even picked up a gun. So, where's the knife outrage? What about the baseball bat outrage? Did you know that more people are killed with Baseball bats and Hammers than all firearms combined? Here's a clue....IT'S NOT THE WEAPONS!

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I did not want to be raped.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Exactly. Neither do my daughters and my sisters which is why they carry (or will when old enough as the case may be.) One may never need to pull their handgun, but when and if that horrible event happens, it is better to be prepared than not. Carrying a gun is not about fear it is about being prepared for the horrible things that evil people do to innocent people. For a woman it is actually very empowering because it eliminates any physical strength or numbers discrepancy between the attacker and the attacked.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
I did not want to be raped.

I do not want to incur bodily injury in an automobile accident: that is why I wear a seatbelt.

I do not want to get fragments in my eyes when working with tools: that is why I have safety goggles.

I do not want to receive a skull fracture while mountain biking: that is why I use a helmet.

Seeing the trend here? I have firearms for similar reasons, I am protecting myself from not what I think is going to happen, but may happen based on previous occurrences with other people.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: skeptikal1
How many assault weapons did it take to overthrow Egypt or the Ukraine?

the power lies with people not guns,if the whole country didn't show up for work they'd give you whatever you want,this is my last post on this thread Im wasting my time on it.

If you're talking about currently Ukrainian citizens are killed wholesale they have no weapons to defend themselves. They are gunned down in the streets while protesting, someone just posted video of it.

Egyptian citizens had the military supporting them with their weapons.

I would say Syria is a better example of why American citizens need weapons against a tyrannical government.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: barbeedoll
Did you know that more people are killed with Baseball bats and Hammers than all firearms combined?

While I generally agree with you, I'm going to have to correct you on that one. That's not accurate. Its not true of 'all firearms combined', but shotguns and rifles of any kind. Homicides committed with handguns still far outpace them all.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I have a question also. How do you defend yourself against a drunk driver?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
I have a question also. How do you defend yourself against a drunk driver?

There is no foolproof method for that but I do try to limit the odds by not being out on nights that are typically high in drunk driving incidents; St. Patrick's Day, New Year's Eve, Thanksgiving Eve, etc.

You still have not answered my question. How do you defend your home effectively from someone who has a weapon?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

So, Is there a foolproof method for defend your home effectively ?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
So, Is there a foolproof method for defend your home effectively ?

of course not, but again, it is trying to stack the odds in my favor as much as possible.

Answer my question.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

If alcohol was completed illegal, the Drunk Drivers will cease and your life expectancy against drunk drivers will dramatically improve, correct?

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join