It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not One More !

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
\It is your philosophy of Fear that is making us all feel like we are victims and should tolerate this because in your mind there are no solutions.

'Philosophy of fear'? Why are you afraid of tools?

I keep a hammer, screwdriver and utility knife handy in case I need them. I know how to use them properly and am able to put them to good use. The same as my pistol which I also have handy. They are all tools and they can all be weapons as defined by the Supreme Court and other legal precedent. Each serves a purpose but I am not going to drive a nail with a screwdriver nor defend my home with a utility knife.

Do you fear hammers, screwdrivers and utility knives? Because they can also be used to kill as has happened before.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Almost every tool can be use to kill, if you want to kill, and if the other person can't be able of defending herself!

With a gun or a rifle, as long is pointed at you (at distance, usually by cowards) you can't defend yourself. The bullet is to fast!

In other hand, knife or hammer.. i don't know.. anything, that doesn't fire bullets or explosives, at least the person being threatened can defend her self with her own speed and strength and even benefit from help of others.

Fatality rate of Gun's / Rifle's are by far higher than tool's!!

people should stop to use ban tools as an argument... it's sick.
edit on v20141411America/ChicagoWed, 28 May 2014 11:02:31 -05002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
The mental illness issue was directed to those who personally attacked me along this 12 pages. For the ones who got offend after, and continued attacking me, well they just fit very well on that statement.

That statement right there reminds me of Elliot Rodgers statements right before he went bat# crazy. With a knife, pistols and a car. And you say that we have a mental problem because we disagree with you? That's funny.

edit on 28-5-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex
again... directed to the ones who personally attacked me..like you are doing right now. so it can be applied to you also.
edit on v20141411America/ChicagoWed, 28 May 2014 11:04:48 -05002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: NavyDoc

I am a woman and have never carried a gun, yet I made it to old age. The one time I was a victim it was not a gun that saved me.

It is your philosophy of Fear that is making us all feel like we are victims and should tolerate this because in your mind there are no solutions.

Wrong. There are many solutions but disarming the law abiding is not one of them. You continually go on and on about how much you care about "the children" as if we don't have children we care about and love too. What a narcissistic and arrogant place to be coming from. Of course I love my daughters and part of that love is wanting them to be able to protect themselves when I am not around to do so. It is stupid to teach them that their bodies are their own and that nobody may touch them without permission and at the same time deny them a very good tool to prevent that very thing from happening. A handgun definitely lets a hundred pound woman stop a 250 pound man and equalizes her lack of physical strength. You may want to disarm my daughters and you may think in that sick and perverted way that most leftists do that rape is less evil than killing the rapist but I don't. My daughters must have the right to defend themselves and they must retain the right to keep themselves and their families safe even if it gives you the willies. You don't care about them because you want to make them helpless but I wouldn't make your children defenseless so I guess I care more about your kids in that aspect than you do--I want them to be able to protect themselves.

The fear is with you--you fear an inanimate object. You fear your fellow law abiding citizens more than the criminals because that is all guns gun control disarms--the law abiding. You got to old age and never needed a gun. Good for you--sheep depend on numbers for safety and hope that the predator will get someone else. However, just because you have never needed one, why would you deny that right and that ability to defend themselves to other women? Do you have such disregard for other women that you don't care if they can defend themselves from a rapist or intruder or whomever wants to victimize them? Why take the right to choose away from women? You are pro-choice, yes?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
And what about the 200 kids (10-17 year old) who have been shot in Chicago this year alone?

Where's the public outcry? Where are the reporters?

I guess if you do a drive by in BMW it's a lot more news worthy than one committed in a 1982 Chevy Caprice.

Will there be a call for new, stricter knife laws considering his first three victims were stabbed to death?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

You may see it as an attack, while I just see it as a opinion of mine that I am pointing out to you. That quote does sound very similar to me.

You started this thread, about a country who laws are different than your own and then proceeded to tell us that we have mental issues. Hmmm, I don't see what could wrong with that...

You are obviously set in your thinking and for that I feel sorry for you. It indicates a closed mind.

I don't care if some one wants to go through life unarmed, shopping at their local markets and basically being dependent upon the State. Good for them!

But I'm not going to do that if I can help it. I'm going to live life to its fullest, hunting, fishing, growing my own food, etc, etc. If that makes me mental, then I'm happy with it.

You started this thread I hope in a attempt to understand the American populace. Well, you're getting the unvarnished truth. Some of us like our firearms and some don't. But you will never understand if you ask a question with a preconceived notion of how it should be answered to your satisfaction.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

again.. the mental issues where directed to personal attacks that where made to me countless times along 12 pages. you can deal with it the way you want it. but truth is still the same.

you don't know my intentions and you are actually at this time arranging one to your convenience, therefore with:

originally posted by: TDawgRex
preconceived notion of how it should be answered to your satisfaction.

so your accusations fail to accomplish and are indeed all applied to you. And I can consider with that many of your very own accusations and personal attacks reflects your way of being.
edit on v20141411America/ChicagoWed, 28 May 2014 11:42:09 -05002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
dbl
edit on v20141411America/ChicagoWed, 28 May 2014 11:34:25 -05002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Why don't you try to ban alcohol?
75,000 alcohol related deaths per year in the US on average.

Do you drink alcohol?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

alcohol can't be use to mass shooting...

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

alcohol can't be use to mass shooting...

Alcohol KILLS.

You don't really care about people dying.

You are all about banning guns. Your reply proves it.

If you want to ban something dangerous, ban nuclear weapons. They have only been used twice for their intended purpose and that killed nearly 200,000 people instantaneously. It is the same as guns, in that our politicians could do away with them..... just like that.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Quick question for you voyager2. Are you aware that there have been more than 500 people (1/2 of them school children with no gang affiliation) shot in Chicago this year alone? Why the sudden concern about gun control and 'Not One More' after 3 people are shot in Santa Barbara? Why was this your breaking point? Not one more, but only after 592 people have been shot in Chicago I suppose?
edit on 28-5-2014 by Astroart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Almost every tool can be use to kill, if you want to kill, and if the other person can't be able of defending herself!

Why would I want an attacker to defend themselves, particularly in a home invasion as I mentioned above?

With a gun or a rifle, as long is pointed at you (at distance, usually by cowards) you can't defend yourself.

Who would be shooting anyone at a distance in their home? What do they live in, a bowling alley? And again, why would I want a home invader to try to defend themselves? I want them rapidly and completely subdued, either by force or by acquiescence.

In other hand, knife or hammer.. i don't know.. anything, that doesn't fire bullets or explosives, at least the person being threatened can defend her self with her own speed and strength and even benefit from help of others.

Again, why do I want a home invader to be able to defend themselves against me if they have entered my home unlawfully?

In 2011 there were 11,101 gun homicides in the United States, in the same year there 32,367 deaths caused by motor vehicles which are obviously tools. So it would appear you do not even understand the statistics.

people should stop to use ban tools as an argument... it's sick.

What really is sick is politicizing and fabricating statistics regarding people's deaths like you are doing to help drive your personal agenda.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Correct, they only care if people die from guns, nothing else.

It really doesn't matter, no-one is going to take our firearms. They can scream, rant and stomp their feet, fact is, they wont get their way. These threads are great entertainment though!

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Here's the thing OP and you need to get this through your head.

1. You are not American. You don't understand Americans nor do you understand American history with the firearm.

2. We are NOT giving up our guns. it will NEVER happen. Not now, not ever. They could repeal the 2nd Amendment tomorrow and I would still not give up my guns.

3. If someone did try to take our guns that would exemplify the reason why we have them to begin with. We would fight, with our guns, until the enemy either gave up or was wiped out. Same with criminals, same with government run amok, same with invaders. You cannot shove dictatorship down our throats. We might put up with a a lot of crap from government and others, but outright dictatorship will end with dead dictators.

Our guns aren't going anywhere. Save your feigned outrage.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Astroart

Since i was connect to ATS, I started to be more aware of the news and incidents going on in the US. There have been some mass shooting since, and sometimes I was believing in conspiracy theories. I can't understand how you permit this things to go on.

I heard this father voice, and i felt the truthful pain coming from him. and because a guy

had on him a Glock 34 and two Sig P226 pistols. He purchased them legally last year along with 400 rounds for the 3 guns. His magazines were all California legal and capped at 10 rounds. All guns and ammo were 9mm.

And like I said in the OP »NOT ONE MORE, You have the power to change this, and You Should.»

" I have to go out now, I will not be able to reply.. for some time."

edit on v20141412America/ChicagoWed, 28 May 2014 12:01:07 -05002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Wow, you really have thin skin don't you? I just opined and you attack. That is what most would call a epic fail. Typical of the progressive left. When confronted with opinions or facts, they start throwing around baseless accusations and emotional drivel with no facts at all to follow up, with the few exceptions of facts provided by screwed leftist organization who fudge the numbers. It's all about emotions and "Save the Children" with them.

They have no room for rational thought nor critical thinking.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I appreciate the reply, all I can say is do your research. Don't fall into the trap of only reading or investigating the big headline grabbers as they seldom tell the whole story. The conspiracy in Chicago is a good place to start if you're trying to understand mass shootings orchestrated by the government and fueled by generations of open segregation and housing discrimination carried out by the FHA.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

"There are many solutions but disarming the law abiding is not one of them."

That is right, "law abiding citizens". We have to do something about the mentally ill getting guns.

I am woman, I believe and do a lot of things. That is another conversation.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join