It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not One More !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Video from bbc: www.bbc.com...

This is the public OUTCRY of a father that loses is Son for the gun using rights!

Public who defend the right of using guns should listen to this father voice.

How can this be?

«Stop this madness» «We shouldn't live like this» » «Too many have died, NOT ONE MORE!»

To the "craven politicians" and the NRA who defend gun rights, what about the right to live for his son?

I don't live in US, I'm not even an American, but has an outsider I look at this «insanity» (quoting the father), the pain (real and profound pain) and I think can this people (American People) wake up? How many more will die like this.

This wasn't «staged» by the government or any conspiracy faction to take down gun rights. This was real life, with real death and real pain, like many more before this one.

NOT ONE MORE, You have the power to change this, and You Should.

Just want to give you guys the opportunity to make this issue important and relevant to this Forum.
edit on v2014146America/ChicagoMon, 26 May 2014 06:17:37 -05002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2
There are kids just as young or younger in the Middle East, Africa and all over Central and Southern America who are using guns for violent acts and dying very violent deaths, it is a worldwide issue that the American media likes to paint in its own colors.

+38 more 
posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Just want to give you guys the opportunity to make this issue important and relevant to this Forum. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good luck with that. The majority of ATS users support gun rights (as do I).

What do you honestly think eliminating gun rights is going to do? Eliminate murders like it did in the U.K? That's sarcasm btw. You state you are not from the U.S, so maybe it's best if you let Americans decide what they want to do with their country and their laws?

The gun debate has been done adnauseum here and elsewhere. Gun control advocates haven't managed to convince gun rights advocates and yet another looney with a God complex going on a rampage isn't going to change that. The latest crazy also stabbed 3 people before he used his gun... Why no mention of knife control?

You can't legislate sanity into people, or violence out of them, and that is precisely why law abiding people should be able to protect themselves.

+1 more 
posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Yes, you can outlaw guns- but you can never get them out of the hands of criminals.
For every insane act by someone allowed to have a gun, there are hundreds more committed by someone who is not legally allowed to posses a gun. Funny how that never hits the media.
This kid had emotional problems for years. Seems it started when he was preteen, and diagnosed with ADHD. Like the majority of these incidents, he had been on psychotropic drugs, but the MSM focuses on the gun agenda, not the legalized personally-altering, mind-destroying doping of our children.
Take away the guns, and these poor drugged sick children will start using homemade bombs, molotov cocktails, knives, cars, nail guns- whatever they can come up with.
Instead of outlawing something, we should be focusing on, and addressing and treating the cause.

It seems that kid was living in pain for a lot of years, and he was hell-bent on making others hurt as much as he did. If he hadn't had access to a gun, there's a pretty good chance that he would have taken his fancy BMW and run it into a crowd of people somewhere.
We can either identify the root of the problem and deal with it, or start changing laws to eliminate access to a few of the tools that sick people can use.
No guns in America will not stop the killing. It will just require these people to choose another method.

edit on 1u77America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Too many as people will insist on killing each other over nothing ...
Doesnt matter if you take away their guns theres plenty of other ways they slaughter each other without guns ..

Until humanity grows up and learns to value life and stop acting like primitive savages nothing will change ..

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

You should ask yourself, why do I even need to use a gun?

Pause ...

People leave in fear and because of that more fear they create around them.

Pause again please...

Listen to this fathers voice. Really listen to him. Do you believe in him? ... Do you recognize the truth on his voice?

I'm a little guy from a little country, that doesn't understand how can people live safely, when everyone on the street can have gun and start shooting, just because...

You should ask again, why do you even need a gun?
edit on v2014146America/ChicagoMon, 26 May 2014 06:07:27 -05002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Look into what's happened in Australia after we brought in the very gun laws that you are endorsing. It lead to even more crimes by gun, with a dramatic increase in the use of stolen or unregistered guns.

I have just as much sympathy for the victims and their families as you have, but that does not mean that banning guns will achieve anything. What is to stop these shootings happening with an illegal, stolen or unregistered gun ? Please take into account how many unaccounted for guns there are in the US alone, even before bringing in new gun laws. A person that is going to shoot random people is going to find a gun eventually no matter what.

The gun that was used in the Port Arthur shooting, which was the incident that lead to Australia's gun laws, was already handed in at an early gun buy back scheme [notice that word scheme], and was listed as being scraped by Simms metals, the scraping company. Yet that gun then somehow became unscraped, unhanded in, and then found its way from Victoria to Tasmania to be used in the very shooting that then lead to our current gun laws.

Every since those laws were passed, it has been attack after attack by Australians politicians on Australian citizens. And the last thing stopping the US politicians from doing the same to US citizens is your guns, and your right to bare them. It was written into your Constitution for the very reason of being a last defence against a corrupt Government. There will always be people that people that pick up a gun and use it on people, and new gun laws will not stop this, or stop them from getting a gun.

Take it from someone who lives under the very laws that you suggest, IT DOES NOT WORK. In a perfect world it would work, but we do not live in a perfect world. If we did, we wouldn't need Constitutions to protect us from corrupt Governments in the first place.

Never ever forget that the people who benefit the most from newer tougher gun laws, are the very people the original laws were designed to protect you from !

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I hate guns, I despise them, and wish they had never been invented.

That being said, Pandora's box was opened when the founding fathers put the right to bear arms in the Bill of Rights. That document has been enshrined and held up as the 10 rights of all citizens that no one has the right to fool with for over 200 years. That puts those who oppose gun ownership on a mountain of an uphill battle, no matter how many people die.

On top of that, I don't think people realize just how many guns are in the US right now. There are between 270 and 310 million guns in the US. That's nearly 1 gun for man, woman, and child living here. That number doesn't take into account the guns owned by the various branches of the military, or by law enforcement.

If, by some miracle, three fourths of the states were to ratify an amendment, there is no way all of those guns are going to be confiscated. You're going to have career criminals, as well as ordinary citizens, hiding them.

Connecticut recently passed a law requiring all "assault rifles" to be registered. Only between 5 and 10% of the citizens complied. Under the law, the other 90% are now felons. That is how serious Americans take their rights.

Now you have to take into account the consequences of passing such a law. Say it is passed, all that is going to do is expand the black market for fire arm ownership. The US has 7514 miles of border. (12092km.) Then there is another 95000 miles (152888km) of ocean border. That is a lot of space for smugglers to bring in guns for those people who want them, and for those with the money they are going to get their guns one way or another.

If you think the war on drugs is bad, wait until you see what the war on guns would look like it if made it to this point.

From the pragmatic side of things, the US is handling guns about the best way we can right now, all things considered. The government can't confiscate all of them, we don't have a list of every owner to do so. Requiring such lists have proven to fail time and time again. Even if a list were successfully created, there is not enough manpower in the civilian law enforcement agencies to pull off confiscation before a majority of the guns are hidden.

If it were attempted, you would have more Waco and Ruby Ridge events. If you were to try to bring the military into it, you would be looking at the second US Civil War.

Do I know what the answer is to help lower the number of deaths due to guns in the US? No. I do know that banning them is not the answer though.

+8 more 
posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Yawwn....
WE GOT ANOTHER ONE...
Lemme splain to you.
If we take away all of the inanimate objects people use to kill, you would not be able to have your trinkets and baubles.
Cars kill more EVERYWHERE, do we wanna ban them?
It is not the item but the evil human that needs to be "fixed".

edit on 26-5-2014 by g146541 because: Spellar broked

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: tebyen
This right here, I can respect this mans stance and opinion!
He/she lays everything out very neatly on the table, as well as the counter side.
I do not care much for anti gunners, but I do respect a good opponent.
I would suggest that Pandora's box was opened upon the invention of the gun and not the constitution though.
Star to you for not being a sensationalist.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarksideOz
Look into what's happened in Australia after we brought in the very gun laws that you are endorsing. It lead to even more crimes by gun, with a dramatic increase in the use of stolen or unregistered guns.

Stop peddling bull#, that's not true at all. Please cite a credible source for that.

The mortality rate of gun-related deaths in Australia has dropped since stricter gun laws have been put in place here.

Gun Related Deaths:
Pre-Gun laws: 2.6 Deaths per 100,000 people - 1982-1995: 9,120 Deaths
Post-Gun laws: 1 Death per 100,000 people - 1995-2011: 4,111 Deaths

Gun Related Crimes:
Pre-Gun laws: 1995 - 27.8%
Post-Gun laws: 2011 - 12.1%

Sources:
Australian Bureau of Statistics
Australian Institute of Criminology
Gun Policy International

edit on 26-5-2014 by SaganTheGreat because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2014 by SaganTheGreat because: Fixed links

edit on 26-5-2014 by SaganTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
To DarksideOz and tebyen

There are no lost causes.

People who possess guns are tempted to use it. Why did they bought the gun in the first case?
- Fear from others ? What about the Fear of others from you?

Temptation is there, all the time, everyday. Kid's are very likely the more vulnerable ones, to break .. to do something unreflected.. we all have a bad day in our lives, don't we?

But, unreflected thoughts don't even have time to dissipate w/ time or a good night of sleep.. cause, it's always there.. the gun.. every day, at reach, every single moment, you know where to get it ... That shouldn't happen..

The water flows down stream, we know we can't stop her, but we can delay it.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Guns are a tool, nothing more.

I can abuse a 17mm wrench and an oil pan and drain the oil out of my neighbors car and chuckle about it blowing up.

Different tools are used for implementing different levels of vindictiveness.

Or they are properly used as a deterrent, like when I use the wrench and pan to change the oil in my car to deter engine wear and eventual early failure, I use a gun to project force at a distance when I have another about to project force against me who is not deterred by morals from doing so.

When vindictive feelings arise for whatever reason, the tool box best be left closed until the anger passes.

If the child had been hit by a car, I suppose we should all have our cars taken away too?.

Another issue is that loss of others regardless of age is unavoidable and causes frustration and anger because there is nothing anyone can do but blame someone else for something they don't have any control of either.

Once it comes out that it involves a child it becomes something other than simply a death, but still, that's all it is.

You go home and let the pain pass without blaming others, that's all you can do.

Some things just can't be fixed no matter what one does, like putting a sign on a business that concealed carry is not allowed only attracts the opportunists which would take comfort in being fairly certain that no person in that place is armed, and commit armed robbery there....

People are nothing more than just another animal which will take the easiest route to get what it needs to survive.

You don't see animals murdering one another for no good reason, at least to an educated eye...So I guess that makes us a lesser form of life in the animal kingdom and the cause of our own problems?.

Yes....
edit on 26-5-2014 by MyHappyDogShiner because: yes

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: g146541

I'll give you that; Pandora's box really was opened when guns were invented; the founding fathers just helped ensure we would always have them. While I'm personally against guns, as I think they make it to easy to take a life, I'm also against any law that outright bans anything.

Like it or not, firearms have their place in our world, and shouldn't be taken away.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Peanuts kill more people every year than terrorists. Should we bomb Georgia off the map?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Please don't take my 17mm wrench and oil collection pan bro, I need it to maintain and be able to drive my car and maybe hit a kid I didn't see who is riding around at night with no lights.

Take my tools....

Take my car....

Take the kid's bicycles away....

Illegalize darkness....

Safe?....

No....

People just refuse to accept reality at face value, and this in itself is a major cause of all that we find wrong with the world.

+2 more 
posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Don't you care at all about the first three people that were killed with a knife? I guess they don't count. It isn't about the people that were killed at all. It is about banning guns.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Toothpicks are the number one cause of choking deaths. Toothpicks are made of wood. Trees should be illegal.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
It isn't so much "guns" as it was the new-found ability to project force at a distance back then.

The real problem is you can't call stuff back after it is sent downrange.

Most people still don't quite understand that.

Decisions which cannot be reversed or changed mid-stream are not considered carefully enough.

Example : Going into DEBT.

Y'all know you're guilty of that, any regrets?....

a reply to: tebyen

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I was flipping through channels this morning and saw this video on MSNBC. They then brought in panelists to "debate" the topic of gun control. However, their panel only included those who were anti-gun, and they played this video several times.

How is it a debate if only one side is being represented? Their agenda is becoming more clear.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join