It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

408 Request Time-out! Anyone else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
For the past couple of weeks I have been getting this 408 time out when I click on threads, next page and even my I go back with browser arrow. It will not refresh either... its does it on about 75% of the threads I visit and Its only happens when I'm on ATS, no other sites I visit give me this problem.

408 Request Time-out

Your browser didn't send a complete request in time.

Anyone else being effected by this same time out page?

Its becoming a pain in thee *rse now TBH and I'm getting fed up, its putting me off clicking on threads I want to read.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Ezappa

I see those from time to time on various sites. Usually a good cleaning of the browser cache, computer restart, and a restart of modem modem/router will fix it.

If that doesn't do the trick, see if happens on another browser or if it is isolated to one. If it is more than one browser, that means its either your internet, or the site. If its isolated to one browser, then there is bad data somewhere. Uninstalling and re installing the browser might do the trick.

Let me know how it pans out!

DC

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Yes I get the same often, on ATS, I put it down to a slow internet connection.

After reading xDeadcowx answer I will have to look into this further.

Thxs X

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: xDeadcowx

Only happens on ATS. Every other site I visit is fine. I have cleared my browser history as I hadn't done that in 18 months
see if that helps! But never had problems until 2 weeks or so ago.

I'm quite savvy with PCs, I have been building them for 20 years. Computer is running as good as always.

Ill try another browser (Firefox) as well see how that goes. I am using chrome at moment.

edit on 26/5/14 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: keenasbro

I can't put it down to A so slow connection as I have 60mb optical line. never get speed problems unless its my provider messing up.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I get the same error frequently while using opera on android.As another poster said,it only happens on A.T.S. ,never saw it on another site.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I get it quite a lot thought it my be my iPad cause got fibre optic net

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Clearing cache and all the localized steps would be great if it was 1 person.
It happens to multiple people with multiple browsers on multiple different platforms using multiple transports.
Basic troubleshooting will tell you the one thing in common to all of that is ATS.

new topics

top topics

join