It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

expansions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
how hard would it be to make an expansion for a videogame? a bethesda game to be precise, i'm really curious because i have an idea for a fallout new vegas expansion. i have been playing fallout new vegas for a couple years now and after getting some wwII mods it made me think "fallout stalingrad" call me crazy but yeah. enlighten me about game engines

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: rockoperawriter

I don't know about Modding game engines and what have you but I do know that F:NV is one of my favorite games of all time. I've capped four different characters and had well over 160 hours wasted in the Mojave Wasteland. Ahh, good times, good times.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

dude my drummer has over 1600 hours. no but think though.... tanks, it being stalingrad you'd have glowing radyetis, the supermutants could be russian supersoldier experiments, hitler instead of mr. house, blizzards, chernobil glowing ones. i mean wwIII, history could be distorted and on the premise that hitler escaped to south america instead of killing himself, his consciousness could pass onto a computer program like mr. house, a nsdap following occurs after the 2077 nuclear war, supermutant uberkompanie, robostalin with a fatman which in this instance would be called czarbombadier, tanks! russian t37 against tigers and panzers, panzerfausts, ppsh41's, mp40's bayonets instead of switching to a bladed weapon, unit 731 being infested with ghost but ones more like you would see on a paranormal show. like corner of the eye and you see something really creepy like a girl crying in the corner then bam! she's a mutant with wierd scary mandibles, and you have to use silver weapons or ammo. the yetis have glwing eyes and if they see you their eyes will burn you due to their hybridization with aliens and they got laser eyes

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Varies by platform .. not sure on pc or icrap .. but for android try xda developers forums ..
There was an android version of fallout but it disappeared from market now .. shame as could do with more like that on android ..

Good luck on building your expansions ..
Seen some good game mods out there ..
Hard to find decent games specially with most these days requiring farcebook to login .. so limited on my choices as refuse to use farcebook ..

edit on 26/5/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/5/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

i only use facebook to promote my band. it's so full of nsa baloney that i feel compelled to thwart their bureaucratic attempts at shilldom. i see facebook as an attempt to apply sun tzus teachings on the will of the people by keeping up the morale of a small yet dedicated contingency and to speak with family members. in essence it is what in the game of go that we call a dame point. i will be certain to make my efforts come to fruition and am honored by your emotional support
edit on 26-5-2014 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2014 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Yeah, that would be pretty Rad. (Pun totally intended). I would need to check the Fallout Bible but... did FEV go beyond the US? I thought it was mainly in the states. But I can easily see it going to Eastern Europe/Russia via Alaska or something. Interesting... Actually I'm pretty sure the Awaken mod for Fallout Tactics was set in Poland and there were FEV critters there so... The Hitler trope would be awesome though.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Yeah, that would be pretty Rad. (Pun totally intended). I would need to check the Fallout Bible but... did FEV go beyond the US? I thought it was mainly in the states. But I can easily see it going to Eastern Europe/Russia via Alaska or something. Interesting... Actually I'm pretty sure the Awaken mod for Fallout Tactics was set in Poland and there were FEV critters there so... The Hitler trope would be awesome though.
the android version I played was a russian mod .. theres alot of games that bored russian kids port and mod .. overall they do good on it from the games Ive played that theyve modded .. a few ended up hired by game developers ..

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

i mean there is so much paranormal stuff, cryptozoological stuff, you can have a romanian quest where you go through that haunted forest clearing and have to fight through it. i mean artillery, you can have that going on, you could do the normandy invasion with the ncr, and the ghosts help you like off of lord of the rings

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: rockoperawriter thunderstorm coming in signal going ..
Its good for promoting your band .. look forward to seeing your mod from your ideas for it .. if you need a tester for an android version let me know be happy to help test the game ..

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
modding Fallout or Elder Scrolls is easy. even comes with a creation kit (or geck for fallout). There are people whom made entire new maps and adventures from fallout and elder scrolls.
Go check out the nexus for mods, else, fire up the kits and open up some tutorials on how to make your own mods. will take a bit of time to get used to the sdk, but it is actually pretty easy overall..just a lot to look at initially.

If your truly interested in doing a massive overhaul, check out the nexus forums for a dev team.
btw, I recommend waiting, FO4 will be out perhaps before the years end, so..might wanna wait to learn the new engine and geck verses learn something that may be outdated soonish...just hit the mods for now. Brazil and the like

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

fallout google earth comes to mind

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Do not worry about an expansion to fallout, there is talks of a new Fallout out game in the works, I can't wait, Fall out 3 is my favorite game, New Vegas was a pretty good successor to the series as well.
Check out these mods for new Vegas Click Here
Fallout 4 rumors Click Here

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

The elder scrolls games on PC comes with their construction set, it's pretty user friendly when it comes to creating structures and NPC's, but be prepared to lose a lot of hours. I spent at least ten hours building a house and a tavern and a few NPC's.

The good thing is it has helpful tutorials and introduces you to basic scripting. I know their are other modding programs but they can be pretty daunting unless you have the know how. I still have nightmares about Logowriter.

edit on 26-5-2014 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
man would i need a new pc for this.

new topics

top topics

join