Mexico Captured Alleged Cartel Capo Near Border

page: 1

join

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Hey, lets hear one for Mexico! They have been having some success here lately and this is a cartel specializing in the control of a U.S. border area.

The detainee was responsible "for the movement of drugs, money and weapons" for his own gang and for other criminal organizations that paid to use Tamaulipas' border with U.S., Rubido said.

In addition, Rubido said, "There are indications that he ordered mass kidnappings of undocumented migrants, who were forced to work for his group or, if they refused, were killed."
Source

I'd be interested to know how much and what all is being trans-smuggled for other organizations. However, maybe losing this guy will hurt a bit.

Given the growing brazen nature of what is happening with the drug war up and down the Mexican border (and awfully quiet on the media front for a lot of it), I'm sincerely happy when the Mexican officials get some luck and make a serious accomplishment. It's been a long and very rough war down there between the cartels and then between them all at once vs. the federal government.

It'd be nice for the normal folks down there if the chaos started to turn toward stability where it's been worst.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000
With his family and conveniently chilling on vacation?
I smell a rat.

edit on 26-5-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

That does seem odd for someone in his position. It sounds like he had no security at all. The article also notes he was in competition or contention (They don't make context real clear there) for overall command of the region.

I wonder if someone insured he was arrested to force personnel changes? I didn't think of them as being that subtle or using the law for such a problem, but who knows. Perhaps something more personal at work?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Using the law is a good way to take someone down when you don't want your fingerprints on it. Give them an anonymous credible tip and go about your business. In an organization where you need to maintain the appearance of loyalty to those above you getting an outside source to take down your rival is valuable. For example lets say there's a boss of an area and there's two lieutenants in contention to be moved up. The boss favors one but thinks of the other as a backup. You can't simply take out the one he favors without backlash, but if you get the law to do it, you accomplish your goals without the backlash.

Not knowing all the relationships involved with the guy they captured it's tough to say that was the case but it's not unheard of either.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Think the recent messages left for the DEA are connected to this story? It is the right region and this guy would be one of the DEA's top targets.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

Hey, lets hear one for Mexico! They have been having some success here lately...

It'd be nice for the normal folks down there if the chaos started to turn toward stability

Yes, our previous administration really created a whole bunch of that good ol' stability down here with his big Drug War. Now maybe the US can show us how its done and clean out some of their own drug-running factions from high places, maybe even quash the demand for such substances a little bit.

I was applauding states like Colorado and Washington and others that see the fallacy of all this and are really doing something to bring an end to the whole illicit drug trade scam. There really is only one way to put an end to all this and it looks like some are taking steps in the right direction.

That opium trade with China from a couple hundred years ago really showed the folks how to bring 'drug justice' to the world, didn't it? How did that all end up? Or did it?

edit on 26-5-2014 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

join