It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people happy to be ruled by Kings and Queens from FOREIGN countries?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Because with the passage of time they have lost sight of the fact that kings and clergy and politicians are really nothing more than people like them living an exorbitant lifestyle at their expense.

Only people who consider themselves above and have convinced the stupid ignorant masses that they actually are somehow.

They are the lowest of the low.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Strange such an issue would arise for discussion on Memorial Day....

A society is free, if every person is recognized as the exclusive owner of his own (scarce) physical body, if everyone is free to appropriate or “homestead” previously un-owned things as private property, if everyone is free to use his body and his homesteaded goods to produce whatever he wants to produce (without thereby damaging the physical integrity of other peoples’ property), and if everyone is free to contract with others regarding their respective properties in any way deemed mutually beneficial. Any interference with this constitutes an act of aggression, and a society is un-free to the extent of such aggressions.

Few Americans understand that all government action is inherently coercive. If nothing else, government action requires taxes. If taxes were freely paid, they wouldn’t be called taxes, they’d be called donations. If we intend to use the word freedom in an honest way, we should have the simple integrity to give it real meaning: Freedom is living without government coercion. So when a politician talks about freedom for this group or that, ask yourself whether he is advocating more government action or less.

People don't need to be led by anything other than their conscience, most people who desire to lead today don't really possess one of those and in turn their lack of conscience spreads to the cattle they lead, who emulate them in hopes of becoming them, like them, or looked upon kindly by them.

Subjects.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I'm a Brit (Welsh/Cornish hybrid) and I've never considered the monarchy to be my 'ruler'
I've never ever sung the national anthem 'God save the Queen' and have noticably stood silent while my brainwashed compatriots have broken into song around me.

The monarchy is an unfortunate throwback to the dark ages, and as a free-thinking peasant worker I shall celebrate the day when more people reject such undemocratic silliness and we move towards a republican future.
Maybe not in my lifetime, but slowly it will happen, hopefully hand in hand with the death of the Anglican church which the UK monarch is also curiously head of.

Dark ages for sure, it would be funny if it were not so true.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
Get real! I loathe it! Do you think I want some leaching family, who now has the audacity, because they are above the law, to trolley out Diana's son because he looks so like his Mother and some pretty skinny dolly and their beautiful young son as a means of saying 'Look we are lovely people really - just not like you lot who pay for us, one way or another.

Their lavish and obscenely wealthy lifestyle has been cut back a little on the surface, but that's only because technology has advanced and more modern trains, planes etc are so improved they prefer to use them.

I suspect they will stay in power because they are also the front for Rothschild who manages the Queen's 'loosely put estate' When that happens you see the rot dripping. The benefits of the people paying the vast sums for security for this little trolley load of leaches and their sycophants and their snobbish titles etc is very persuasive to the petty snobbishness of many subjects to think they might get a look in on the celebrity front. We know though from experience they kill if you offend them.

So don't you dare think I am brainwashed or stupid!

Wow, I take it you don’t have much affinity for the Royals. In all seriousness, I didn’t mean to offend. Especially somebody like you, who clearly is aware of their parasitic nature.

I actually congratulate you for that. I am not suggesting that the US or any other government does not have other, possibly more significant flaws. Thank you for your contribution.

edit on 26-5-2014 by ThinkingHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
I've never ever sung the national anthem 'God save the Queen' and have noticably stood silent while my brainwashed compatriots have broken into song around me.

The monarchy is an unfortunate throwback to the dark ages,
the Anglican church which the UK monarch is also curiously head of.

Good for you.

And you are right about the Church being in cahoots with Royalty (and often democracies). There is a lot of disinformation to be deconstructed.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
George V famously grumbled "I may be uninspiring, but I'll be damned if I'm an alien!" He did not feel German.

No, it was simply political expediency. He went to war with it. Why do you think they changed the name to Windsor? Because they didn't feel ....?

George I and George II were Germans. George III was not, being born in Britain and feeling British.

Then why did George III marry Charlotte from Germany? Coincidence?
Why did his son George IV marry Caroline from Germany?
Why did his son William IV marry Adelaide from Germany?
Why did the second son of George III, Edward, Duke of Kent & Strathearn marry Victoria from Germany?
Why did his daughter Victoria marry Prince Albert from Germany?
Because they felt British?

Sorry, with all due respect, when something this obvious doesn't hit you, I believe it shows of being brainwashed. (Obviously, this happens with the subject not being aware of it.)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ThinkingHuman

George Washington was offered being king as well as every British monach who killed his predecessor and took over..... Every monachy had to start somewhere. So someone crowned a king to kick it all off. Th pretty sure Vikings "elected" kings having trial by combats and such.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I remember being given a commemorative book in primary school (1982) when Charles and Diana got married, I got told off by a teacher when I asked why these people were supposed to be so important compared to anyone else getting married that day. I wasn't actually trying to be impudent, I just couldn't understand why anyone cared.
...thanks to my late father for not brainwashing me into royalist sentiments.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
Some people just need to be lead, and the idea of being part of something bigger just thrills some.
To die for king and crown is actually a want in some minds.
Silly...

Not really. We don't think dieing for your country or to protect your president or family is silly.... Depending on the situation it makes you a hero.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Anyone ever seen the theory that the royal line isn't royal. That one of the past kings wife banged an archer and a bastard got the throne. The big chin we see on Henry the 8th is supposedly from the archer. The line before the affair all had weak chins.... Plus if I'm right, most of the royal monsters England had were all descendent a of the archer.
edit on 26-5-2014 by ArtemisE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
a reply to: Thorneblood

Regardless of what you might think, people need leaders.

Regardless of what to might NOT think, there will always be those that can't find the fortitude to walk their own path.

And in your mind, fortitude and loyalty are mutually exclusive?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

originally posted by: g146541
Some people just need to be lead, and the idea of being part of something bigger just thrills some.
To die for king and crown is actually a want in some minds.
Silly...

Not really. We don't think dieing for your country or to protect your president or family is silly.... Depending on the situation it makes you a hero.

The discussion was on royalty not American presidents.
And do you really believe what you wrote??
This exact reason is why the US military forces adopted the slogan, "Don't die for your country, make them die for theirs".
Some folks just want to be remembered no matter the cost.
Silly.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Because it was the custom for royal families to marry into other royal families, and there were more "royal" families within Germany than anywhere else in Europe.
And the law forbade them to marry Catholics, which left them with Germany or Scandinavia.

Were you born in England? If you were, then there is a 100% probability that you had ancestors coming from overseas. Does that make you feel "foreign"?

edit on 26-5-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: g146541

I believe governments are governments. No matter which political system you have. It depends on who you put in charge as to how well the people are treated. There is no difference fighting and dieing in a war for your democracy or your monachy. Both can fight "good" wars and both can start evil wars. It would depend totally on the situation weather it was a stupid death or not.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Exactly. Maybe those criticising them for marrying foreigners can all prove that all of their ancestors for the past 250 years were all born in their country? I guess that would exclude most Americans .....

btw, as an aside, the Queen owns Sandringham and Balmoral. Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle belong to the country, as with all the other 'Crown Estates'.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Because it was the custom for royal families to marry into other royal families,

Yes, and why did they not want to mix with non-Royals, no matter how smart or beautiful they were?
Do you really not see the irony of this custom? Not only that it locks out the population from any chance of ever accessing their class, but even more importantly it destroys the sovereignty of these European countries.

Were you born in England? If you were, then there is a 100% probability that you had ancestors coming from overseas. Does that make you feel "foreign"?

We all came from Africa but I am not arguing about something many generations ago. I am talking, during those two centuries, they chose their spouse from Germany - not in the majority of cases but without exception.

And even today, the husband of Elizabeth II is of a "House" in Germany, born in Greece to Greek and Danish families, educated in France, England and Germany. If this was a businessman I would say this is a great resume, but for a head of State I wonder if his allegiance is truely where it should be - in addition to the question of why to have royalty in the first place, if they really hold no power.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

But were they not defendants from precious royalty in England?

USA doesn't have a monarchy so I'm not too familiar with specifics but do find it interesting.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThinkingHuman
in addition to the question of why to have royalty in the first place, if they really hold no power.

Since they have no power, their origin really does not matter, does it?
Causes no harm. Complete storm in a tea-cup.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiguelTheMagician
But were they not descendants from previous royalty in England? (spelling coprrected)

USA doesn't have a monarchy so I'm not too familiar with specifics but do find it interesting.

Not necessarily, the line of succession says "the closest relative". Since they inter-marry with other Royalty from other countries, sometimes the closest relative is somebody who never set a foot on English soil, and who does not speak English.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

What a load of cobblers.
The present Queens mother ( Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon ) has NO German blood, she is from pure 100% British stock.
The future king William ( Mother Lady Diana Spencer has NO German blood, pure 100% British stock), and his wife Kate Middleton , future Queen Of England ( who's mother is 100% pure British Stock)

So what point are you trying to make?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join