It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

What is wrong with this world? (Lead poisoning)

page: 1

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:46 PM
(Would poison fall under the "disease" forum?)

I was reading this article:

The U.S government began reducing the lead gas content [in gasoline] in 1972 and completely banned it in 1996.

Why? Why would it take 24 years? Honestly, if I was President, I would have put a moratorium on all gasoline-infused with lead pollution. Ah, but good ole' Nixon was President.

But the dangers of lead poisoning were not unknown to us in the 1920s, who in their right minds would ever think it a good idea to add lead to gasoline? Oh, that's right, your precious rich and elite of the world (that the each of you still worship like the false idols they are).

In 2012, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention lowered the acceptable blood lead level to a 5 micrograms/dl, a mere fraction of the acceptable levels only 30 years earlier. In reality, even this seemingly “low” amount represents too high an acceptable level in a child’s body and brain. The only safe lead level is no lead.

Yes, the only safe lead level is NO lead. When will this world learn that lead is not something to play with.

Let us wake up. Under capitalism, We the People are ignored. Lead poisoning will continue and many other horrors, like pesticides in our food and GMOs, until we put an end to such a corrupt economic system. As Muldar would say, the truth is out there, but money tells us a different truth.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:41 AM
a reply to: iosolomon
LEAD is not dangerous, I have been handling it for a long time now almost on a daily basis.
Wash your face and hands.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:47 AM
a reply to: g146541

Lead is not dangerous.

Are you trolling me? Or are you one of the scientists that Big Lead has paid off to tell us that lead is safe? Either way, if you sincerely believe that lead is not dangerous, then have your children live in a house where they can taste leaded-paint chippings, and start mixing your wine with lead to make it taste sweeter, and convert all your pipes to lead so when you shower, the water runs through lead pipes.

Then, if you do all that, and you want to say to me, "Lead is not dangerous, I bathe, drink, and eat it on a daily basis," I will say to you, "Tell me that in 20 years." And 20 years later, you will have gone insane, and I can say to any other naysayers, "Lead is dangerous. See what has happened to this sad person."

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:04 PM
a reply to: iosolomon

"Big Lead"?

Sorry, I had to laugh at that.

Anyway, lead was added to fuel because it increased the octane rating. It was called Tetraethyllead and I think in this form it was dangerous. Other than that, lead is pretty harmless.

I wouldn't be chewing on any lead solder or anything, but it's safe to handle as long as you wash your hands as the other member stated.

new topics

top topics