It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Strategy if Russia invades Ukraine.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
If Russia invaded Ukraine and the U.S. didn't necessarily want to take on Russia directly, would it be a good idea to go into Iran? Considering the growing threat of Iran.

+3 more 
posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Better idea .. the u.s stay home and mind its own damn business for once rather than murdering more people so the politicians and corporations can earn their bloodmoney..

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Better idea .. the u.s stay home and mind its own damn business for once rather than murdering more people so the politicians and corporations can earn their bloodmoney..

I wish it were that simple. But with things like, Iran’s Supreme Leader: Jihad Will Continue Until America is No More, I know we need to be doing all we can to stop Iran from making "America no more". That includes making Iran no more.
edit on 25-5-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The strategy against a Ukrainian invasion would likely hinge on air power.....
The Western powers would be likely to fly cap over the |Ukrainian forces....
This is about the quickest reaction force the west could deploy, (and the reason A10s and growlers got a years extension on their life spans from the senate)
Tank busting aircraft would be at a premium should Russian forces try to take the Ukraine.
As far as Iran goes, should hostility in the Ukraine get furious....I would expect the Israelis to mount that attack single handed with Saudi collusion on overflight....

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The best tactic in the Ukraine would be to supply the Ukrainians and Tartar with arms and intel. The Russians simply could not provide the manpower to occupy Ukraine. In fact they may even have a hard time winning a straight up conventional figh with Ukraine. The Russian move in Georgia was a mess and now in Ukraine they would be out numbered and unable to commit a very large force because of fear of Western intervention. I could see the Russians grabbing the east but ending up in a stalemate in the western Ukraine. That would lead to nothing but, a mess. If NATO got involved the Russians would simply have to pull back to its borders and hope NATO did not follow.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Yaaawwnn.. spare me the propaganda junior ..

Neither is a direct threat to you or your country ..
Unless you think it worth murdering so bidens son can profit from the oil in ukraine - can bet he wont be out there putting his arse on the line ..

As far as iran goes the u.s still pissed that the iranians tossed out their puppet the shah back in 79 ..

Funny how all the buggers who scream for war have never been in it .. otherwise theyd have second thoughts..

Your masters in d.c must have offered you a bonus from their bloodmoney with all the propaganda youve been spouting lately .. or maybe you just like licking their boots like the good little minion that you are ..

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

So did you post this thought of yours after you played battlefield 3 or 4? this reminds me of some posts before the war in Iraq started and the majority of those whom were in favor for the war had played some video games before the made decision.

Apparently the war in Iraq you have learned nothing from it.
edit on 26-5-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

The majority of the users would seem to disagree with you on that.

The best tactic in the Ukraine would be to supply the Ukrainians and Tartar with arms and intel. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hows that Proxy War in Syria doing again? oh yeah arming the fascist Ukrainians is such a grand Strategy. In fact your starting to sound more like John McCain.
edit on 26-5-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Funny how all the buggers who scream for war have never been in it .. otherwise theyd have second thoughts.. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

They are apparently having an war orgasm after they have finished playing there video game which ever battlefield game has the Russians in it. Now they somehow feel that America is the whole mighty nation and therefore no other nation nor Russia can defeat her.

I know the thinking patterns of the war mongers believe me Expat888 when i say this if those whom have posted in favor of war with Russia or whichever nation.

They dont know anything about the wars nor whats it like in the battlefield.

Should the war mongers in here or those in DC ever see a war in there homelands and see there friends,cats,pets,children dying or being raped in front of there eyes.

There first few words would be, Mommy! stop this!, i hate war.

Believe me when i say this. And lol when i see posts made by war mongers i just laugh.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

NATO sure did a fine job in Libya didn't they? they created a chaotic state.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

Should the war mongers in here or those in DC ever see a war in there homelands and see there friends,cats,pets,children dying or being raped in front of there eyes.

That's the point. Iran wants to destroy America. Better we take the fight to their land than they bring the fight here. If we don't do anything, that will be what happens.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Believe me when i say this. And lol when i see posts made by war mongers i just laugh.

I always liked calling them chicken hawks. Because, it's usually made by people too scared to join the military (chicken), but they want to go to war all the time (hawks). I know you probably know, just explaining to everyone else. And yeah, we need to elect Ron Paul, and stop intervening in everyone's business, and killing people around the world.

We can go with isolationism for a while, I think.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

That's the point. Iran wants to destroy America. Better we take the fight to their land than they bring the fight here. If we don't do anything, that will be what happens.

Of course they want your leaders destroyed and US changed in it's current shape. US Military is an mercenary force for Saudi Arabian interest that want to get the Persian land for the Arabic Sunni Fundamentalists. Even when Wahhabi movement funded by Saudi Arabian interest attack you in 911 you choose not to go after the source of the problem but use the situation to gain more control in the middle east for Saudi Arabia. Just to make it clear it is Saudi Arabia that control many Wahhabi cells that attack in US and Russia to get the response they want. The last attack in Russia was over the gas line thru Syria. And US is so easily controlled by propaganda to do exactly what the manipulators want them to. Funny how Bush and House of Saud with the military complex can get US citizen to do anything they want. Deny Ignorance WTF.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

originally posted by: Expat888

I wish it were that simple. But with things like, Iran’s Supreme Leader: Jihad Will Continue Until America is No More, I know we need to be doing all we can to stop Iran from making "America no more". That includes making Iran no more.

then gather your buddies, go over there, and start shooting it up....nobody is stopping you

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

The majority of the users would seem to disagree with you on that.

The best tactic in the Ukraine would be to supply the Ukrainians and Tartar with arms and intel. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hows that Proxy War in Syria doing again? oh yeah arming the fascist Ukrainians is such a grand Strategy. In fact your starting to sound more like John McCain.

What are jabbering about? This is what your trying to compare.

You have Syria a nation that fell into a multi sided civil war do to its own army defecting. After a couple years the US decided to send non lethal aid, then suspended it then after almost a year started it again leading to so far the US providing some food and medical supplies. Certain rebels do get some support from the Turks and the Arab states provide some of them arms that they but from the same people selling the weapons to Assad, the Russians. It is kind ironic that all 5 sides in the war have one thing in common, they are being armed by the Russians.

Then you have a scenerio where Russia invades the Ukraine. In that scenerio intel support and providing arms to the Ukrainian army and resistance groups is a smart move unless NATO perfered to get directly involved. We know the Russias have serious problems in its armed forces beyond its elite units so a conflcit of a few weeks dealing with both a conventional force and insurgents would lead to huge problems for the Russians. Failures in leadership, supply, navigation and communications were glaring in Georgia. Only the limited scale, huge local superiority of forces and brief duration of the combat limited those problems. A larger longer conflict would not be something the Russians would want.

So in summery trying to compare a civil war in Syria fought by 5 sides all armed with Russian weapons to and hypothetical invasion of Ukraine by Russia makes where the West supplies the Ukraine with weapons and intel makes no logical sense.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Since Iran is not part of Russia, invading Iran would have no effect on what Russia was doing in Ukraine.
In fact the Russian Cabinet would break out the bottles of champagne; "Oh, good, they're getting themselves tangled up in something over there; that kills off any danger that they might interfere with what we're doing here".
Bad strategy.

edit on 26-5-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I am sure that supposed "until America is no more" statement is subject to different interpretations by different people and entities who desire certain results from our responses to what was supposedly said.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I were gunner say bout the same zact thang...

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
The best tactic in the Ukraine would be to supply the Ukrainians and Tartar with arms and intel. The Russians simply could not provide the manpower to occupy Ukraine. In fact they may even have a hard time winning a straight up conventional figh with Ukraine. The Russian move in Georgia was a mess and now in Ukraine they would be out numbered and unable to commit a very large force because of fear of Western intervention. I could see the Russians grabbing the east but ending up in a stalemate in the western Ukraine. That would lead to nothing but, a mess. If NATO got involved the Russians would simply have to pull back to its borders and hope NATO did not follow.

The best bet if you want to destabilize Russia would be to covertly supply arms especially man launched ground to air missiles to take down their air power as well as tons of anti tank rockets. The idea would be to draw Russia into a non winnable war of insurrection where Ukrainians fight for their freedom with covert Western aid. Draw them into a prolonged war that will cost them to much in money and lives so their (Russian) people begin to revolt. Try and make it last as long as possible to draw down Russian economy and resources.

Russias military is not on par with US military in capability to fight in cities and urban combat. Guerilla war fare would ensure Vlad gets stuck and cannot continue to be arrogant and scare his neighbors. It would overall weaken Russian forces and economy resulting in a weaker Russia in general. Not unlike how Iraq and Afghanistan have weakened USA. Russia can't survive it though like USA did they just don't have the resources too do what USA does.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

originally posted by: MrSpad

The best bet if you want to destabilize Russia would be to covertly supply arms especially man launched ground to air missiles to take down their air power as well as tons of anti tank rockets. The idea would be to draw Russia into a non winnable war of insurrection where Ukrainians fight for their freedom with covert Western aid. Draw them into a prolonged war that will cost them to much in money and lives so their (Russian) people begin to revolt. Try and make it last as long as possible to draw down Russian economy and resources.

Russias military is not on par with US military in capability to fight in cities and urban combat. Guerilla war fare would ensure Vlad gets stuck and cannot continue to be arrogant and scare his neighbors. It would overall weaken Russian forces and economy resulting in a weaker Russia in general. Not unlike how Iraq and Afghanistan have weakened USA. Russia can't survive it though like USA did they just don't have the resources too do what USA does.

If the US really wanted to mess with Russia they would begin shipping arms to the Caucasus region as well. Another full scale insurection their this time with logistical and weapons support would a disaster for Russia. Of course the US does not want to see a Russia in chaos because that could lead to all kinds of trouble on its borders areas.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join