It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China, Russia start joint naval exercise

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Training exercises are important. Saying that its just training is stupid. I certainly wouldn't read into it to much, but it certainly does mean they are training for a purpose.. To fight together against someone

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BattleStarGal

"China and Russia start joint naval excercises today"..." Both vessels involved sunk after being deemed not seaworthy "

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: lobograndemalo
Training exercises are important. Saying that its just training is stupid. I certainly wouldn't read into it to much, but it certainly does mean they are training for a purpose.. To fight together against someone

the other purpose for military exercises is to maintain proficiency within ones armed forces, in addition to maintain proficiency between the armed forces of more than once country, to demonstrate capabilities to those who might want to do harm to us and most importantly - to build confidence with nations that don't trust each other.

It can prevent a mistake from occurring that could lead to war.

military exercises are just as important as the open skies agreement. That program allows over flights of countries with short notice with no restrictions on what they can view. Its designed to allow nations to answer some of their own questions about a particular country without having to resort to guessing and by extension, a possible war over a miscalculation / misunderstanding.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

originally posted by: Gianfar

originally posted by: MrSpad
It is not that the press supress it, it is simply not a story. China and the US just had joint execersise a couple months ago and will do so again in June. Before Russias adventure into Crimea the US and Russia had exercises on a regular basis. Outside of Iran, North Korea, Cuba and a few other places everybody pretty much conducts exercises with everybody. I would expect some possible coverage of China joining in RIMPAC but, only because that is largets naval exercises on earth and China can see what something like that looks like and the US can see what state the Chinese Navy is in. They came off looking antiquated in the recent search for the missing plane so I expect they will want to repair that view. A military exercise with Russia smaller out old fleet is much different than with the US Navy.

I doubt we'll be conducting military exercises with Russia or China anytime soon now. There is a developing economic and military alliance between them and this is big news. It means that there's a paradigm shift away from western interests, toward the combined territorial and economic interests of the other two. The US will not be able to stand against that due to the inter-dependencies of global economics. If the US attempts to oppose the new axis, it will be punished economically and in other ways we perhaps haven't thought of in these posts. No doubt, the State Dept already has a long list of retaliatory moves that can be taken on all sides. The question is, does the US want to open the Pandora's box and risk retaliatory actions that could tip the economy into a free fall?

China is joining the US exercise RIMPAC next month for the first time and that thing lasts a month.
Last month China invited the US to military exercises but, the US declines because Japan was not invited. China and Russia have some things in common and many things not in common. China's clash with Russia close friend Vietnam along with Russia selling advanced weapons to Vietnam and India to be used against China are just part of the problems between the two. They will deal with each other on certains issues and screw each other over on others. The one thing they will not do is sacrifice anything for each other. China would not even give Russia backing in the UN over Crimea because it would damage ties to the US. And while the US is vital to China's economy, Russia is not and as long as that holds true China will never cement any realshionship with Russia.

My definition of a Sino-Russo alliance doesn't mean they are cementing a close, permanent relationship. My main concern is the accelerated weakening of the US dollar as a global currency, which is hastened by an official agreement between Russia and China to trade with currencies 'other' than the dollar. They are doing this to avoid financial loss as the dollar devaluates, due to the mass quantity of dollars being printed and cycled into a failing economy. If you understand economics, you'll know what that means for Americans. In other words, they (Chinese, Russian economists) see the writing on the wall and are already counting their losses.

I'm aware of former Sino-Soviet disparities during the cold war and the opposing framework of objectives, which may overlap or conflict, but historically adversaries often unite against their competitors in ways that are not always obvious to the average person.

Besides the economic alliance against the dollar, my concerns are also related to Russian and Chinese incontrovertible agenda aimed at incursions into traditionally forbidden territories, such as Eastern Europe (Ukraine) and the South China Sea (Southeast Asia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Philippines). The complexity of our finances with Russia and China allow them to stretch beyond the limits of diplomacy, and this is a bad sign in political circles. What we are seeing in the Sino-Russo pact as a flagrant violation of diplomacy and international rules of engagement, began with the US invasion into Iraq based on fabricated intelligence by the Bush White House.

The Russians and Chinese objected vehemently due to their contracts that involved strategic petroleum projects, pipelines and so forth, which would have created a renewed petroleum cycle for the Eastern Consortium (namely China and Russia). The US basically grabbed this land (Iraq and Afghanistan) and its untapped resources from Russia and China, who already had pipelines and other oil development projects in the region. If it helps, I can tell you that (in February 2003, weeks prior to the Iraq invasion) there was a private conversation with a former NSA analyst familiar with the strategic concerns of petroleum economics. I was told that petroleum assets were the number one reason for the Iraq invasion and that 911 was the cover story. This was why Pres. Bush shifted the focus from capturing Bin-laden in Tora Bora (Afghanistan) to the sudden appearance of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

You can read into it as you like or reject it all together. The fact is that whatever you are gleaning from public sources really doesn't get to the matter. The inner workings of the government and what their agendas really entail is a very deep and far reaching scenario entailing plans that cover decades into the future.

I think what's really being said here, is that America preempted the eastern petroleum consortium (Russia, China) in its long range plans to fulfill its fuel needs required for industrial expansion.

The equivalent retaliation (tit-for-tat) is being exacted in Russia's land grabs in Crimea and Ukraine, as well as China's preemption on well known oil deposits off the coast of Vietnam. This is the tip of the iceberg and believe me, every American man, woman and child is going to pay a heavy economic price for the debts and economic losses coming as the result of incompetent executive politics.

edit on 26-5-2014 by Gianfar because: grammar, arraingement

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Thank you for enlightening me.
I've never been involved in any training exercises, especially the ones in the Middle East, zAfrica, or Japan/Korea.

J/k, I've been in several Joint Training Exercises.. I guess the additional stuff you listed could be possible, but in my experience the US always uses training exercises as a show of force and for real time training. I couldn't imagine that other nations would be any different.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Gianfar

Actually I think you could sum your Russia-China relationship as détente.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: lobograndemalo
a reply to: Xcathdra

Thank you for enlightening me.
I've never been involved in any training exercises, especially the ones in the Middle East, zAfrica, or Japan/Korea.

J/k, I've been in several Joint Training Exercises.. I guess the additional stuff you listed could be possible, but in my experience the US always uses training exercises as a show of force and for real time training. I couldn't imagine that other nations would be any different.

My apologies then. I did not mean to come across as a condescending ass.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join