It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dungeon Fighter Online is the Greatest Beat-Em-Up!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
At least, in my opinion.

Dungeon Fighter Online is a free-to-play (beat-em-up) MMO from South Korea, with some RPG elements. It used to be owned by Nexon America (the same company that owns Dragons Nest, Vindictus, Combat Arms, Atlantica Online, Maple Story etc.).

Around a year ago, the game was shut down. Their reasoning was because of a lack of popularity. They blamed the player base for this, and ever since then, we have hoped for it's return.

Fortunately, for us, it has done just that!

For those of you that have never heard of it, I present you, Dungeon Fighter Online!

The game allows you to play as a number of classes. The classes are Fighter, Slayer, Male Gunner, Female Gunner, Mage, Priest, Thief, Male Fighter, and Male Mage. With more classes to come, such as the Destroyer, Creator, Female Slayer, and Knight.

To expand on the classes further, mostly each one has four subclasses to advance to (The exceptions being Thief and Male Mage for now). Here is a quick rundown as to the names of these classes.

Male/Female Gunner can advance to: Ranger, Spitfire, Launcher, and Mechanic.

Female/Male Fighter advances to: Striker, Grappler, Nen Master, and Brawler.

Slayer advances to: Blade Master, Berserker, Asura, and Soul Bender.

Mage advances to: Elementalist, Battle Mage, Summoner, and Witch.

Priest advances to: Crusader, Monk, Exorcist, and Avenger.

Thief advances to: Rogue and Necromancer.*

Male Mage advances to: Elemental Bomber and Glacial Master.*
*Two more to come in the future

Aside from the Gunners, which have very similar skill sets, every class is very different from one another. Even if the only difference by name only seems to be their gender (or in the Fighters case, even the subclass names).

I will provide more video of some of the classes in action to help anyone interested get a feel of how different each one is.

As for the purpose I created this topic....

The developers of the game, Neople, have decided to make a global version of the game, and so no matter where you live, if you can see this topic, you can play the game.

Here is the link to their Facebook: www.facebook.com...

Here is the link to the site to download the game and start playing: dnf.neople.com...

I hope you'll give the game a try and help catapult it into the popularity it so deserves. It needs as much help as you can give it.

A note: The game is currently in Alpha Test at this moment. However, this is not a typical Alpha, as this game has been out before; it's not a new game. Not to mention, as I said, anyone can use their Facebook (or create one) and just start playing. They are gauging the popularity of the game to see if it is worth really going all out with it in the English speaking territories.

Any progress you make in the game may or may not be wiped at the end of this phase (whenever it is). So play immediately at your own risk. I do encourage you to play, of course; but you should know that going in.
edit on XMaypmvAmerica/ChicagoSun, 25 May 2014 16:17:47 -0500172014-05-25T16:17:47-05:00k by JudgeEden because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This was definitely one of my main games that I played heavily in my MMO days and I'm glad you made this topic as it has rekindled my interest for this game, and I'll be checking it out again.

...Do I really need an FB account for this now

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JudgeEden

This video just gave me a seizure.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
In this post, I will post videos of classes with a similar theme that are very different from each other. Also, keep in mind some of these videos may be a little fuzzy. I did my best to get the best quality videos I could find.

Oh and, please, disregard any 'Nexon' logos. They have absolutely no part in the games reemergence.

Female Fighter - Striker

Male Fighter - Striker

Now, for the Mages.

Mage - Elementalist

Male Mage - Elemental Bomber

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: JudgeEden

This video just gave me a seizure.

I'm sorry, that was not my intention.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Versus
This was definitely one of my main games that I played heavily in my MMO days and I'm glad you made this topic as it has rekindled my interest for this game, and I'll be checking it out again.

...Do I really need an FB account for this now

Yeah, you do. I doubt they're forcing this for the long term, but it is the case for now. I wasn't so happy about that either.

Oh yeah, and you're welcome! I'm happy to reignite another DFO player's interest in the game.

edit on XMaypmvAmerica/ChicagoSun, 25 May 2014 15:47:55 -0500472014-05-25T15:47:55-05:00k by JudgeEden because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Here are the four subclasses for the Slayer class.

edit on XMaypmvAmerica/ChicagoSun, 25 May 2014 16:36:45 -0500362014-05-25T16:36:45-05:00k by JudgeEden because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
This next series of videos show off the Priest subclasses.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
This next series will show off the Mage subclasses. I will be excluding the Elementalist as it's been posted already; and in it's place, is the Glacial Master.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This next series will show first, the Thief subclasses; then the Fighter subclasses (excluding the Striker).

Now, the Fighter.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This next series will show the Male Gunner subclasses. Female Gunner coming soon!

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Here is the Female Gunner, along with the Male Fighter (minus the Striker).

Next, Male Fighter.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well, that's it, those are all the classes in the game thus far. However, if you want to see the coming classes, look no further.

These first two (Dark Knight and the Creator) are more like your miscellaneous classes, as they don't have subclasses. They are a class of their own.

Now for the Female Slayer.

Here is one of the Knight subclasses.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Just so everyone knows, this game IS controller compatible. So whether you have a PC gamepad, Xbox 360 controller, or a PS3 controller, you can use it to play this game. Make sure you use Xpadder though so you can have better flexibility.

top topics

join