It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vet Allegedly Beaten To Death At VA Hospital

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Vets have been treated like crap long before obama has been around. He cant control things like this. This isn't a problem with policy, it's a problem with heavy handed security. It is not policy to step on necks and beat down people who are trying to leave.

Just pointing out that you are directly blaming obama for this one security teams abuse of a vet. I dont like him either but i cant make the jump in logic to lay this at his feet.

a reply to: bobs_uruncle

edit on 27-5-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

The buck has to stop someplace. Otherwise we are all buying into the "no-accountability, no-responsibility" BS being promoted by the government through their action, inaction, negligence or plain good-old-fashioned stupidity.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

The buck has to stop someplace. Otherwise we are all buying into the "no-accountability, no-responsibility" BS being promoted by the government through their action, inaction, negligence or plain good-old-fashioned stupidity.

Cheers - Dave

Im saying the buck stops with those guards. They took the action that led to the death of this man. They are responsible. Not anyone else. Maybe the hospital itself,since they were employees there, but surely no further.

If one of those guards stole the till or raped a ward of the hospital, would you blame Obama for that? Of course not.
edit on 28-5-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Cheers - Dave

Im saying the buck stops with those guards. They took the action that led to the death of this man. They are responsible. Not anyone else. Maybe the hospital itself,since they were employees there, but surely no further.

If one of those guards stole the till or raped a ward of the hospital, would you blame Obama for that? Of course not.

Well, let's just see what happens to the guards and who put the policies in place to allow them to use unreasonable force. If there are policies that allow unreasonable force, then the responsibility rests with whomever put those policies in place and ultimately, up the chain of command to Obama. When I worked for the military, if my subordinates screwed up, I was responsible. If I put negligent or stupid people in positions of responsibility, I was still responsible because they were my decisions to put those people in place.

If the guards get charged and convicted of murder, then the system works and I concede to your argument. I think that's pretty fair.

Ultimately, there has to be responsibility and accountability, otherwise we live within a fascist dictatorship.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

These days, I believe it. Bad care, planned by the administration, and if you try to leave, the cops come and kill you. So, not trusting the military has become killing off the military. Rules of engagement meant to endanger the troops, slashed benefits, including medical, and veterans being killed for trying to get medical care.

Can't wait to hear the lame excuses from the White House.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: rival
He could have left the hospital without incident, but he wanted
to leave the hospital with the needle in his arm. He wanted it left in
because it is a big damn needle and he didn't want to have to
go thru the procedure twice.

The nurses didn't want him to leave because it was dangerous for
him to leave with the shunt still in place.

So the cops showed up to keep him from doing something that might
bring harm to himself.

...'cause that's their job.

So, leaving with an IV shunt in his arm is so dangerous, they had to kill him? Are you kidding?!?!?!?!?

No, that is not their job.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: theinsolentfish

Since when is it a CRIME to leave a hospital, anyway? Why would one need permission to do so? The hospital isn't responsible if you check out without a doctor's approval, but that doesn't give them the right to even call police, much less give the police the right to tackle a patient, and try to force them to stay! It's a hospital, not a damn prison!

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
So what happened to common sense? The sense that steps back and tries to make sense of things? You are (SHOULD BE) your own master in a hospital situation...If you plainly state that you are leaving of your own accord...no one should tackle you or restrain you...you have not committed a crime. Everyone knows the dregs of society apply and are considered for these sorts of jobs...Because largely we simply don't care about our veterans and our seniors...I implore that those with elders in homes or otherwise be vigilant with their care...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join