It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vet Allegedly Beaten To Death At VA Hospital

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
God just when you think it can't get any worse! This is just pathetic!

A California woman says Veterans Administration hospital guards beat her husband to death after he waited four hours for dialysis.

Norma Montano says her husband of 44 years, Jonathan, died of a stroke on June 11, 2011, after he was beaten and had his carotid artery stomped by VA guards. Montano says the hospital also lied to her about what happened to her husband

- See more at: www.opposingviews.com...

www.opposingviews.com...

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Dude survives war, comes home only to get killed by his own countrymen… (for being impatient).

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

This is horrible, he's free to leave if he wishes as a hospital is not a prison or jail

Good grief! Enter the hospital for dialysis, leave in a body bag after being beaten to death. RIP.

"The summoned VA Police Department police officers then stopped Jonathan Montano from leaving the VA Hospital in Loma Linda, by tackling him to the floor, slamming his head on the floor, and kneeing and stomping on his neck, and otherwise brutalizing and restraining him,” the suit says.
"This kneeing and stomping on his neck by the VA Police Department police officers caused the dissection of his carotid artery, that resulted in immediate (or very soon thereafter) blood clotting, which resulted in [his] suffering a stroke,” it says.
“Moreover, the brutalization of Jonathan Montano resulted in him suffering other serious physical injuries, and associated physical, mental and emotional pain, suffering and distress." - See more at: www.opposingviews.com...

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Since when did it become a crime to leave a hospital AMA? I guess the VA thinks it's special that way.

The VA has been an utter disgrace for decades upon decades. I saw it when my grandfather had to be treated and I have seen it since. I am thoroughly disgusted by what has been coming to light... but am sincerely glad that it is finally happening. I hope it spurs some of the massive changes that it has needed for far too long.

Just absolutely appalling and disgusting. I hope she wins her suit with enough monetary gain her children's, children's, children won't have to work. Maybe the loss of that much money will hurt bad enough they'll have no choice but to do better.

edit on 5/25/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Condolences to his family ..

As to the v.a time to shut the bastards down theyve killed far too many over the years with their incompetence .. outrageous the man went expecting treatment and ends up murdered by security ..
Put the donut boys on trial for murder and charge those who covered for them as accessories to murder ..

How many more must die before the v.a is held to account ?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

My Condolences to the family.

This is so sad. Police of all kinds are out of control it seems. The man had not committed any crime! It's supposed to be a free country! Free means free to leave a hospital and possibly try another!
edit on 25-5-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Might as well call VA Hospital care. . . Obamacare.

Get used to it people.

This what many of us have been saying for years.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
He could have left the hospital without incident, but he wanted
to leave the hospital with the needle in his arm. He wanted it left in
because it is a big damn needle and he didn't want to have to
go thru the procedure twice.

The nurses didn't want him to leave because it was dangerous for
him to leave with the shunt still in place.

So the cops showed up to keep him from doing something that might
bring harm to himself.

...'cause that's their job.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: rival

They could have done it without tackling and holding him down on the ground dissecting his carotid artery. Their job is to protect and serve, not beat people up and restrain them to the point of death for leaving the hospital. It's not a prison. While the victim may have been impatient, the situation could have been handled in a better manner.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I wonder what Juan Williams will have to say about this?
He is on record saying that Obama cares too much about our veterans.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

There job to brutally beat this man down causing injury in such a way that he dies?

Your views on this issue is disturbing, your sick man.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I can't post what I want to here because of the lame ass profanity filters on this adult website but j.c. I want to be put in a cage with all those officers/security involved and show them what it feels like to be brutally beaten

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Wow unbelievable!! You know the more I read ATS the more I thank god I'm not American

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Might as well call VA Hospital care. . . Obamacare.

Get used to it people.

This what many of us have been saying for years.

It is one of those promises the president would probably like to forget.

In vowing to make the Veterans Administration the model of national health-care reform back in 2008, the outlook for scandal-plagued Obamacare seems to be following right along.

WND published an article during Obama's transition into the White House in 2008-09 where President Obama proposed in his “Obama-Biden” plan to “make the VA a leader of national health care reform so that veterans get the best care possible.”

Just another empty promise along with many thereafter.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
There could be a master plan in play here.

This whole VA problem might be coming to light as a way to eliminate the VA medical system and transfer all involved to MediCare and MediCaid.

Hmmm.

I don't doubt for a minute they would make "sacrifices" out of innocent patients.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
same sort of thing happened to my grandfather recently, he had had the battery in his chestpiece replaced but he managed to get some sort of infection, he went down the the hospital in salt lake city for treatment, his doc said he could have any pain medications he liked. after asking a nurse for some pills, he waited for several hours and noticed that they werent getting up or really doing anything but chatting with each other so he figured he would go down to the gas station etc and buy some damned tylonol. so imagine now an old man in his 80s with an open wound to his chest where they had to remove the device. he has clothed himself and walked out of the hospital. the hospitals reaction? to call the police, turns out that two hospital guards followed him till he left the property, they never said anything to him, next thing you know the salt lake city police department showed up to tackle him to the ground and ziptie him up, they threw him in the back of the car and drug him back to the hospital. he ended up with serious bruising on his face, arms, wrist, and chest where he had been dropped. the hospitals reaction was that this was "standard procedure" now what sort of world are we living in when they will do this to a man who has done nothing wrong whatsoever? this wasnt even a va hospital.

(he actually had asked 3 times over a 6 or so hour period. so he wasnt overly impatient, at least i dont think he was)
edit on 5/25/2014 by theinsolentfish because: timing

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

There job to brutally beat this man down causing injury in such a way that he dies?

Your views on this issue is disturbing, your sick man.

I think ya'll missed the "tacit" point of my last two sentences...

So the cops showed up to keep him from doing something that might bring
harm to himself. ...'cause that's their job (to bring harm).

I was going to add that "Protect and Serve" is quickly becoming a
popular "attack style" martial arts discipline...but I didn't think
anybody would get it...

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me at all. When I go there I'm on my best behavior, because those VA/Federal police are very dangerous. They can murder without questions.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Im not a fan of Obama, but please explain why any of this is his fault?

Or do you inject this type of vitriol into every topic?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Im not a fan of Obama, but please explain why any of this is his fault?

Or do you inject this type of vitriol into every topic?

Obama made the statement that he would fix the VA system in 2008. He is the only one with the power to do that and he didn't, so of course it's Obama's fault. He knew there was a problem, had the capacity to act and did nothing. I guess Obama's corporate handlers think humans that served their nation "in harm's way" are as throw-away as imported Chinese junk, it is a rational observation

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/26.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join