It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Von Neumann Probes, activity on the moon...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
I spent 10 or 15 minutes poking around trying to figure out what the heck that site was all about, and if you go to the information tab and read about their "organization," one thing becomes clear...Either this is some sort of entertainment, of some kind, or is composed of deluded individuals who feel they have been tasked by various governments to deal with protecting people from aliens or something.

Quite strange, and thus I would probably have to guess that this is not meant to be real. Googling around confirmed my suspicions as well, as there are not really any other sources for this information, which would not be the case if these were real NASA images.

On their "About" page page, click "Writing Guide". It says "The SCP Wiki is a collaborative urban fantasy writing website about the fictional SCP Foundation, a secretive organization that contains anomalous or supernatural items and entities away from the eyes of the public." (emphasis mine)

There's even an indie computer game based on the stories published there: www.scpcbgame.com...
edit on 26-5-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Even if one wanted to entertain the possibility that factual information had been inserted onto this fiction-based site, there are still problems.
Already discussed is fact that this is clearly the Sinus Iridum, on the near side of the Moon. The photograph contains many characteristic features that leave no reasonable doubt about this identification. Anyone can check this for themselves by calling up Sinus Iridum on Google Images. The claimed South Pole-Aitkin Basin location is clearly wrong.

Besides this, we have the remark that the supposed excavation will only become visible from Earth in 2019. The Sinus Iridum is 240 kilometers in diameter. Any excavations on the scale depicted would already be readily visible, even to amateur observers. Nothing of the sort has been reported.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I'm quite surprised ATS does not know the SCP foundation. It's been around for quite some time now.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFarts
I'm quite surprised ATS does not know the SCP foundation. It's been around for quite some time now.

Don't know and don't care; the evidence in the opening post is itself contradictory and easily enough to realize that the story is fake, regardless of the reason, motive, or in this case the intentionally fictional nature. Some would say it was all a conspiracy to hide the truth under the cloak of a fictional narrative anyway, so might as well debunk it as if it were intended as real evidence.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This just in: the moon is made of cheese.

Anyone feel free to debunk it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join