It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Von Neumann Probes, activity on the moon...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Just wanted to share this.
I came a cross this website that claims there is some serious activity going on on the moon.

SCP-XXX is a manifestation on the far side of the Moon that was first discovered on May 28, 2001 when attention was drawn to what had been assumed to be a small comet impacting 300km east of the South Pole-Aitken basin. Since then, intentional activity around the impact site has emerged, growing at an astonishing rate. The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter's (LRO) limited resolving power is insufficient to determine what exactly is responsible for the activity. However, nomalously high temperatures and spectroscopy results have yielded data indicating that mining, refining, smelting and construction are taking place. In addition, neutrino activity consistent with nuclear fusion has been detected.

It has been conjectured that what had been assumed to be a comet was in fact a technologically sophisticated Von Neumann probe. A sufficiently advanced alien package would be capable of self-replication. When enough copies of itself had been created, it would then proceeding towards some longer term goal.

In the decade since it was discovered, the area the phenomenon encompasses has grown by a factor of 12.5, giving it an estimated doubling rate of 3 years. It currently occupies an area of 4000 km2. If it continues to spread at this rate, it will begin to be visible from Earth in August of 2019.

SPX-XXX phenomenon over the period 2009-2011 (photos provided by LRO). The high albedo plumes are ejecta from the surface and he result of active excavation. The black area resembling a network is the result of ongoing construction.

Link : sandbox.scp-wiki.net...

edit on 25-5-2014 by drneville because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Let it be true.

If this is true it would be fantastic. Not only would there be PROOF of intelligent life, but so intelligent that it can build a Von Neumann probe that can replicate, build a base, etc. Very high intelligence... Artificial intelligence.... They've probably reached the singularity already.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: drneville

I read the article but whoa is there a lot of claims in there !!

I wish who ever wrote this had some links to back them up though. Cause without them, it really looks like science fiction creative writing..

Flagging to get more input.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It seems to be a game ...

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It looks like a game storyline??

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It's not real.

It's a place to put stories and content, thus the name "sandbox".

Welcome to the SCP Sandbox Wiki! You can use pages on this site to practice formatting, store works in progress, or simply have a place to put drafts so you can show others and get feedback before posting to the main site.

It says at the bottom that it follows the Creative Commons license:

creativecommons.org...

~Namaste
edit on 25-5-2014 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SonoftheSun

Sadly It's fiction. SCP is an acronym for Secure Contain Protect-a fictional corporation that has a wiki built around it, I applied to contribute to it a few years back.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Well for a start it is not on the far side or anywhere near the South Pole, it's Sinus Iridum, already clearly visible from Earth, as shown by this view taken by a terrestrial telescope:

It also just happens to be where the Chinese probe just landed.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This is the only link I could find containing the same information.

Edit:

From the page:

Welcome to the SCP Sandbox Wiki! You can use pages on this site to practice formatting, store works in progress, or simply have a place to put drafts so you can show others and get feedback before posting to the main site.

And as already pointed out it's Sinus Iridum and nowhere near the south pole. So I guess we can clearly call this a work of fiction. Although it was a great read

drneville, a source would be great!
edit on 25-5-2014 by Danowski because: quote + link

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Danowski

That's the link I gave, seems just a story...

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It's a bit sad that people will believe anything they see on the Internet.

But yeah, this seems to be part of some kind of elaborate role-playing game. www.scp-wiki.net...

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Didn't say I believed, just wanted to share something on a conspiracyforum

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hi, moon fans.

If you want informations about "real" activity on the far side of the moon,
do some IXQUICK/research on the book:
PENETRATION
Ingo Swann
ISBN 0-966-7674--0-3

160 page PDF.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread505569/pg1

EDIT to add:
Or do an "IXQUICK" search like:
ixquick.com...
ixquick.com/do/search?q=%22Ingo+Swann%22+PENETRATION+PDF&lui=english

Blue skies.

edit on 2014/5/25 by C-JEAN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
It's a bit sad that people will believe anything they see on the Internet.

Does that mean it is sad if we believe your statement above...or not?

Shame it's a game...or possibly not. If it had been a real ET technology self replicating at an ever increasing rate, it might not have been such a good thing for us.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: C-JEAN

That PDF link to the book is no longer active C-JEAN, taken down by Bowen Books.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: drneville

That's Sinus Iridum, not even the far side of the moon, not the South Pole-Aitken basin, and that is not occurring to it right now.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I spent 10 or 15 minutes poking around trying to figure out what the heck that site was all about, and if you go to the information tab and read about their "organization," one thing becomes clear...Either this is some sort of entertainment, of some kind, or is composed of deluded individuals who feel they have been tasked by various governments to deal with protecting people from aliens or something.

Quite strange, and thus I would probably have to guess that this is not meant to be real. Googling around confirmed my suspicions as well, as there are not really any other sources for this information, which would not be the case if these were real NASA images.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: drneville
SPX-XXX phenomenon over the period 2009-2011 (photos provided by LRO). The high albedo plumes are ejecta from the surface and he result of active excavation. The black area resembling a network is the result of ongoing construction.

If this is a time-lapse photo sequence from a two year period, why do none of the crater shadows change in the slightest? If they were separate photos there would be at least a small amount of change noticeable between them. It looks to me a single photo was Photoshopped several times to create an animated gif.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shadoefax
If this is a time-lapse photo sequence from a two year period, why do none of the crater shadows change in the slightest?

Also the picture was taken from exactly the same height and location....

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The base image can be found on various websites, but is probably from the Lunar Photograph of the Day site:

www.lpod.org...

The viewing angle suggests that it is from an orbital probe, but I haven't been able to find out for certain if it is the LRO or not.

Anyone still harbouring lingering doubts should just download the gif image and look at it frame by frame in an editor.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join