It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My haunted house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
We love our home. We have owned it for 17 years. It was built, however, closer to 40 years ago. I do not know its entire history.

We have had a number of odd things happen here, none of which were threatening as much as spooky.

1. One night late, my wife and I were coming in for the evening. We were going up our steps, to the top floor, and we both felt a finger, gently pushing us in the chest, as if to say "hello, just wanted you to know I am here."

2. One morning, while no one was within 50 feet, a young girls voice whispered my grandson's name in my ear.

3. My daughters said that she has had they have had a radio turn on, and once a tv turn off (she could see the old school power switch being depressed).

I don't feel like this entity is unfriendly. I have called out and asked it to appear, and it doesn't. Something strange happens every few years, although I swear I hear footsteps sometimes.

Anyone else experienced something like this? I promise that nothing has been made up here, absolutely real and unexplained.
edit on 25-5-2014 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Jchristopher5

Anyone else experienced something like this? I promise. Inning made up here, absolutely real and unexplained. -

I rented out rooms in a house for a some years and some of those tenants (none of whom knew each other) reported the same things over and over. Over the duration of the time I spent there I only actually heard the shuffling footsteps in the kitchen once on the day I left. I was the only one there.

The neighbor told me an old woman had died there. Thats the short of it. Yours sounds harmless enough. The TV switching off thing is interesting. What show didn't the spook approve of?

edit on 25-5-2014 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I always love hearing other peoples accounts of the paranormal ... this is so much more common than you might imagine.

Personally I have experienced the paranormal since I was 3yrs old ... in your case I feel it may not be so much something related to the house per-se but maybe a deceased family member or friend staying in touch with you.

Woody )O(

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
They sound friendly enough. If they like you they can actually protect you from harm. Not all spirits are evil, some live symbiotically with us and just guide us in the background. Others are overpowering and steer us into the wrong direction, towards the way they believe is appropriate.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
It has been a few years, I would have to ask my daughter what show it was. She did tend to stay up all night and then sleep all day, at that point in her life. My thought always was that this friendly spirit thought she should turn in for the night. Which she did. She wasn't really scared.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwytch
I lost my dad in 2002. This has all happened since then, now that I think about it. The voice though was definitely a little girl though.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeah. I feel strangely at peace with the entity. I have always felt protected by something. A spirit guide or something.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

My thought always was that this friendly spirit thought she should turn in for the night.

Ahh, there it is. If you associate these "helpful" events with the house, i.e., this stuff only occurs in the house… you could look around for an old neighbor who may know something about who lived there before you. Thats how I found out about the old lady that passed in the house where I stayed.

One roommate, when I told him people report "things" told me oh yah, like this old lady shakes him awake at night and tells him, "you have to leave, you have to leave".

He was a weird bird anyway.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Every house I've ever lived in has been haunted. Every last one.

This particular house we live in now is 60 years old. We've been in it 14 years or so. We get footsteps and floors creaking and kitchen cabinets/drawers being rummaged through loudly and vitamin bottles being shaken in the next room and squeaky dog toys being played with in empty rooms and all sorts of stuff like that ....

I believe there are spooks everywhere. It's just that they manifest stronger in some places and certain people can feel them more than others.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Jchristopher5 DO NOT COMMUNICATE OR ACCEPT THE ENTITY, DEMONS WILL TRY TO LOOK HARMLESS. Find a good medium (That does it for free) that can tell if the entity is GOOD OR NOT. Be careful.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I've never lived in a haunted house, but I think my ex did...

I remember one night we were laying in bed at her flat, and as we were drifting off her room mate burst into our room claiming she couldn't sleep in her room anymore. She said that there was someone in the room with her and 'he' wouldn't leave. She went as far as to want some kind of cleansing ceremony (she's a Maori so I'm not too sure on the culture) before she could enter the room again.

Being the compassionate person I was said "pffffft' and went into the room to assure her nothing was there. The moment I walked in it was like I entered a cold room, I got goosebumps and shivered but I managed to sound threatening in case it was an intruder. Then what I believed was a hand fell on my shoulder and it was icy cold, and then I had a sudden compulsion to flee.

To this day I don't know what happened. I don't really believe in ghosts and the scientist in me said that it was some kind of shared hysteria, but the feeling in that room...

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I have had wierd things happen a few times

Not long after my aunt died I herd my nick name called a couple of times like someone was trying to get my atension

All I felt was comfort in that it mite be her telling me she's there by my side still

We were like brother and sister as there was not a big age gap between us

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jchristopher5
a reply to: woodwytch
I lost my dad in 2002. This has all happened since then, now that I think about it. The voice though was definitely a little girl though.

She could be your spirit-guide who is helping you to understand.

Woody )O(

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Sounds like your house definitely is haunted. But I wouldn't worry about it too much, it sounds like it's a friendly ghost, haha.

I lived in a haunted house for about eight years. The majority of the hunting was done in the kitchen. I would hear dishes crash into the sink, then walk in to the kitchen and there would be no dishes in the sink. It's also interesting to note that the cat would not go in the kitchen.

There was also the imprint of an image of a woman on the wall in the kitchen and it looked like she was in Victorian clothing and she had her hair done up. I wish I still had a picture of it and I may have one on my computer, I'll have to look and see when I get home.

A couple years after moving out of the house we ran into somebody that had lived in that house previous to us. They asked us if we thought that house was haunted. They also experienced strange occurrences in the kitchen.

All in all I would consider living in that house again.
edit on 25-5-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I really enjoy reading these posts about other people's experiences ever since strange things started happening in my townhome up at college. I live with a couple other guys up at school and things were going great until we started hearing footsteps walking up the stairs when nobody was there and then a few of us starting seeing a tall white figure in the corner of our eyes once in awhile.

After about 2 months of us hearing footsteps and seeing this figure things got even stranger and for whatever reason my bedroom was targeted...Things in my room would be moved around (including my crucifix necklace sitting on my desk) when nobody but myself was home. This happened on two occasions and both times it was the same items being moved; an empty johnnie walker scotch bottle being turned around, a pack of cigarettes being laid on their side, a heavy glass beer mug being laid on it's side and a few other things...After the second incident I put an EVP phone app on my desk and asked whatever was moving this to give me a sign it was really there...Keep in mind I had played around with this EVP app multiple times and got nothing...This time i got a recording of what sounded like someone breathing into the microphone. It was a deep eerie breathing and scared the crap out of me and my roommates.

Until that EVP all of my roommates and part of myself, thought one or two of us were playing pranks on each other and a few times we actually got into heated arguments telling one another to knock it off because we were getting really freaked out.

From there, things started being knocked down in my other roommates bedrooms and televisions started turning on by themselves on two occasions. It was safe to say all of us were very freaked out and started believing something was really going on and it wasn't any of us messing around.

One night i woke up and saw a blurry face coming straight towards me and i raised my hand a repeatedly said "whoa whoa whoa!" not sure what to do and when it got less than a foot in front of my face it disappeared and the coldest chill went through my whole entire body...After laying in bed for about 5minutes trying to process what just happened i got very angry and stood up in the middle of my room and began cussing the spirit out telling it that this is my house and it is not welcome there. I proceeded to yell at it and tell it to leave for about 15minutes.

After that, there were no weird encounters for about 2 months, but then right towards the end of the semester the scotch bottles in my bedroom began moving again but this time they would move while i was actually in the room. Fortunately, the semester was over and we moved back home before things got out of hand...

All of that happened between the months January - April of this year and now I'm just waiting to see what happens when i move back in August. FUN STUFF!

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I believe you. Stuff like this is relatively common, as far as the paranormal is concerned. In fact, most of your hauntings are quite mundane and tame. Real hauntings are not really like you see in horror movies, where faces jump out you or whatever, although some pretty creepy stuff has likely been witnessed in real life on occasion. But most of it is like what you describe.

I had a family member with a house that they were the first to live in, on land that was probably just an open field prior to that, and they had many anomalous things occur, and these were experienced by everyone who lived in the house, as well as other family members who visited there, including myself. Even though it was no more than a 3 hour drive to get there, I remember when I was younger I would go with my grandparents, and they would stay up late playing games or whatever and wouldn't want to drive home, so we would spend the night. And my grandparents went over there a lot before I was even born. It was her brother's house.

Some of the things that used to occur there include: radios turning on by themselves, on one occasion even after it was unplugged. A figure was seen in one room on a handful of occasions. They used to have lights on some plants in the living room/den area, and they would turn them off at night, yet they would often be on in the morning. Sometimes, while sitting at the kitchen table, a heavy wooden cabinet door would slowly swing open for no reason. I think other cabinet doors would open as well. The heavy one had to be pushed in and it was firmly closed yet would still open itself.

They had a feeling that the ghost lived in the attic. I do not remember why. One of the strangest things that happened there was when they came home one evening there was an entire sandwich lying on top of the trash. They were the types of people who did not waste food, and nobody was home anyway to leave it there. But what was strange about it was that the stuff that was on the sandwich was not anything they had in the house. The doors were locked, no sign of anyone having broken in, and this was basically in the middle of nowhere, not somewhere people would be walking around or anything.

I don't know if that was paranormal in nature, or if that is a common occurrence, but it is strange nonetheless. They searched the house and didn't find anyone, nor did they find evidence that anyone had been there. They know exactly when the stuff started. Before they moved into that house, their young daughter, in her teens, was playing with one of those spirit board things. This was soon before they moved. I believe they started having strange stuff happen at their old place, and when they moved it appeared to follow them.

The younger children would see someone that the adults could not see as well. I experienced this once when I was a child, although it was not at the same location. I remember a man standing at the foot of my bed looking at me, and my grandmother was lying in bed beside me. I don't remember how old I was, but I was pretty little. I was old enough to talk pretty well. I remember clearly asking her who that man was, and I clearly remember her getting freaked out. What is strange though is that despite the memory being clear, and being confirmed by grandmother later on when I was older, I cannot recall how it ended. I think the man just disappeared. What he was wearing is a little foggy as well now, but if I remember correctly he was wearing "skins." Like buckskins or something.

The house this occurred in was not haunted to my knowledge. My grandmother said that once, while I was asleep in a back room, still young, she heard the back door knob "rattling," like somebody was shaking it. It was kind of loose if I remember right. She knows she wasn't hearing things because the dog looked up and growled towards that area. She said she shot up and ran back there, thinking somebody was going to steal me or something, as the door was not locked. Her son lived on the same piece of property, and this was out in the middle of nowhere as well, and he got a rifle and flashlight and went around looking everywhere, only to find nothing.

Then she said she used to always smell the perfume of one of her dead relatives. I think smells are pretty common in a paranormal sense, especially distinct smells like the one she described. I think it was jasmine or something, but I would have to ask her. I still don't know why a ghost would be wearing skins like that, lol. I do know however that Sam Houston's Texas army marched through this general area on their way to the Battle of San Jacinto, and we have found relics from the march, and other people have found more. Never on this particular piece of property though. This stuff was found about 3 miles away. There was also a Civil War training ground 3 miles away, virtually the same area, as it was a railhead at that time.

I have metal detected some minie balls away from where I believe the main camp was, and I don't know if anyone has ever detected where that main camp was, which was right by the tracks, which I think are still in the same place. It's a small town now, but was much bigger back then. Regardless, I don't know if many people would have been wearing something like that during those times. Perhaps.

I had a scary encounter at Caldwell High School when I was visiting to run the lights for our one act play group. I only found out afterwards that what I experienced was somewhat common, and that the auditorium itself was reputed to be haunted. I am pretty sure I've detailed this encounter in someone's thread a while back. I think I talked once about what happened to someone in my family. This would have been in the early 1900's. There was a baby being born in a house, and two of the kids were sent across a long field to a neighbor's house to get something or someone. Anyway, a long ways away, on their way back if I remember correctly, they heard a baby crying.

They couldn't have heard it from the house where the baby was, and they were out in the middle of nowhere, large fields and the houses were quite a distance apart, usually not even visible from one to the other. And when they got back and told everyone this, it was determined that the crying baby was heard at the same time that it died. It might not have been a birth, rather it might have been that the baby was sick. I would have to ask because I cannot remember how the story was told. I've also mentioned the encounter from back then that happened to one of my family members. My relative and another woman were driving in a car. Again, in the middle of nowhere, especially back then. They all lived in farmhouses with lots of open land around, and most of my family still does to this day, although it is not so far from civilization nowadays.

Anyway, they had to go through multiple gates to get to the house. I had to ask my grandmother about the details again just now, because I think last time I told it I got a couple of details wrong. Anyway, they had noticed on the way out that there was a fallen dead tree, and on the way back they were going to load some up for firewood. So the two women stop on the way back and as they are loading up the firewood a man appears out of nowhere. They don't know where he came from, considering all the open land and the single dirt road, which was very long, leading deeper onto the property. Continued Below...

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I typed my continuation post in my word processor, and I just lost it all, lol. So instead of writing out what I did, I will just briefly finish up. So let's see, where was I? Okay, so the guy said a sentence, asking if they needed help or something. They got extremely freaked out, and rushed off. It was a good distance to the next gate they had to pass through to get to the house, not a distance one would want to cover on foot. So they arrive and the passenger gets out to open the gate, and the same freaking guy is standing off to the side of the road. Just standing there. I cannot imagine how terrified these two women were, and they high-tailed it through the gate, leaving it open, which they never would have done under normal circumstances because animals could escape.

The way the encounter was detailed to me by my grandmother, although this happened to her mother in the early 20th century sometime, there was no possible way for the guy to have gotten there that quickly. Had he sprinted, all out, it would have taken him much, much longer. I don't know why, but she said there was no way for him to have gotten on the small car, especially without being noticed, and then jumped off and ran over to the side of the road without anyone seeing him. And the passenger didn't immediately see him when she got out to open the 2nd gate. And even at the first gate, there was nobody there as they pulled up and were wandering around the fallen tree collecting wood. It was like the guy appeared out of thin air.

Because this occurred so long ago, and the witnesses are deceased, I don't have as many details as I would like. The distances I am talking about though are large, as this is all open country, farms and farmhouses and whatnot. Where you know the few neighbors in the vicinity, etc...I had written out some of my other experiences, including the ghost lights I have witnessed on multiple occasions, but I do not feel like re-writing everything again. If anyone is extremely interested you can message me and I will do my best to recount some of this stuff. But I think I've written enough for now, lol. I didn't mean to hijack your thread or anything, and I apologize if you don't think I should have written all this. It is just that I know some people enjoy hearing about stuff that has happened to others, so I thought I would oblige. I'm sure that most people have crazy stuff like this that has either happened to them, or to someone they know like friends or family members. Paranormal activity is more common than some believe. Usually these people don't believe unless it happens to them. And I would bet that some discount some paranormal activity that has happened to them, because as I said, some of the stuff is relatively subtle.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Honestabe28

I really enjoy reading these posts about other people's experiences ever since strange things started happening in my townhome up at college.

If you like reading other people's stories, here's you a "paranormal smorgasbord" to read:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Currently on page 259, and members still posting current experiences.

__________________________________________________________________________________

S&F OP! I love reading them too.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I would do like others suggest, get a medium to stop by.
That is what I'm going to do, but for different reasons.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Every house I've ever lived in has been haunted. Every last one.  

This particular house we live in now is 60 years old. We've been in it 14 years or so. We get footsteps and floors creaking and kitchen cabinets/drawers being rummaged through loudly and vitamin bottles being shaken in the next room and squeaky dog toys being played with in empty rooms and all sorts of stuff like that ....  

I believe there are spooks everywhere. It's just that they manifest stronger in some places and certain people can feel them more than others.

Cool, 

I'm not alone, I wonder if it's me , because everywhere I have lived has had some sort of experience, since I was tenish.

And I've experience stuff in public, and with witnesses. A broad daylight, on a city street , full body apparition is an exremly unsettling.  

The first house that had weird stuff my family moved into when I was ten.

I was new and built on the site of an old farm house. I know that a few years before the land was subdivided , the son of the owner murdered him and committed suicide. Then while the house was vacant a pair of transients died, when it burned down from an unattended fire in the fire place. Our house was one of three built where the farm house had stood. 

All the members of my family experienced things, usually in the form of footsteps down the hall, or a whispery unintelligible voice. My brother was a toddler and when he was old enough to talk he talked about the man in the corner of the closet, that he was terrified of.

I had an aunt and uncle and cousins that lived in two doors down, one of the other houses built on the site and my cousin told me once that their were ghosts there, but I thought she was just trying scare the younger cousin.

When I was 18 I had an experience with what I could only describe as floating ink stain.

The experiences in that house were always uncomfortable.

When I moved out after graduating, things started to happen in that house.

I shared the house with a couple, it was his grandmother's , and a female roommate.

At first it started with trivial items being "misplaced", like keys and such.

You'd get home leave your keys on the dining table, then 10 minutes later they'd be gone and would turn up in a weird place,like under my roommates pillow. 

One afternoon my roommate was home alone vacuuming, and she found some change on the den floor, picked it up put it in the community bowl. She then was doing stuff in the kitchen and went back into the den to find more change on the floor, she picks it up etc. A short time later same thing more change on the floor, several more times before she called me at work hysterical.

Then one night a group of us (8-10), hanging out drinking beer and watching whatever tv show we were all into, and a group of us got up to get everyone more beer. As the group , led by my buddies wife, she was the house mom, went into the kitchen a cabinet flew open and all of the plastic containers flew half way across the kitchen. 

I retract a previous statement, the two house I lived in while married were non eventful. 

My first three or so years in this house were very active, with shadows, voices, cabinets that wont stay closed, I once watched the oven turn itself on.

And my neighborhood pub is haunted, the local market was as well. I talked to a couple people who worked the stocking shift, and there was stuff always falling off the shelves.

Yes spirits are everywhere.

new topics

top topics

join