It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Choice is all we have, If you think you are a slave then that is what you will be.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I recently came across a you tube video that calls into question if man has free will or not. And it was a very convincing argument on the basis that we dont control where our thoughts originated from as neuroscience is apparently telling us that the conscience mind is only aware of an idea or thought a nano second after the neurons fire (how they isolated the region in the brain the exact neurons and how that correlated to the perceived consciousness is impressive) So this video goes on to explain that as a result of our delayed perception of the thought that when we react to it that reaction is a premeditated outcome designed not in your conscious mind.

Goes on to explain that even if there was no lag between the start of an idea and its delayed perception that the very fact we dont know where thoughts originate from is indication that we have no free will.

Anyway I dwelt on it for a bit not really paying it much attention and relegating it to a well constructed argument in a visual medium.
For whatever reason I cant quite figure out(the irony was not lost on me) I was thinking about where thoughts originate from and as as far as I was concerned it's not where the idea comes from that matters its what you do with it that defines you.

So the point of free will is moot. You can have all the free will in the world if you think you are controlled by powers beyond your perception then that is all you will be. A prisoner in your own mind with iron bars of your own construction. I choose to believe any conscious being has the ability to choose and thats the important word "choice" in this reality that is all we have and that is what makes you so powerful your ability to choose. Some of us cant see that choice so they dont even know they have it which makes it easier to be taken away. You are less likely to put up a fight for something you think has no value.

So remember that power you have when you choose. Each choice collapses a wave of probability into which your consciousness moves into until you make the next choice and so forth until there are no more choices to make, if that ever occurs.
edit on 25-5-2014 by Kandinsky because: title typo

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
We're surfs, not actually slaves. We have freedom within boundaries. Society dictates those boundaries. Certain groups of people guide society, definitely not the surfs. If you want to be more than a surf, you may or may not be able to jump the gap. The thing is, once you leap there is no turning back. Your soul belongs to society.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
We're surfs, not actually slaves. We have freedom within boundaries. Society dictates those boundaries. Certain groups of people guide society, definitely not the surfs. If you want to be more than a surf, you may or may not be able to jump the gap. The thing is, once you leap there is no turning back. Your soul belongs to society.

Well again if you chose to believe that then that is what will play out. Accepting reality and changing it is a different thing to seeing reality for what it is and propagating the same thing. Its one thing to be aware its another to do something positive with it.

Most people are weak and give in to temptation and simply accept their lot in life hoping to be saved or if not find a spot of least resistance where they can live out their lives. Either way there is no right or wrong choice they are both valid its really just a matter of perspective.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
If we all disenfranchise the concept of Slavery then it is impossible for there to exist a SLAVE anywhere on Earth.

It is not up to the individual to earn equality and justice,they are born with the right to these things and the burden of providing these things is upon the progentors of these births ,not the individual being born.

Remove the dynamics and you remove the need for the words.We CREATED the word Slave to fill a requirement,now we need to create a requirement to disenfranchise and abolish that word and this must be done via tangible co-operaative action and agreements on a Global scale.We must have ABSOLUTE abolishment of the concept Globally to disenfranchise the reality of a need for a word to describe a dynamic.

Once the Humanitarian Global consensus says there is no such thing as a Slave then the word will be aboished and so will slavery.

For as long as Humanity stands by and allows slavery to exist even in a small seemingly insignificant degree the word will carry a meaning,all we need to do is co-operate Globally and these things will disappear INSTANTLY.All it takes is agreement,nothing more and nothing less.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TiM3LoRd

I have known quite a few people who are rich and predominant. Although I got along with them I usually did not like to hang around with them because of their over entitled attitude. Many believe they deserve more than they actually deserve. I won't feed their ego. I would rather hang around with surfs than these people. It is important to note that not all the elite are like this, some are very nice.

edit on 25-5-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Wouldnt it be nice if there was a law that made businesses disclose their net worth and yearly incomes BEFORE we bought anything from them so we could be making informed decisions.I for one would like to know just who I am giving my money to and no i do not want to support just another growing money monger,i want to support someone who is making a lving off of their business,not a fortune off of the poor.

I also like to stay away from the money mongering Humanitarian terrorists who rape the Planet and force userage terms upon our mest needy and least able people,but it is nearly impossible because so many HIDE THEIR TRUE WORTH AND LEVELS OF GREED.

When you can own 10 million in assets and put on old worn clothes and go sit and interact with regular people who are actually your victims you do so under false pretenses.And reality says that many people do just this,they sit across fro you ar Church or in Public and PRETEND they are like you and not elitist Humanitarian terrorists.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Goes on to explain that even if there was no lag between the start of an idea and its delayed perception that the very fact we don't know where thoughts originate from is indication that we have no free will.

Not if we don't act upon them. Some of us are lost in our thought stream (huh, what?), some of us sit on the river bank and watch it go by.

I know certain ideas come from outside. Have you ever had a jingle stuck in your head? Thats a simple example. Some ideas are more subtle. If we notice them coming down the river and don't respond that in my opinion is the proof that we do have free will.

I choose not to act upon that idea, affront, challenge, taunt, tease, whatever. It is attempting to pull me from my center of reason and give my will over to it. "I" choose not to let that happen.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
We are not surfs. We are free. When elite or dark forces, use force, there are 2 choices. It goes beyond the corrupt legal system. We can use force back, for force to enforce the lies and banking system and realtors and deprive us from use of our land and resources naturally has been used

However, its not the only choice and peaceful souls do not need to show a primitive face at all

Wherever you live, your intentions, your mind, your dreams and beliefs, your words, and how you express and speak up, are what defines your boundaries. Physical is only illusion, and here we have to chose, force is the lower mind way. Negotiation, speaking up, intercessions, drawing the good out in others, is a higher mind way.

Being a hostile witness in court does not mean you are overcome. It means that thugs have victimized you according to the higher cosmic law, but that does not take away your ability to have grace and dignity and shine. And the tests are managed closely. Everyone is getting their grades and tyrants and elites here, who have abused their power, the tiny drop in the bucket given them from on high, by nepotism, favoratism, elitism, murder, genocide, environmental destruction, cruel treatment of lifeforms here, greed, and fascism have already received their F's. The IOU's at the end of their time is waiting. They are not ready for higher levels where whole systems are managed.

On the contrary, those who choose Higher Mind responses and utilize true free will, and envision positive and who reach out even to the elite, to try and prevent them from making these train wrecks of their lives, have more the skills required for higher levels.

edit on 25-5-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
If I think I am a slave I can recognize that as an is, and have the free will to change it to an isn't, so thinking I'm a slave won't actually make it impossible to break free from it, but rather would allow me to analyze why I'm and how I'm slavelike and avoid such properties of metaphysical/societal slavery.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

You said the question of free-will is moot, but then you talked about "choice" and "probability" which would make the question of free-will very important. Even if "free" will did not exist, that does NOT mean we have absolutely no control over our lives. Free means "unlimited". Will means "intention" or "acting towards a desire".

We can easily prove that "free" will does not exist (but that does not mean that "will" itself does not exist).

If you are in a situation where all you have to eat is a cheese burger or a hot dog, and the stores happen to be closed, then your will is not "free", because it is limited. Even if the stores were open, what if none of the stores have the food that you would like to buy? What if you can't even get the ingredients or directions to make the unique food yourself?

Your "will" is always limited by your circumstances. There is never "free" will. Sometimes you have very few limitations. Sometimes you have many limitations. If you had "free" will, anything you wanted to do would be possible. For example, if I wanted to have all wisdom and knowledge ( knowing about everything that exists), I could not magically do that. Even if I had "choice" to learn, I could never learn about each and every thing in existence; so, my will would be completely "limited" from achieving my goal (UN-free will).

edit on 25-5-2014 by arpgme because: spelling errors

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

You said the question of free-will is moot, but then you talked about "choice" and "probability" which would make the question of free-will very important. Even if "free" will did not exist, that does NOT mean we have absolutely no control over our lives. Free means "unlimited". Will means "intention" or "acting towards a desire".

We can easily prove that "free" will does not exist (but that does not mean that "will" itself does not exist).

If you are in a situation where all you have to eat is a cheese burger or a hot dog, and the stores happen to be closed, then your will is not "free", because it is limited. Even if the stores were open, what if none of the stores have the food that you would like to buy? What if you can't even get the ingredients or directions to make the unique food yourself?

Your "will" is always limited by your circumstances. There is never "free" will. Sometimes you have very few limitations. Sometimes you have many limitations. If you had "free" will, anything you wanted to do would be possible. For example, if I wanted to have all wisdom and knowledge ( knowing about everything that exists), I could not magically do that. Even if I had "choice" to learn, I could never learn about each and every thing in existence; so, my will would be completely "limited" from achieving my goal (UN-free will).

If you read my OP carefully I think you will find I said exactly what you said just in a different way.

top topics

join