It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brave new world

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
This is a short text that I have quickly translated from french to english.

In order to stifle all revolt in advance, no violent means should be used. Methods such as those of Hitler are obsolete. It is enough to create a collective conditioning so powerful that the very idea of revolt would not arise in the minds of men.

It would be ideal to shape individuals at birth by limiting their innate biological aptitudes. Then, we would continue the conditioning by reducing education in a drastic way, replacing it with a form of professional insertion. An uncultivated/uneducated individual has only a limited thought horizon and the more his thoughts are narrowed to mediocre preoccupations, the less he can revolt. We have to make it so access to knowledge becomes more and more difficult and elitist. That the divide between the people and science keeps growing, that the information destined to the public be sanitized of any subversive content.

Above all, no philosophy. Then again, we need to use persuasion instead of direct violence : we would massively diffuse, via television, entertainments that seek an emotional or instinctive response. We would occupy the minds with what is futile and recreational/fun/playful. It is good, with chitchat and incessant music, to prevent the mind of thinking. We would place sexuality at the front of human interests because there is no better social anaesthetic.

In general, we would make it so to banish seriousness from existence, to deride everything that has a high value, to maintain a constant glorification of lightness; so that the euphoria of advertising becomes the standard of human happiness and the freedom model. The conditioning would produce by itself such an integration, that the only fear - that we would need to maintain - would be that of being excluded from the system and thus no longer able to access the necessary conditions for happiness.

The mass man thus produced should be treated as what it is: a calf, and should be monitored as must a herd. Anything that helps to lull his lucidity is socially good, everything that threatens to awaken it should be ridiculed, suppressed, fought. Any doctrine questioning the system must first be designated as subversive and terrorist and those who support it must then be treated as such. There is, however, a very easy way to bribe a subversive individual: just offer him money and power.

This text has been written by Serge Carfantan, a french philosopher, like if it was Aldous Huxley (author of Brave new world) who wrote it (a literary device called a prosopopoeia).

This is a very just description of our world, today. The check list is almost complete.
- Education has been replaced with a form of professional insertion : you don't need to be smart or actually educated/cultivated, you just need to fill a spot in the productivist system.
- Advertisement is presented as the ultimate model of happiness and freedom. You need to buy stuff otherwise you won't be happy like the people you see in those ads.
- Higher values, philosophy, introspection, all those things are being ridiculed. It has become cool to be ignorant. Reality tv is an example of that : just place ignorant and stupid people in a room, let them fart and swear, and they become stars, they become models that other people want to imitate.
- Sexuality is everywhere and is exacerbated. For each thing they need to sell, there is a naked body. If you don't have sex 10 times a day, you're not cool. If you're still a virgin at 20 years old, you're really not cool.
- The mass media are meticulously removing/omitting any information that could question the system. Dissent is suppressed and is portrayed as being dangerous. Dissidents are ridiculed or called terrorists.
- Brainless entertainment is the rule, today. It is not good to think and to question, it is better to do things or to watch things that you will have forgotten the next day, because the next day there is more brainless entertainment. Do not read books, it is useless and if you do you might be ridiculed. Your intellect is not the target, but your emotions are.
- There is more ..

What about the future ? What about the world described in "Brave new world" ? What will become of us, the herd of calves, when technology becomes so advanced that we become genetically engineered calves, more docile calves, more obedient calves ? Alpha, beta, gamma, delta and epsilon calves, each with their own utility in society, from decision making for alphas to simple repetitive tasks for epsilons.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

S + F

Great thread!! Reading stuff like this just makes me want to get away from everything i've been told to like. That's why people have a hole that can't be filled inside, we have been tricked into lying to ourselves and believing it.

Higher values, philosophy, spirituality, intellectual pursuits. We need more of this every day. Always think outside the box and consider everything

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

In the world when money is everything and selfishness and profiteering is often rewarded and encouraged, there will naturally be less opposition and less unexpected behavior coming from the masses to deal with....They want us to be good slaves and feel happy and fulfilled with what they tell us is cool or normal or whatever the fad is...Healthy,thinking,rational minds are very dangerous for TPTB.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I can't say enough how much I see this every dqy. I am constantly asking myself if people can really be that dumbed down as a whole. Every commercial I see I'm wondering how people can't see through the b.s. that fills the air waves. For the life of me I can't understand how people like honey boo boo attain stardom...and how parents let their children look up to people like Beyoncé or any of the number of gangster rapper type artists promoting being a criminal. Then the same society is shocked and confused when people go on rampages or find their 16yo daughter pregnant. I truly feel as though I'm inside the movie idiocracy...such a prophetic movie.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=17960145]

For the sake of argument how can you criticize one mans medium of happiness in what way is it wrong.dose considering the worlds injustices and misgivings make you happier than the victims of the system you criticize ? Or dose it lead to a type of nihilism and general apathetic world views?
edit on 25-5-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
S + F

Great thread, very interesting.

I would question if it is an overarching conspiracy, or else just the natural evolution of the consumerist West.

But it's a pretty accurate appraisal.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: [post=17960145]

For the sake of argument how can you criticize one mans medium of happiness in what way is it wrong.dose considering the worlds injustices and misgivings make you happier than the victims of the system you criticize ? Or dose it lead to a type of nihilism and general apathetic world views?

I hear what you're saying about what makes us happy as individuals...we should be able to decide that for ourselves and it's no one's business, but the point of this thread is to show that what we presented with as entertainment is heavily engineered and manipulated, and that as a whole society, we are being herded like cattle. If you don't believe this is possible, or even likely, just google Prussian education system, and you will start to see the root of the brave new world.

The technology of the world we live in is offered as an anaesthetic to things that require us to be truly human, like spirituality, philosophy, human and animal rights, our future as a species. Whoever they are, they don't want us looking as such empowering subjects, so distract us with garbage because they know how to trick us on almost every level, and it works because the majority of people will follow their emotions and not their intellect, and fall for the trick. Television, food, sex, technology, drugs, fashion....it's all used to manipulate, and has been planned that way for a long time. Have a listen to Alan Watt (not Alan Watts, although he's also amazing to listen to), and his talk in particular about why we should never watch tv.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: caitlinfae

Has nothing to do with technological capabilities and or moral arbitration of polcy. Instead I speak of happiness and its mediums and the result of apathetic points of view? Do you dig

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

My answer, for the sake of argument, would be that voluntarily limiting the potential of someone, whatever the reason, is evil in nature. Imagine a father who would manipulate his children in order to restrict their potential, he would consciously strive to keep them apart until they feel lonely and never satisfied, he would also restrict their education so that they would never understand what happens to them, also restrict their freedom, etc.. Have you seen the movie "Dogtooth" ? It has a story like that.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

But potential is so very hard to define and arguably none quantifiable. Therefore whos to say that victims of societal manipulation had any potential beyond what is currently being realized. And that even without a mass manipulation machine they would still fall victim to manipulation as it is very much within there potential
edit on 26-5-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
S + F

Great thread, very interesting.

I would question if it is an overarching conspiracy, or else just the natural evolution of the consumerist West.

But it's a pretty accurate appraisal.

I think it is both at the same time. The will to control others has been a constant through history, and the ideology of consumerism, productivism, capitalism, is the new form of control, the new 'religion'. It is not the first time that an ideology is used as a 'weapon' to dominate and control. It is a conspiracy but one that is not hidden, in which everyone is a participant, in everyday life, conspiring to take advantage of others in every way they can. The problem is that the calf can also become the herdsman sometimes when he sees another calf wandering away to find his own way or questioning the direction that the herd is taking, scolding him, ridiculing him for doing what he doesn't dare to do himself. None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

I don't think we could have arrived at the world we live in today with only compassionate minds, then again ideology can blur the maps and make one believe that right is wrong and wrong is right. For me, ideology is the problem, always has been and will always be.

I recall just now one guy who was the boss of the 1st tv channel in france saying that his job was to sell "available human brain time" to coca-cola..

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Higher values, philosophy, introspection, all those things are being ridiculed. It has become cool to be ignorant. Reality tv is an example of that

I disagree strongly.

"Dog Whisperer" contains deep wisdom about dogs and their psychology, and practical information about the truth about their motivations and their pack-oriented nature. It's an incredibly informative show, while also being entertaining. And yet it's 'reality-TV'.

"Supernanny" - same thing, except about children. Very, very informative, every wannabe-parent should watch at least 10 episodes, before even talking about having children, and every current parent should watch it until they correct their bad habits of raising their kids wrong. Even good parents would probably learn a lot from it.

Some japanese Idol-themed DVDs like "Alo-Hello!" can also be called 'Reality-TV', but it can also be fun, funny and interesting to watch - nothing so low-brow as you are suggesting, but almost a cultivating experience for the viewer, especially considering that you can learn a lot of japanese language from them, and also enjoy different cultures communicating with each other (sometimes with difficulty). They also double as travel videos, which are always mind-expanding and cultivating to watch, because you learn about other sceneries, atmospheres, cultures and ways of life.

Same could be also said about the Michael Palin Reality-TV shows, "80 days around the world with Michael Palin" (if I remember the title correctly) and his other travel shows. Really interesting stuff to see places most ATS-members can probably never visit. A real, cultivating and spiritually enriching experience! (Though I could do without Palin's dried-up, forced attempts at 'humor' - just because he was one of the geniuses in a great comedy group in the seventies, doesn't mean he can be just as delightfully funny and entertaining by himself in his older days)

Are you saying that non-reality-TV is any better? Sure, there were great TV shows, like "Yes, Minister" and "Yes, Prime Minister", but did they really tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth about the government and power system/structure? Nope. They left out a lot of very important details, and they continued spewing the misleading misinformation that most people have been duped to believe..

There's nothing wrong with the format - don't blame bad content on the format! That's like blaming the piano for a bad piano concert. The piano is innocent, it's all up to the piano player, whether you will be in musical heaven or a torture chamber. Reality-TV can work, and can be a great and useful tool for learning and cultivating the audience!

It's not the format's fault, if it's mis-used or even ab-used.

It's old news anyway, that BNW was more correct than 1984, but I think both have truth in them to some extent. Yeah, yeah, it's also old news that USA fits all the criteria someone found for fascism, and all that. They are incredibly nationalistic over there. Outsider can only wonder..

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
You know that I was talking about a specific type of reality tv, and reality tv is just one example among others that I could have chosen.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
sounds similar to this:

www.truedemocracy.net...

My only comment though: fear-mongering, designed to stop people wanting to unite as a global family. The PTB have their own course of evolution on this planet, their methods of enslavement become more and more sophisticated. In medieval times control was achieved by torture. Once you attain a certain level of awareness you realize that it's no big deal controlling by torture, you start working on a more sophisticated method, where you control more people to larger degrees, thus resulting in what we see today, controlling from behind the scenes, subjugating almost every single individual on the planet. HOWEVER. Evolution does not stop there. After a while they realize that they've been controlling us like this for a long time, and there is no challenge in maintaining things as they are. They have gained experience and their skills have become embettered. And then they come to realize that it's no big deal controlling whatever number of people by what you describe above, imposing limitations and infringing on free will, they start looking into new challenges methods that they might be able to use to control us WHILE we are allowed free will choice, WHILE we are educated and free from limitations. Now THAT's a big deal. So torture evolves into manipulation, manipulation evolves into psychic attack, while the population also evolves, developing "psychic" (natural) powers, utilizing the power of the mind, about which I just started a new topic, it's somewhere around this one in the metaphysics sub-forum. So the time of control by dumbing down, misinfo, limitations, etc. is almost over. It wouldn't work on us much longer anyway, it's the nature of evolution, keeps both sides aspiring higher and higher levels of consciousness. While what you wrote and what I linked are fun to read, keep in mind that the methods are obsolete, we are at the very end of the age they were used in, and we are breaking free from it, it's time to prepare for more serious methods of control by knowing yourself and disciplining your mind. Coherent Thought Sequencing is the name of the new game in town.

P.S.: Is that the guy from The Fountain? If it is then it's funny cuz I just saw this brand-new Super-inspirational video:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 12-8-2014 by Rolci because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

But potential is so very hard to define and arguably none quantifiable. Therefore whos to say that victims of societal manipulation had any potential beyond what is currently being realized. And that even without a mass manipulation machine they would still fall victim to manipulation as it is very much within there potential

I am coming back to this thread.

In discerning potential, one very important factor is freedom. Freedom to learn, to exchange with others and generally the freedom to make new experiences. I believe it's like you are saying : if I catch this ball before it falls on the ground, who's to say it would ever have reached the floor ? It's in the nature of existence for a being to make new and unique experiences, it's the human condition. What makes us unique is the fact that I will never be able to make the exact same experiences as you, and the same is true for my experiences and anyone's experiences. There is also kind of a scientific argument to make here : we are all humans and we all have the same brains, thus if one has potential, all have potential. We are all born with a curiosity-filled brain, willing to explore and to make new experiences.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
could you point to the OP source which might be a book, I'd like that please thanks

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Emeraldous

It was not a book, Carfantan wrote that in the context of a philosophy course that he gave.
You can find it here, in french.
www.philosophie-spiritualite.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The biggest hurdle for those that are consciously aware of mass-conditioning is to realise how ingenious it is, and really, give credit where credit is due to those that are responsible for it. There are many different levels to it and it aims at sacrificing individuality for collectivity. The advice for the "deviant" that longs for their individualities to be accepted in this modern attempt at "standardisation" is to play their part, and when no one is around, when they can get away with it, express themselves truthfully.

Laugh, cry, scream your guts out, talk to yourself incessantly, plan to take over the world, let it out.

And whatever you do, don't be ashamed of who you are.

Can you see us in the future, still ourselves, watching the automatons go about their business...

I can - you can spot me, the self-conceited one, wandering through the crowds, folding my arms and not batting an eye.
edit on 31-12-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SystemResistor
The biggest hurdle for those that are consciously aware of mass-conditioning is to realise how ingenious it is, and really, give credit where credit is due to those that are responsible for it. There are many different levels to it and it aims at sacrificing individuality for collectivity. The advice for the "deviant" that longs for their individualities to be accepted in this modern attempt at "standardisation" is to play their part, and when no one is around, when they can get away with it, express themselves truthfully.

Laugh, cry, scream your guts out, talk to yourself incessantly, plan to take over the world, let it out.

And whatever you do, don't be ashamed of who you are.

Can you see us in the future, still ourselves, watching the automatons go about their business...

I can - you can spot me, the self-conceited one, wandering through the crowds, folding my arms and not batting an eye.

I don't see any aim to put collectivity in front of the preoccupations of the system. They need individuals to be isolated, to feel lonely and powerless. Collectively we are their enemy, individually we are their slaves. There is a standardisation there is no doubt. But I guess what you mean is they need a herd of calves that is easy to manipulate rather than a collectivity of strong individualities. But it should be noted and remembered that as a group we can achieve things that no individuality can achieve alone (synergy).

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I mean to say that they are collectively accepting control.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join