It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff: Calif. Gunman Killed 6, Total Injured Is 13!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TheProphetMark

If we don't do something about what is happening now, the end result in the future isn't exactly going to be pretty. You think it's bad now? It's only going to get worse in the future. There's more narcissistic teenagers today than there was 20 years ago thanks to Facebook. That is the consequences of Facebook alone.

So more narcissistic teenagers will doom us all? Obviously as life gets easier there will be more self entitled kids, but that isn't a good enough reason to go back to a period in time when life was harder. And no I don't particularly think things are really bad right now, there are no large scale world wars happening, the exaggerated global warming threat hasn't killed us all, I feel quite safe in my neighborhood, the local stores are not running low on food.

Just because every few years a kid like this decides to go out and kill a bunch of people doesn't mean the end of times is upon us, I'm sure there were many mass murders in historic times, maybe even more than now since police and forensic science did not exist back then. There is no solid evidence that things are going to get worse, if anything the evidence shows that things will get better as our technological capabilities increase.
edit on 25/5/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Well imagine if one of those teenagers grew up to be President or hold some other powerful position. They could very well have an itchy trigger to start a War just for the heck of it. I'm guessing you and I are just seeing things differently, where thus you see the good and I see the bad.

My greatest fear isn't even dying but knowing our children will someday run this planet. I guess I'm suppose to pray and hope the most compassionate and greatest minds end up running the world. I'll do that.

Again, your points are well within reason. Kinda hard to argue with reason but you're probably right. Maybe I am just overthinking it.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Well imagine if one of those teenagers grew up to be President or hold some other powerful position.

That has already happened many times and even right now there are many leaders who are complete psychopaths, even Obama is one of the worst war mongers in history if you ask me. He has waged many stupid wars without congressional approval, he has spear headed the drone program, and is responsible for the death of many innocent people.

I'm guessing you and I are just seeing things differently, where thus you see the good and I see the bad.

Trust me, I have no problem seeing all the bad things in this world, actually it's quite ironic that I'm trying to point out the good things when all I usually do on ATS is criticize the bad things. But I just don't see why things are so bad that we need to bring about the end of times, I like to believe there is hope for humanity and that things will get better.

My greatest fear isn't even dying but knowing our children will someday run this planet. I guess I'm suppose to pray and hope the most compassionate and greatest minds end up running the world. I'll do that.

Children are getting smarter with every generation, they are more open minded and generally more intelligent. My greatest fear is that our current old world leaders will find a way to live forever and never give us a chance to move into a better world with better leaders. It's the oldest generation which is holding us back and preventing progress, it's the oldest generation who wont give up on the war on drugs, it's the oldest generation who run the banking cabals, it's the oldest generations who are the leaders of sinister secret societies that manipulate our government from the shadows, it's the oldest generations who are very racist and love to wage wars on people who are different from them. The younger generations may be more self entitled, but that is only a small percentage of kids, many kids are still very wise and humble people. How can you even begin to blame the youngest generations for anything when they haven't done anything to create the world we find ourselves living in right now?
edit on 25/5/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I guess I just worry how our environment today will shape our children, like I mentioned with facebook.

Anyways we totally derailed this thread I think, so I'm just going to go to bed. It's been fun.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Lol yeah I guess we better stop. In any case our discussion is very relevant to this incident and it was interesting. Btw I don't want you to feel like I'm saying you're a psychopath like this guy, I can understand your tendency to see all the bad things in the world, and I think all of us have an urge to kill at some point in our lives, especially those people we really think aren't good for society (for me it's certain world leaders). But that doesn't mean all of us are just going to go out and kill the people we don't like, it takes a very confused person to actually go through with it, and you don't seem like that type of person to me.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
... it's the oldest generation who run the banking cabals, it's the oldest generations who are the leaders of sinister secret societies that manipulate our government from the shadows, it's the oldest generations who are very racist and love to wage wars on people who are different from them. The younger generations may be more self entitled, but that is only a small percentage of kids, many kids are still very wise and humble people. How can you even begin to blame the youngest generations for anything when they haven't done anything to create the world we find ourselves living in right now?

That's a very interesting insight that made me open my eyes a bit, thank you.

I think you might be on to something here, but this is a problem that can't really be solved. I don't think it is possible to get rid of the older generations from all the positions of power, and I can see how this might have been a problem throughout human history.

To get this post back on topic: this kid who went nuts should have been on someone's radar. I think this is a case where a few trips to a psychologist might have saved some people's lives. All this guy needed was someone to impart a bit of wisdom and patience (and maybe a hooker).

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I'm glad they shot that sick twisted little pos in the head,what a vile selfish little person he was

How long was he posting these types of vids and comments online?

Concerning USA and guns,it's a massive place and in my travels there people would think nothing of traveling
60 miles to the local shop in some areas -that's the same for me thinking I will pop to London to get some things

I myself would personally have a side arm and a rifle if I lived so far out to keep friends and family protected and if in the city a hand gun in safe spot in house

How can America stop people like this keeping guns or getting guns? Something has to be done but not at the extent it tramples on the rights of so many who are like many on this earth decent compassionate individuals

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Seeing people going nuts and killing people is untolerable, however, the police in the state of California have beaten and murdered how many hundreds more than all the so called lunatics that aren't police officers?

The police easily win this one in total murders where excessive use of force is just another way of saying: Kill people without just cause. This covers all actions on cops and crazies. But it is sort of okay for cops to do it?

My point is the media headlines events like this one to only seem bad when it is some non-LEO that kill, and most jump right on that wagon..

edit on 25-5-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
You know what caused this? mard families. By mard i mean the English word for "soft, pussy, lightfoot". This kid has clearly been mollycoddled his whole life, and can't take rejection... anyone in the real world understands that rejection is a HEFTY part of life. I could imagine if i ever started to have thoughts of massacring people it would instantly be picked up on by my family, and believe me, even at my age of 29 my mother would make sure i knew what the wrath of god was. 22 and still a virgin? big deal! If he would of waited for 5 more years he would of probably posted a video on how he wishes these silly girls would piss off. Welcome to the age of the narcissistic nutcase. Couldnt fight his way out a wet paper bag, but feels happy behind a weapon.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I was going to type if I was the kids father I would have picked up on this ages ago and fixed it

As to comments in thread about taking him to a prostitute,that's demeaning to both !

Some Kids these days have changed,it's all about the money culture makes for very selfish people

GFS and BFs can be nothing more than a trophy to people brainwashed by media that virgins are
Not cool

I'm not on FB ( don't need to be my partner is on it and tells me everything I need to know lol) but that is full of me,me and more me attention seekers posting a million selfies (selfies for the selfish)

Don't get me wrong there still are lots of normal children out there and teenagers but I just get the feeling we might be creating selfish little monsters out there with no ethics

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Nacirema

No, I hadn't seen it, nor had I read the entire story because I was needing to run an errand. I saw the article when I was about to log off the computer and wanted to share it. Guess you can tell I hadn't read it all from my OP, huh?
I'll try to do better in the future.

That guy was a SICKO with capital letters! What a shame for all the innocent, young lives he took away, and the lives of the families that will never be the same.

I just don't know what to think anymore.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Maybe if one of the victims had a gun themselves It could of been ended before more people had to die

I think America is full of deranged people let down by their peers and society and see no other alternative than to go out in a style that will make them wish they did help them

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Why would people, including some type of professionals, see the material he wrote over an extended period and let this person just go on strolling through the world. Maybe because no one really cares until tragedy happens...

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Personally I am waiting for his family to issue a statement, and right now I am wondering if they are going to say what a good boy he was, how misunderstood, how he ran with a bad crowd, how he made a few mistakes, and not admit that their son messed up and made his own bed.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
first thoughts i had were:

1. he's gay and for some reason he couldn't admit it.
2. he's not ugly. he's actually cute.
3. he seems like he's acting.
4. maybe he was brainwashed, like a manchurian candidate.
5. something was just not right with the way he was talking in the video, like he wasn't
actually saying it himself, if that makes sense.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Who are the "three men" he "stabbed to death" "In his apartment"? That doesn't go along with the script of his video. Any names for the dead? How was he able to kill "three men" with a knife when he doesn't appear to be a very physical kid? Guess I'll have to look for more information.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

He said that is where the murders would begin; first with his two roommates.

NewsChannel 3 was first on scene of the apartment complex crime scene.

Three separate body bags were brought out from the building within an hour and a half.

"The three male victims were apparently stabbed repeatedly with sharp objects and it was a pretty horrific crime scene," said Sheriff Bill Brown at Saturday's press conference.

Brown did not identify who the men were or how they were connected to Rodger. He did say they were killed prior to the shooting rampage. Exactly when they died has not been confirmed.

Park said he did not know his neighbor because Rodger kept to himself and was not friendly.

"The few times I've seen him around, like living in the complex, he would sort of like mugs, and like stares. He wasn't really like a nice face. He didn't even like say hello or anything," said Park.

Link

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: sled735

I fully expect his lawyers to use the affluenza defense. Or sue the pharmaceutical companies blaming the meds he was on.

That's not really very likely since he's dead. He won't have any lawyers. Ever.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Here's a link to the latest update, with a statement from one of the victim's father.

news.yahoo.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join