It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51's celebrity status is it's last redeeming quality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
After being in the "wierd news" pages for quite a number of decades, is it possible that Area 51/Groom Lake no longer has much value to us conspiracy theorists? I mean, YES, we know they fly wierd crafts out of there sometimes. We see them. But the place has it's own mailbox and sign post, and it's basically a celebrity among military bases which never gets any privacy. There's always people watching for the slightest peep out of that place so they can tell the world what's going on. Whatever unconventional things they work with there may not be shared with us directly, but I think it's a given at this point that we kind of know what generally goes on there.

But has anyone ever considered the possibility that other places in the country where there IS no official entrance, or sign, or mailbox, or record whatsover...may host some of the most bizarre and cutting-edge laboratories and bases imaginable? Personally I'm convinced now that the majority of the wierdest UFO-related phenomena and even things related to ghosts and the supernatural may actually be things the government was doing, and they are likely even experimenting on test populations from their secret little vantage points. I think alot of these things we are actually SUPPOSED to see...but we are also supposed to interpret them as alien and extraterrestrial in origin. I think this all may be related to what is called Project Bluebeam, which is intended to convince people of the existence of extraterrestrials so a New World Order religion whch unites people and gets them to drop the old religions, can be founded around the fact. I don't believe aliens are involved in 99.9999% of all the world's UFO sightings and sightings of high-strangeness. I think it's the government, and we are supposed to think that Area 51 is the cat's meow of secrecy, while there are much MUCH deeper and stranger things going on right under our noses.
edit on 24-5-2014 by brofjw because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: brofjw

I think its possible. I imagine it would have to be taking place somewhere in Alaska. Or maybe in the Pacific Ocean, on one of the island possessions of the United States. It would be very near impossible for any civilian to get close.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: PrinceRupertsDog

All over the country, from time to time the government has proposed legitimate projects such as reservoirs and atomic research facilities. Projects which would require them to go underground and excavate the earth. But many times these projects have been abandoned, yet the locals in those áreas continue to see a subtle lingering military presence. I feel it's because these projects which never were...were simply decoys to gain access undergound. The government went under and only pretended to pull out. And then the true purpose is achieved in near total secrecy as the locals begin to forget. The only evidence is an occasional truck driving back to a small reservation where there is a ramp that leads to a subterranean complex which is under development. Over time the complex could grow astronomically, and even be connected via tunnels deep underground to other entrance-ways, perhaps through the use of tube-trains. Who knows how vast these things could be. Civilians have no way of knowing for sure, they can only connect the dots. The Nazis had subterranean complexes so large they stunned the Allies when they found them after the war. These were built in the 1930's and 1940's. Can you imagine what could have been done since then in the U.S.? We could be living on the biggest anthill ever and never know it, because only the government has access to the secret entrances.
edit on 24-5-2014 by brofjw because: missed a few words

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
As for us not knowing what's underground, that's not necessarily true. Geologists and the such are constantly mapping under us keeping track of the geology and things like the water table. This is very important in our everyday lives.

Having said that, yes there are major underground installations all over the place, and most of them are not really a secret. I have a feeling there are vast areas of the Nevada desert that have underground facilities, and something gariac may or may not agree with, but base camp seems like a logical location for one.

I for one know that area 51 is nothing more than an inaccessible base used for classified fight technology and military application. But you bring up a good point about the pacific. There are tons of islands that we as civilians are not allowed to visit. Hell a place like Diego garcia in the indian ocean would be a perfect location to test fly aircraft. I'm pretty sure there's an island off the coast of California that I had an F-22 take off from one time and circled above them while they performed test flight. They would come up to get fuel about once an hour and it eventually landed at Edwards but what it was doing on the island is anyone's guess.

No I won't say what island so don't ask. But its not too hard to figure out with Google earth

edit on 25-5-2014 by boomer135 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2014 by boomer135 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Area 51 doesn't have a sign or mailbox. The signs are for the Nellis bombing range, though really for the NTTR.

You may be thinking of the rancher's (Medlin) mailbox.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Duh @ there's secret (underground) mil facilities all over the place. But Project Bluebeam...? Nah, I'm over believing that. They don't need huge showy projects like that; cultural influence through media, and physical influence through food and medicine is more than enough to facilitate their powergreedy needs.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

Channel Islands I presume. Probably San Nicolas.

Most "underground" construction is really in the sides of mountains. I doubt there is much of anything "underground" in Nevada since you can insure privacy/security since by distance. Nevada probably has the least amount of "underground" construction of any CONUS.

Yes, I know about the NTS tunnels.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Then I'm going to spill the beans.

I lived in a little town called Walker Valley, NY from 1985 to 1994. Walker Valley is 4 miles west of another town called Pine Bush...and Pine Bush was subject to several decades of UFO sightings and other phenomena between the 1960's and well into the 90's. Because it was such an old fashioned rural town, many of the sightings remained among the locals, until kooky city people heard about it and came up to poke around and started writing books about it.

I was none the wiser that the town was known for these things for almost the entire time I lived there. However, in that time both me and some close friends did experience some very wierd things. It was only after I moved away and discovered the several books written about it, especially "Silent Invasion" by Ellen Crystall, that things started to click. In 2002 I read a newspaper article that mentioned something a friend had seen almost 10 years earlier, and finally figured out he definately had not made it up. Many other people had seen it. For the record, in the late 1980's, quite a number of household pets in nearby Montgomery, NY went missing. In the early 90's friend of mine claimed to have seen a headless cat roaming around in a field. It was in that article I read in 2002 that I found out that lots of people living there have seen that same cat (or one with no head) walking around. That same friend also saw a silent-running black manta-shaped craft soar at tree-top level and away over the hills, right in Walker Valley. Another friend was with him, and both have remained serious, straight and consistent with that story for the past 28 years.

Many people have also seen wierd things in Pine Bush that they describe as ghosts or invisible entities that seem to be able to affect people and things, sometimes malevolently. I can personally attest to a simple plastic air pump for a rubber raft that once pumped several times completely by itself in my house while I watched. It was foot operated and non-motorized. People also mention hearing voices and sounds come out of the air. I can attest to that too, once or twice. I am not the only one. To this day, if I dig a little, I can still find people talking about these things happening in that town.

Now here's the kicker: In the mid 1980's, the government suddenly came to the officials in several local towns including Pine Bush with a proposal to build a huge proton supercollider for atomic research right under our town. They fought and fought about this until finally the government pulled out. The same exact things happened about 30 miles south of Pine Bush along the Delaware River in NJ. But that project was a reservoir not a supercollider. People fought it and the government abandoned the project....but they still stayed around on the reservations they had built during the negotiations. They had taken thousands of acres of land by eminant domain, only now it wasn't going to be used for it's intended purpose. Today most of it has become a national park, the Delaware National Water Gap recreation area. And it is connected to Pine Bush by the same mountain range.

In the years after the supercollider in Pine Bush was abandoned, supposedly many people claimed to hear whirring and drilling noises coming from the fields and the hills, but no one ever saw anything. I once heard these noises when I was about 14, while hiking on the mountain about 2 miles from the nearest road, but it sounded like it was 500 feet away. I didn't know anything about the rumors back then. I just heard something that didn't belong. And about 25 years after that I visited that place with a small group of friends and AGAIN heard a loud, mechanical whoosh there, like an airlock opening and closing. Many reports of noises like these were well-outlined in Ellen Crystall's book, and most people concluded that they came from underground. People also talk about them at the UFO club meetings which are still held in town. Ellen was somewhat of a kook looking to bond with brothers and sisters from outer space, but she interviewed many people for her publications who were not kooks, and that's where many accounts about Pine Bush come from. In a way, Ellen made a great publicity agent, and she was dead set on interpreting the events in Pine Bush as aliens...who had built a base under the area. This is very similar to the goal of Project Bluebeam: To have people believe that the government's toys really belong to Aliens. This kind of thinking goes all the way back to Roswell. All kinds of reverse and sideways pychology is used to make people unable to think without having contradicting thoughts.

I've written too much for one post, but trust me there's much more. I think that Project Stargate, the government's remote-viewing program also played a role in Pine Bush. I think they were experimenting with the ability to beam or transfer hallucinatory ideas or thoughts into people's minds, and that possbly the headless cat was not actually walking around, but was a hallucination beamed into people's minds from a laboratory where there WAS in fact a livgin headless cat. They just chose that image because it was unusual and convenient, and if people started talking about what they had seen, the experiment's success would be a no-brainer as walking headless cats are not too common.

I think Pine Bush was home to a major underground laboratory involving unconventional aircraft/spacecraft, remote viewing, mind-control, nanoprobes and nanotechnology, living cybernetically altered animal probes, and even technology which could distort time and space, and possibly experiments with things like teleportation. Pine Bush is nestled in the vallies beneath the Shawangunk mountains which provide a rugged backdrop of limestone caves, steep cliffs and dense forest. If there's anywhere that it would be feasible to build a secret entrance to an underground facility and still have access to a population to experiment on, this would be it.
edit on 25-5-2014 by brofjw because: Tidied up sentence structure

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Yes, it lost it's primary value once it came under constant surveilance and serve's now as a honey trap to keep the information seekers away from the real site's by looking there, most of the site is deep underground anyway and it is concievable that there is a comletely different entrance even hundred's of miles away from the surface site so it is definitely still active but the primary research and development site is probably far from there now, I should not be surprised if it turned out to a Dumb built under water with a small island entrance like PrinceRupertsDog suggests.
It is still active though and some of the project's will not be portable but now no longer the primary site and has not been for at least a decade.
edit on 25-5-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

There is no need for any of the facilities ar Groom Lake to be underground. Why bother when you have such a large border. If you want to hide something, put up a building.

Of course simple logic won't prevent people from repeating unsubstantiated rumors of underground facilities at Groom Lake.

It would be refreshing if someone would attempt at delivering some iota of proof of underground facilities or these railways to Groom Lake. Hint: a map on the internet is not proof of anything.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Hmm have a look at google earth, see the fake runway's and old cracked asphalt runway's from the 1960's era, well notice the thin line's, some like some of the runway's are ruse to hide or confuse observing satellite's so the area does have to be large especially to confuse soviet and now russian and chinese satellite's.
There are if you look mag acceleration track's and they seem to dissapare into camouflaged entrances at there point of appearance.
Some of the project's there requier BREATHING room and to keep the public away as the best ear on the ground a potential enemy has is the public (Loose lip's sink ship's).
A subterranean complex is most certainly present and perhaps several as the old addage goes do not put all your egg's in one basket, indeed this would have been a target in the event that the cold war went sour and so multiple asset's may have been located there in spite of it's seeming poor strategic location - except it is good for space launches and covert satalite launching using kinetic acceleration system's like these rails to propel a ground lauch vehicle to very high speed and so make it's lauch footprint with a lack to rocket plume and stealth design's far from soviet radar installations virtualy invisible to an observer.
So unfounded, please explain.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I watch the new construction at Groom Lake, and the Google Earth imagery is up to date. Go to Bing for more up to date imagery.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I don't believe you've ever been to any kind of military base, much less, flown over one at low altitude... Have you?

Those 'thin lines' aren't "mag acceleration tracks".. Lol, they are black lines that are painted onto the Groom dry lake bed in a circular path, for overrun landings by aircraft which need to be aborted.. So if the pilots ever needed to ditch the plane into the desert floor in the event of failed approach, they can follow those painted markings around to put the plane into dry lake bed, instead of the desert brush, avoiding large out of control brush fires.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: weavty1

I am not a pilot but do not presume to know my history, They are in some pretty wierd places unless you and I are looking at completely different object's, the one's I am talking about are very thin and in part's intersect or even run along the think cracked asphalt runways as well as away form them and there are two distinct tracks, one look's older or in poor shape while they both look possible rarely used or disused (disused for the older one).
I am not a military analyst but am absolutely certain we are not looking at the same line's by your description.
They both track back to what look like hanger or similar door's which are subteranean or camouflages to appear so with only the door's visible and then only just but could be more ruse from the cold war so faux the russian analysts.
By the way I am in blighty, you know the biggest aircraft carrier in the us navy or at least we where at the height of the cold war before US budget cut's and the closing down of nearly all legacy base here and there are no similar lines on the former us manned RAF airfield's so ARE you talking about the same thing, one story though at one airfield was that a civilian trespassed four years after the american forces had withdrawn (they are patroled by MOD police and still military bases by classification where they have not been sold off) and he was approached and detained by men in black special ops uniforms whom detained him in an underground facility where he was taken blindfolded before being handed to the MOD police, what the hell was he doing trespassing anyway but key are underground facility at a former US airbase which housed nuclear weapons (Supposedly removed) and the ongoing military presence at a supposed closed down site, this was before the Iraq conflict so I am calling quite a while back, As a security operative myself I can also tell you that in the Uk even private security companys' have to be ex military staffed to recieve MOD clearance for contracting to there site's.

edit on 26-5-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
No, I don't believe we are looking at the same location(s)... Because I clearly do not see what you are speaking of.

Care to post a screenshot?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: boomer135
I for one know that area 51 is nothing more than an inaccessible base used for classified fight technology and military application. But you bring up a good point about the pacific. There are tons of islands that we as civilians are not allowed to visit. Hell a place like Diego garcia in the indian ocean would be a perfect location to test fly aircraft. I'm pretty sure there's an island off the coast of California that I had an F-22 take off from one time and circled above them while they performed test flight. They would come up to get fuel about once an hour and it eventually landed at Edwards but what it was doing on the island is anyone's guess.

No I won't say what island so don't ask. But its not too hard to figure out with Google earth

San Nicholas

that's no secret. Mostly Navy.

new topics

top topics

join