It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War on Bacon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I can attest to that fact in my own household. My husband is overweight and doesn't love the bacon nearly as much as I do. I weigh in around 102 and could easily down a pound of it in one sitting. Naturally that is on very rare occasions as I know that just because I am skinny, it doesn't mean my cholesterol may not be high. And see??? I didn't need a committee of idiots to tell me that. Just good old common sense.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Sports are bourgeois entertainment for the masses to be distracted from their service to the culture and are slowly being eliminated,apparently they are doing it with "safety".It shows a competitive ideal that should be controlled and removed from popular culture as soon as possible. Can't have actual MEN running around being assertive and wanting decadent unhealthy foods like Bacon. They are going to stop you for your health...and safety

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Dude I live right near the Iron Pigs and A-town I live right down the road hell graduated school from allentown and everyone loves the "pigs" the hell with that bring it on A-holes you want a war on bacon come on over and get covered in it lol GO PIGS!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
These attacks will not be tolerated.

We must mobilize our forces immediately.

i say we call china, and get this fella to lead the forces..

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

How many of these activists are Muslim, or have ties to Muslims? I think if I lived there, I'd create a bacon-scent to wear, just to tick them off. Food Nazis annoy me!

Besides, bacon is awesome! Any food can be improved with chocolate or bacon!

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I like girls that like bacon..., makes making breakfast easy and awesome

to girls that like bacon

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

some incredibly industrious chaps are WAY ahead of you....

www.fargginay.com...

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Girls like guys that like good food, too! In fact, hubby says it was the food that caught him!

a reply to: Daedalus

OOOOOO - they should get billboards posted around this anti-bacon stuff! Should do wonders for business!!!

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

S&F!

WTFH!

Oh I am soooo freaking mad right now!

That makes me ask the question WHO?

Following the Activists: 'Ban Bacon from Ballparks,' 'Deadly as Smoking

I found some text which had a link embedded in it to the pdf of the letter sent to the Iron Pigs owners.

The letter authored by a one Cameron Wells R.D., M.P.H. ... who states 1st off in the letter that he is a Dietician and he refers to a study done by the World Cancer Research Fund on processed meats ...

Red and processed meats and cancer prevention

To reduce your cancer risk, eat no more than 500g (cooked weight) per week of red meat, like beef, pork and lamb, and avoid processed meats such as ham, bacon, salami, hot dogs and some sausages.

What is red meat?

Red meat refers to beef, pork, lamb and goat – foods like hamburgers, minced beef, pork chops and roast lamb.

As a rough guide 500g of cooked red meat is the same as 700 to 750g of raw red meat. To help visualise how much this is, a medium portion of roast beef or pork is about 90g and a medium steak is about 145g.

Although eating a lot of red meat is linked to bowel cancer, it is a good source of nutrients including protein, iron and zinc. The evidence shows that eating up to 500g (cooked weight) of red meat per week does not significantly raise cancer risk. Regularly eating more than this, however, does increase risk of bowel cancer.
What are processed meats

Processed meats are meats which have been preserved by smoking, curing or salting, or by the addition of preservatives. Examples include ham, bacon, pastrami and salami, as well as hot dogs and some sausages. Hamburgers and minced meats only count as processed meat if they have been preserved with salt or chemical additives.

Research has show that eating processed meat can increase cancer risk. If you eat meat, then it is best to choose unprocessed meat.

But they also qualify ... Press releases Our response to social media story on processed meat

22 May 2013

We are aware of a story circulating social media and blog sites claiming to represent World Cancer Research Fund International’s position on processed meat. We had no involvement in the production of this article. The statement below is a true reflection of our stance on processed meat:

World Cancer Research Fund International recommends avoiding processed meat. This is the conclusion of an independent panel of leading scientists who, following the biggest review of international research ever undertaken, judged the evidence that processed meat increases the risk of bowel cancer to be convincing. This review was done in 2007 and was subsequently confirmed in 2011.

There is a continual, growing body of scientific evidence that highlights the health risks of eating processed meat. It is estimated that there would be 4,000 fewer cases of bowel cancer in the UK if people consumed less than 70g of processed meat a week (equivalent to three rashers of bacon). This is why we recommend people avoid it. The articles talking about processed meat being 'too dangerous for human consumption' are unhelpful and scaremongering. We would say that if people can't cut out processed meat completely they should cut down. WCRF International advocates a sensible, healthy, balanced diet.

And so the dietician may indeed be correct that it causes cancer in large amounts but those who did the study they rely on also say 3 bacon rashes a week is acceptable, where as he is saying any bacon is unacceptable!

Is he a militant vegan?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: arexon
the war on bacon isnt just from animal right nutters
in australia (bacon country) muslims are demanding everthing halal maccas,kfc etc etc in "their" areas
i loose my # when they say no bacon because of the majority of people in the area are muslim and they dont eat bacon yet they love young male prostitutes
well good how about # off home than
BACON WARS

A mate of mine stopped in last week and we were discussing this subject. He mentioned that in certain areas, McDonald's and some other fast food outlets that hadn't removed bacon from their menus were cooking it in microwaves because they weren't allowed to let it touch normal cooking surfaces.

I wonder how much more people will take of being quietly invaded?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

How many of these activists are Muslim, or have ties to Muslims? I think if I lived there, I'd create a bacon-scent to wear, just to tick them off. Food Nazis annoy me!

Besides, bacon is awesome! Any food can be improved with chocolate or bacon!

Did you say chocolate...bacon?

Voila! Chocolate dipped Bacon...

Pig out my bacon loving chocoholics...

Des

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Bacon and gun rights, I support conservative on these two issues.

oh there is no bacon emote

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Meh..what a load of rubbish ..
Doctors there are nothing more than pill pushers for big pharma and a disgrace to medicine ..
The lot of them are bloody clueless quacks ...

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Ok goddamn it! Enoough is Enough! Spy on my every move, tax the crap out of me, drones, virus's, wars, rumor of wars BUT LEAVE MY FREAKIN BACON ALONE!! IF YOUR MOSLEM GOODY FOR YOU, MIND YOUR OWN GODDAMN BUSINESS AND LEAVE MY PORK ALONE!!

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

I would prefer it if they concentrated on curing cancer and something other than chemo.

I know processed foods contain chemicals but a gammon joint OOOORRRRR heavenly and the odd bacon butty with brown sauce and soft white bread with a crispy crust ooooh heaven!

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Hmmm, Bacon Prohibition... Shall we start a black market on bacon...

leolady

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I roll my cigarettes in bacon strips instead of papers and i sprinkle a little gun powder in the tobacco to add some extra bang.

Dont campaign for bans

Promote moderation.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

lol... that's just messed up.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Its not like you have to consume the bacon fat and suffer the consequences of high cholesterol.
Just pour off the fat into a can and use it for suet to feed the birds or to grease the feeder to keep the squirrels off.
Apparently hot bacon grease was was even an ingredient in the original formula for tin man lubricant as well.

edit on 25-5-2014 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join