It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War on Bacon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

they best leave bacon alone!

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I once stabbed the hand of an ex boyfriend with a fork...he kept stealing slices of bacon off my plate...

Yes, I love my bacon...that much...

Des

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I got curious about the group and went to the web site. Personally I will always support animal testing, not cause I agree with it, but cause of some of the cures and medications that have come from the use of animals in those early days, which helped cure a lot of people.

Antivenom was derived from horses, along pigs and dogs, to help those who were diabetic, before the 1960's.

I am tired of organizations trying to dictate to the public on what they should be consuming, and start expecting people to take responsibility for their actions.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

I once stabbed the hand of an ex boyfriend with a fork...he kept stealing slices of bacon off my plate...

Des

And no Jury of your peers would have convicted you of assault ever! Not when Bacon was at stake. I approve of your methods!

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
You know I was thinking (dangerous I know, pain medication makes it more so) back in the day most all of us were born to parents whose job it was to teach us about life. What we should eat, what we shouldn't, not to play in busy streets, take candy from strangers, sit on Uncle Bob's lap for too long, etc, etc, etc. When we are grown, we venture out on our own, free to make our own choices... Good or bad.

Being an adult meant that we were then responsible for ourselves. When exactly did it happen that we now NEED groups to oversee every choice we make as if we were still children? WTH? I mean seriously... When was it decided that adults could no longer make their own choices? We really don't need committees and activists after mom and dad to make sure we live our entire lives doing exactly what someone else tells us we need to do.

It's beyond the pale really. The more I think about it, the more ridiculous it becomes. We are all the boy in the plastic bubble at this point.

ETA - That when we left home we sank or we swam. When did it become a bad thing to let folks figure out sinking on their own?
edit on 5/24/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Des

He should consider himself lucky that he didn't pull back a nub. Just saying.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

America has strips of crispy, salty, savory bacon as its foundation.

In all seriousness, when i am just starting keto (low carb diet) ill cook up a pound of bacon to take to work with me for snacking. The doctors on that billboard should have their license reviewed. Carbohydrates are what drives up blood pressure. Blood fats tend to come from the liver, created by sugar/starch.

Ill let them tax me into the poor house. Grope and rope me onto the planes. Maybe even strike my house with a drone. But if they want my bacon they are going to have to pry it from my fat, greasy hands.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

That is so true Kanga. I have this fantasy of herding together all the *be like me, see like me* meddling a$$holes. Stranding them all together on a deserted island...wait for them to boss each other to death.

We don't need a committee to tell us what to eat, what toilet paper our butts like better, nor how immoral we are for wanting to raise our kids our way. I'm sick of it all.

But, most of all I'm sick of the namby pamby airheads who jump on silly do-gooder band wagons when they haven't a clue what they are talking about. "Oh bacon is soooooo bad for you...you are a bad parent if you even use the B word in your home".

Des

edit on 24-5-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I couldn't agree more. The island sounds like a pretty damn good idea at this point. I really get tired of seeing the kids being trotted out every 15 minutes as well.

"It's for the kids."
"Why do you hate the kids?"
"Why don't you love the kids as much as we do?"
"Why do you want kids to die in the street?"

They fall back on "The Kids" for every flipping "agenda of the day" they have.

People fall for it though. That's even sadder.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
i always thought anger from muslims was about not being able to eat bacon...so the last i heard when my GF was living in a highly muslim populated area was they have beef bacon....and yes it tastes like crap but hey at least it is bacon..kinda...sort of

www.thekitchn.com...
edit on 24-5-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
i always thought anger from muslims was about not being able to eat bacon...so the last i heard when my GF was living in a highly muslim populated area was they have beef bacon....and yes it tastes like crap but hey at least it is bacon..kinda...sort of

www.thekitchn.com...
m

Blah...that sounds like dry humping. Oops...did I say that out loud...

Des

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
OGFM!!!
A group as bent and stupid as the westboro idiots!
Yes this group is just as bad as westboro.
Now, spread the news!!
You hate bacon, I think you are bored and need a hobby.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

www.thekitchn.com...
m

Blah...that sounds like dry humping. Oops...did I say that out loud...

Des

lol...now we know how beef bacon is made...

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
All I have to say is, "Come get some".

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
don't worry, We can start a bacon underground if they start getting too Jerky about it. These people are only looking at a little part of the chemistry of bacon. There is a lot of good to consuming rendered fat. Next it will be the fried pork rinds and the beef jerky and aged sausages. Then everyone will be on antidepressants.

These kind of people want everyone to have as miserable life as they have, void of the pleasures of bacon consumption. Bacon grease is healthier than butter. It is way better than eating shortening. The people who erroneously think everything is bad about it don't know squat.

Moderation should always be observed when eating bacon, consistently eating a pound at a time is not good for you. Half a pound at Sunday brunch is fine, just don't eat it every day. Half a pound actually winds up being about three ounces after it is fried.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
All I have to say is, "Come get some".

I am confused Beezer...By "come get some", Is the pic an invitation to come to your house, be kicked down a massive hole, then be rewarded with bacon? Or is it a clear line drawn in the grease for an arse whooping hand out if they try to take your bacon?

One could result with millions of people standing at your door before the cock crows...

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Those that desire bacon will always be welcome at our small settlement outside of Winterfell.

Those that look to remove the bacon-freedom that we all enjoy will feel the steel of the Iron Skillet!

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
You know the strange part of this...It seems that the people I know who eat lots of bacon are all skinny. They also live a long time, probably because they can't get bacon in heaven...so they want to stay here.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Wield it justly and mightily brave bunny.
We are all standing behind you... and slightly to the left as to avoid that massive hole in your yard.

You must have had one huge carrot.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Bacon is coming

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join